September 2, 2014 | 1389 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

for me, this is an HG eye makeup remover. I don't usually take off my makeup in the middle or day or redo makeup looks in a day so I take off my makeup at night. then i wash my face and any oily residue left over is gone. my only gripe is how expensive it is so i live off gwp. lumene came close to this, but it was eh. i may have to try neutrogena's if i run out of my gwps.

i don't use waterproof mascara so I can't speak for how well it works on that, but this removes shadow, primer, liner of all kinds, brow powder, concealers, etc. with minimum effort and does not irritate my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product removes makeup very well, but I strongly dislike the oily feeling it leaves behind - it's impossible to use this for spot-removal of a mistake in the morning, since there is a big oily blot left behind..

A huge positive is that it seems like Clinique often includes this product in their GWP offerings, so I've never had to buy a full size of this since the small size lasts so long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had this for a while, and have teeny bit left. It is amazing! It completely dissolves my makeup. It is expensive, but it works. I pour some on a cotton ball and it gets all my makeup off in minutes. But it doesn't completely remove waterproof mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This works well, and you only need a tiny amount on a cotton bud to take eye makeup off. For me, the con of this product is the oily feel/residue it leaves behind. I got a travel size of this and imagine that this will last me a very long time. I don't think I would repurchase this as I imagine there will be a drugstore equivalent for significantly lower price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This makeup remover is very effective and a little goes a long way. I've never purchased a full size container but got a generous GWP of this and have had it for... I'd say close to 6 months and I still have some left! For just a sample that is pretty astounding. I don't use this everyday however, probably 3-4 times a week. Still, I'm pretty impressed by that.
Like others have mentioned, though, it is quite greasy and leaves an overly oily film and sheen around your eyes which then has to be removed with a cleanser or toner. I also just dislike the idea of needing to buy a High End makeup removing product. Come on now, even the remover needs to be $20? It's hard to say whether or not I'll purchase this product because of how long a small amount of it has lasted me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by KandEandS

I have been using this for years! and this is the only remover that will actually remove everything and doesnt irritate the skin around the eyes. I use it at the end of the day before washing my face with my facial cleanser. Great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In all honesty you can't pay me to use this. Worst makeup remover I have ever tried. Greasy film. Straigjht oily. Barely removed anything. Good thing I used a friends and didn't buy it myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by PandaNinja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I don't use it to take off my makeup at night, I like using wipes for that. But I use this to correct eye makeup mistakes. I dip a q-tip in and it's so easy. It fixes every mistake so easily without a big mess. I got a mini-bottle in the Sephora 2011 lashstash and I don't probably won't have to buy a big one for a looooong time :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer the Mary Kay product over this, it's less oily and more silky. This product seems to require that you wash it off with soap and water or else you leave a greasy film that can get into your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is another Clinique eye makeup remover which I initially received in a GWP and then went on to purchase in the full size because I like it so much and it is so effective. For me, this is an "end of the day/before bed" product because it leaves behind an oily film that then needs to be washed away with your traditional cleanser so using it for a quick fix or eye makeup change before going out doesn't work that well. But Take the Day Off really lives up to its name - it takes off just about any mascara you care to throw at it, as well as primers, long lasting cream shadows, waterproof liner, long wearing concealer - everything dissolves with this product. It's also good for getting off the "ring" or stains left by long-wearing lipsticks. All in all, a great product that does what it says it will do!