September 2, 2014 | 1996 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just realized I have not reviewed this little gem of a product in its lovely little box. I have been using it daily for maybe 6-8 months. Just this over my sunscreen, with Nars Orgasm blush over top and a nice lipstick or gloss is all I need. (Well, there is that nice Clarins Liquid Bronze self-tanner once or twice a week too for a bit of color.) Les Meteorites gives me a certain glow. I look healthier, in a very subtle, natural, non-glittery way. I do use the special brush and have not had any problems with it. Yes, this product is ridiculously expensive but it should last for years with no problem, so if it works for you it's a good deal. And it does look beautiful on one's dresser:-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 8:25:00 AM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love it!!! I have the powder in Mythic. It makes skin glow, skin look so healthy and radiant! And it has so beautiful scent! Just wow!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by I_Luv_Cosmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've heard about this for years so finally decided to try it. Definitely sofens all the imperfections (redness, age spots, etc) and gives your face a soft focus. It's nice because the finish is natural instead of overly made up. I have the compact as opposed to the balls as it was easier to transport.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 5:25:00 AM More reviews by lingjie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not in my second box of this powder. This has been a great product and I recommended it to all my friends and family. It works really well and subtly improves your complexion with a sophisticated dewy glow. The only thing is that it is a bit difficult to carry around in its original box, and the compact version is too expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by dorisdx

Like most reviewers here, I just couldn't resist the urge of buying it the moment I saw it. It's so pretty and has this cute, lovely smell. When I first applied it at home, to be honest I was a little bit disappointed - it simply didn't make a difference. I decided to give it another try today. I applied it to my left hand and wanted to see if it'd make a difference (as I have my right hand to compare). It didn't make much of a difference..at first! And then I dipped my brush down to the powder lying in the bottom of the case...the magic happened. It gave my left hand a nice beautiful yet subtle glowing look while my right hand simply looked pale & dull.
I guess the powder off the little balls is not just enough to be noticed :-)
I have beige chick. I recommend this to people with fair/fair-medium skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm all for sparkles! Hate shimmer, but love glimmer, i.e. sparkles or even subtle glitter. So, when I read the reviews of this product, I knew I had to have it. I got it in Mythic at Sephora. The first disappointing aspect of this product was the cheap cardboard container. Really, for the money spent, they could make a nicer package. (For comparison, I recently bought a limited edition Sheerspark highlighter powder from MAC that came in the most lovely, campy, heavyweight black compact with rhinestones... really nice, but I digress.) Next, the scent. I knew from the reviews to expect a heavily fragranced product. The scent itself was pleasant. It reminded me of those violet candies that look like Pez, only bigger. Still, the scent struck me as completely unnecessary and random. Really, why should face powder smell like candy...or flowers...or anything, for that matter? Then I applied it. The puff enclosed was nearly hard, certainly not fluffy as suited to this luxury product. So, I tossed that and used a soft foundation brush. Then came the dust effect. This powder went all over the place in a big "poofy" cloud around the sink. Gag. I guess the name Meteorites is a fairly apt title for this little explosion of powder. Getting past all these downer aspects of the product, I was still excited to see its effects. I have to say that the powder itself looked great!! It had the precise amount of soft sparkly bits to satisfy a conservative glitter girl. In fact, nobody would notice the sparkles, only their soft, light-difflecting effect. So, I had to think about whether the nice result of Les Meteorites justify the high price and all the bothersome obstacles on the trip to attaining such pretty tiny sparkles. Not in my estimation. I returned it. Every time I pass the display, I do go back and look at the sample boxes and apply a bit on my hand. I will probably always think fondly of this little luxury item, but it's not for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Fabiochanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok this is guerlain so i just have to love it!!!!

So i bought this like almot a year ago and used it them on top of my semi-matt foundation of guerlain which i love!! but it didn't do what i wanted it to...so i stopped using it for months.

A few weeks back i rediscoverd it as i also LOVE MAC studio fix powder plus foundation (NW15) i used it over the powder a finishing and i love it!!!!!!! its totaly great it perfects my face brightens,give a nice glow its sooo lovely and i use the pink fresh as a blusher and with both of them on i look fab!

So i'm compleatly happy with it now great powder! can't wait to buy de gold temptation!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd probably buy this again because although it is cardboard, I love the container. The scent sends me to heaven (signature Guerlain candied violets scent). The little coloured, shimmery balls of makeup are fun and in a snobbish way, I love the fact that I am using Guerlain.
However, this product is only so-so.
I was on the fence about Mythic, at first, as I had purchased the compact before I purchased the balls. The compact, I had thought, made me look ashy if I overapplied. It must have been the dry state my skin was at the moment (and I actually thought that the 'highlighter' that was similar in colour by Physician's Formula applied the same. Not true!).
Mythic is a wondrous finishing powder-- its combination of colours flatter the complexion and the very slight shimmer it imparts makes the skin look finished and very radiant. I've never used a product like this!
I also have Pink Fresh, which imparts a lovely pinkish-peachy glow to my skin with a bit of shimmer. However, I find that it looks very similar (just a tad more shimmery) than Benefit's Dandelion. It's just a bit less pigmented. If I really take the time to apply it on my cheeks, I get a nice blush going on. If I apply it all over my face (which I don't recommend to you super pale folks out there), I get a nice, healthy glow.
As others have said, this stuff can be placed in the "completely frivolous" category. Guerlain is one of those brands I reach for when I have a bit of dosh to spend and I usually do so when I have had a totally crap day. I don't know what it is about that subtle candied violet scent that makes me feel better! (Daft, I know...)
The product performs decently enough, I think.
Also, people, if you grind your brush into the balls, they will fly everywhere. All that is needed is a light hand to apply these powders. They are meant to be subtle.
The pouf that comes with it? Don't use that, unless you want a mess! My opinion on it is that it's there to keep the balls from rolling around in the container and making a mess (there will be some loose powder in the bottom of the container, to a degree).
These last a long time, thankfully. I've had mine for a bit and use them daily, and I can see them lasting for a really long time still! That makes purchasing these worth it for me, as I paid 29 a piece for these.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by princess_xueqi

I am a NC25, love the glowy look Meteorites(Mythic) give me but sadly it gave me serious breakouts.. So i can't use it anymore.. Wasted my $84 just like that :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2007 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Bito

after reading all these wonderful reviews about Les meteorites ball powder i wanted to buy it really badly,and although it was very very expensive (43$ i think) i bought it,the reviews posted here are really exaggerating the effect of this powder,you will think it is a magical powder or something that will wipe all your skin problems,and i had such high expectation,so when i tried it i was really disappointed,i didn't notice any difference AT ALL!!,and i lied to myself and thought there must be a difference but i didn't notice,i even asked my sisters and friends if they can see any difference at all,and no body did!!i tried two colors Mythic and Beige Chic,and the two have no effect at all,and now i still have them and i use them every now and then only to finish it.i know this is a long review,but i am really angry that i wasted my money on this and the only reason is these ridiculous rave reviews.Revlon skin light lotion is much much better than this.SO PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND BUY THIS ,and don't listen to these reviews..(To my friends at Makeup Alley please don't exaggerate,PLEASE!!