July 24, 2014 | 1685 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by I_Luv_Cosmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've heard about this for years so finally decided to try it. Definitely sofens all the imperfections (redness, age spots, etc) and gives your face a soft focus. It's nice because the finish is natural instead of overly made up. I have the compact as opposed to the balls as it was easier to transport.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 5:25:00 AM More reviews by lingjie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not in my second box of this powder. This has been a great product and I recommended it to all my friends and family. It works really well and subtly improves your complexion with a sophisticated dewy glow. The only thing is that it is a bit difficult to carry around in its original box, and the compact version is too expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by dorisdx

Like most reviewers here, I just couldn't resist the urge of buying it the moment I saw it. It's so pretty and has this cute, lovely smell. When I first applied it at home, to be honest I was a little bit disappointed - it simply didn't make a difference. I decided to give it another try today. I applied it to my left hand and wanted to see if it'd make a difference (as I have my right hand to compare). It didn't make much of a difference..at first! And then I dipped my brush down to the powder lying in the bottom of the case...the magic happened. It gave my left hand a nice beautiful yet subtle glowing look while my right hand simply looked pale & dull.
I guess the powder off the little balls is not just enough to be noticed :-)
I have beige chick. I recommend this to people with fair/fair-medium skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm all for sparkles! Hate shimmer, but love glimmer, i.e. sparkles or even subtle glitter. So, when I read the reviews of this product, I knew I had to have it. I got it in Mythic at Sephora. The first disappointing aspect of this product was the cheap cardboard container. Really, for the money spent, they could make a nicer package. (For comparison, I recently bought a limited edition Sheerspark highlighter powder from MAC that came in the most lovely, campy, heavyweight black compact with rhinestones... really nice, but I digress.) Next, the scent. I knew from the reviews to expect a heavily fragranced product. The scent itself was pleasant. It reminded me of those violet candies that look like Pez, only bigger. Still, the scent struck me as completely unnecessary and random. Really, why should face powder smell like candy...or flowers...or anything, for that matter? Then I applied it. The puff enclosed was nearly hard, certainly not fluffy as suited to this luxury product. So, I tossed that and used a soft foundation brush. Then came the dust effect. This powder went all over the place in a big "poofy" cloud around the sink. Gag. I guess the name Meteorites is a fairly apt title for this little explosion of powder. Getting past all these downer aspects of the product, I was still excited to see its effects. I have to say that the powder itself looked great!! It had the precise amount of soft sparkly bits to satisfy a conservative glitter girl. In fact, nobody would notice the sparkles, only their soft, light-difflecting effect. So, I had to think about whether the nice result of Les Meteorites justify the high price and all the bothersome obstacles on the trip to attaining such pretty tiny sparkles. Not in my estimation. I returned it. Every time I pass the display, I do go back and look at the sample boxes and apply a bit on my hand. I will probably always think fondly of this little luxury item, but it's not for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Fabiochanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok this is guerlain so i just have to love it!!!!

So i bought this like almot a year ago and used it them on top of my semi-matt foundation of guerlain which i love!! but it didn't do what i wanted it to...so i stopped using it for months.

A few weeks back i rediscoverd it as i also LOVE MAC studio fix powder plus foundation (NW15) i used it over the powder a finishing and i love it!!!!!!! its totaly great it perfects my face brightens,give a nice glow its sooo lovely and i use the pink fresh as a blusher and with both of them on i look fab!

So i'm compleatly happy with it now great powder! can't wait to buy de gold temptation!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd probably buy this again because although it is cardboard, I love the container. The scent sends me to heaven (signature Guerlain candied violets scent). The little coloured, shimmery balls of makeup are fun and in a snobbish way, I love the fact that I am using Guerlain.
However, this product is only so-so.
I was on the fence about Mythic, at first, as I had purchased the compact before I purchased the balls. The compact, I had thought, made me look ashy if I overapplied. It must have been the dry state my skin was at the moment (and I actually thought that the 'highlighter' that was similar in colour by Physician's Formula applied the same. Not true!).
Mythic is a wondrous finishing powder-- its combination of colours flatter the complexion and the very slight shimmer it imparts makes the skin look finished and very radiant. I've never used a product like this!
I also have Pink Fresh, which imparts a lovely pinkish-peachy glow to my skin with a bit of shimmer. However, I find that it looks very similar (just a tad more shimmery) than Benefit's Dandelion. It's just a bit less pigmented. If I really take the time to apply it on my cheeks, I get a nice blush going on. If I apply it all over my face (which I don't recommend to you super pale folks out there), I get a nice, healthy glow.
As others have said, this stuff can be placed in the "completely frivolous" category. Guerlain is one of those brands I reach for when I have a bit of dosh to spend and I usually do so when I have had a totally crap day. I don't know what it is about that subtle candied violet scent that makes me feel better! (Daft, I know...)
The product performs decently enough, I think.
Also, people, if you grind your brush into the balls, they will fly everywhere. All that is needed is a light hand to apply these powders. They are meant to be subtle.
The pouf that comes with it? Don't use that, unless you want a mess! My opinion on it is that it's there to keep the balls from rolling around in the container and making a mess (there will be some loose powder in the bottom of the container, to a degree).
These last a long time, thankfully. I've had mine for a bit and use them daily, and I can see them lasting for a really long time still! That makes purchasing these worth it for me, as I paid 29 a piece for these.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by princess_xueqi

I am a NC25, love the glowy look Meteorites(Mythic) give me but sadly it gave me serious breakouts.. So i can't use it anymore.. Wasted my $84 just like that :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2007 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Bito

after reading all these wonderful reviews about Les meteorites ball powder i wanted to buy it really badly,and although it was very very expensive (43$ i think) i bought it,the reviews posted here are really exaggerating the effect of this powder,you will think it is a magical powder or something that will wipe all your skin problems,and i had such high expectation,so when i tried it i was really disappointed,i didn't notice any difference AT ALL!!,and i lied to myself and thought there must be a difference but i didn't notice,i even asked my sisters and friends if they can see any difference at all,and no body did!!i tried two colors Mythic and Beige Chic,and the two have no effect at all,and now i still have them and i use them every now and then only to finish it.i know this is a long review,but i am really angry that i wasted my money on this and the only reason is these ridiculous rave reviews.Revlon skin light lotion is much much better than this.SO PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND BUY THIS ,and don't listen to these reviews..(To my friends at Makeup Alley please don't exaggerate,PLEASE!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by jessamine20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the beige chic, colour, as I have medium skin... yes it is pure frivolity! I had a gift card given to me and what I really liked was the packaging, it really goes with my dresser, and so.... It really is a lovely finishing powder, but with my breakout prone, sensitive skin, it just ended up being a no-no for my face; It's full of talc, amongst other things. Talc is a big no-no for acne prone skin.
So I now use it on my arms and legs, when I want a very light shimmer... I use it a lot, and have now had it for two years and only used two thirds, so it's pretty good value if you can afford the initial cost.
If you have that completely insensitive skin that never reacts to anything... go for it!
It IS good for arms and legs, (even your feet when wearing sandals),if your face doesn't like it, so it's not a complete waste of money. I'm sure that if you are younger and showing your midriff, you could even use it there.
It's fairly subtle as long as you don't trowel it on - You really need to buy a Kabuki brush, other brushes can result in uneven application. JR minerals have kabuki for about 20 dollars, they're on the web.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Ammit

I bought the compact version of this but it was the little spheres that I really wanted and I finally got around to buying them!

So....this product:

Pricewise, it's a total rip off, but I knew that when I went to buy it. I mean, you are just paying for some coloured powder balls with a nice smell in a cute little box.

In any case, there is a lot of charm about this product and I bought it becuase it's basically stupidly indulgent!! The smell is like Parma Violets, the sweets I loved as a child.
The spheres come in gold, white, green, purple and pink and they come in a round cardboard box with a multicolour and gold design on it.

These are NOT a highlighter, they are a finishing powder (a glorified one), so to the reviewer below, they woudln't have worked as a highlighter for you, because that's not what they are!
This product is meant to leave a flawless veil over your skin and each colour has a different property to it.......i won't reel through them but everyone knows that green counteracts red and pink adds a glow etc etc.

For the people that are losing the things all over the place, you just need to be gentle when swirling the brush around, I can imagine people thinking that they are whisking an egg when using this and that would be why they go everywhere! I've never had this problem though.

As far as does this actually work is concerned well......it depends what you expect from it. The price for me was 29. That is expensive for something like this, but the packaging has to be manufactured, the sphere's manufactured and the packaging isnt crappy either.............then there's the advertising.........if you are buying or even looking at guerlain you can't really complain about the price, it's frivolous make up really, and practical is not something on guerlains priority list!!

This powder does give a nice glow, it is much nicer for me than a flesh coloured powder or just a bog standard translucent powder, I can't imagine ever running out of this because i use so little on my brush, it will last me a long time so the price isn't that bad. If you are looking for something oil controlling or homely like bobbi brown then look elsewhere, this as i say is not practical, it's just plain frivolous, and if you are like me and have relatively no need for oil control and every need for a pretty box on your dresser then buy it and love applying it every day. I prefer this over normal powder, it blends in harsh lines and tones down over applied blush.

It is not a miracle worker, the price is all the packaging and marketing not a reflection of the products abilities.......so if you still want to buy it after reading this then I think it's definitely for you!

33 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No