December 20, 2014 | 865 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG! You know when you have a late night out and have false lashes, layers of mascara and lots of touch ups? Use this, and with no effort, the waterproof makeup and the lip gloss slides off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This cleans really well. I honestly do think it leaves a greasy feel (but it goes away)

I don't wear mascara so I don't know how it works, but it's really gentle with eye makeup. I don't have to rub too hard, which is nice. I suggest using square cotton pads rather than cotton balls because they saturate well with only a bit of product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

Does what it claims to do. I like that it is able to remove waterproof eye makeup in a jiffy and yet remains gentle on the eyes. Great for people with sensitive eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

Best make up remover I've ever tried. So gentle and removes all eye makeup in one swipe! The elegant bottle is also a plus. Would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by poppyplastic

The product itself is very good, but it is overpriced, as with a lot of cosmetics and skincare. That is why I gave it 4/5.

It literally removes eyeshadow instantly, and removes all eyeliners with almost as much ease. Mascaras take a bit more work, but it is the most effective eye makeup removing product I've used; it is much gentler than the rubbing required of face wipes.

It is oil-based - this is generally a good thing because 1) it allows more lubrication and so less damage for delicate eeye skin and 2) oil based products lift makeup much easier than oil-free ones. I usually use the product before washing my face so the residue isn't such an issue; however on nights out where I barely manage to remove my makeup, I be grateful of the moisturisation (I'm assuming the oil isn't bad for eye contour skin, however I am not an expert so cannot reinforce this!).

Overall, I really like this product and would repurchase. I gave the packaging 5/5 because it's probably the only oily product I own that does not leak when I travel! I gave the price 3/5 because, whilst it is expensive, at least you're getting a high quality product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by DieMyDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't wear waterproof eye makeup, so I can't review it for that, but I do wear eye makeup almost all of the time (sometimes very heavy liquid liner and mascara) and this product removes both eyes with zero makeup residue and no burning/stinging.
If you shake the bottle a few times and use a one side textured, one side smooth cotton round pad, use the the textured side then smooth to clean up any details left behind. It's very fast and effective for removing a ton of product!
Maybe I just don't use as much remover as other readers, but i don't ever have oily residue. I leave the edges of my round cotton pad dry so when i wipe it takes it all...maybe it's just technique/applicator that's causing unwanted results?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

for me, this is an HG eye makeup remover. I don't usually take off my makeup in the middle or day or redo makeup looks in a day so I take off my makeup at night. then i wash my face and any oily residue left over is gone. my only gripe is how expensive it is so i live off gwp. lumene came close to this, but it was eh. i may have to try neutrogena's if i run out of my gwps.

i don't use waterproof mascara so I can't speak for how well it works on that, but this removes shadow, primer, liner of all kinds, brow powder, concealers, etc. with minimum effort and does not irritate my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product removes makeup very well, but I strongly dislike the oily feeling it leaves behind - it's impossible to use this for spot-removal of a mistake in the morning, since there is a big oily blot left behind..

A huge positive is that it seems like Clinique often includes this product in their GWP offerings, so I've never had to buy a full size of this since the small size lasts so long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had this for a while, and have teeny bit left. It is amazing! It completely dissolves my makeup. It is expensive, but it works. I pour some on a cotton ball and it gets all my makeup off in minutes. But it doesn't completely remove waterproof mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This works well, and you only need a tiny amount on a cotton bud to take eye makeup off. For me, the con of this product is the oily feel/residue it leaves behind. I got a travel size of this and imagine that this will last me a very long time. I don't think I would repurchase this as I imagine there will be a drugstore equivalent for significantly lower price.