October 22, 2014 | 2014 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lustreglass - Spring Bean

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe I never reviewed this. This is one of my FAVE glosses EVER.

this is green in the tube but it works with the pigment of your lips to give you a honeyed color. it gives a beautiful glazed look with lots of sparkle.
not as sticky as lipglasses as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 3:45:00 AM More reviews by krystennicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on top of my red lipsticks. Makes my reds look fab. Great worn alone too but I save it for my reds mostly. Love the sparkles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this to tone down russian red but i love it on its own, as well. its a very pretty color, just honey like and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 7:29:00 AM More reviews by catherineanne

I received this as part of the Holiday 2006 Dress Collection. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on this. I decided to try it out for myself and see what results I get.

I just have to say that after trying this on, it is amazing! It has this wonderful sweet vanilla scent/aroma and once I put the gloss on my lips turned a Caramel color. So great. I think this will go in my HG glosses!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by DevinGirl83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this. I'm not sure if it was because of the zippy green color or what, but...it left me hanging. I don't have a delicate sense of smell, but this smells awful. Rotten vanilla - ICK! It did look nice on my lips, but it wasn't an effect I don't think I couldn't achieve with a much cheaper & nicer smelling product.

I'm not stunned by this. It's my first MAC product I didn't like. I hope it's the last!
***Update***
12 days later & I find myself always reaching for this. I'm not sure if it's because it's the only Lustreglass I have & I like that. Or if I secretly like Spring Bean. I defninately still hate the smell though. I may have jugdged to harshly. *sigh* If it didn't smell so bad I'd consider buying it again. Maybe I just need to try another color. Who knows? I'll probably buy it again. I think I have Spring Bean MPD!! ARgh! continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by georgieporgie1225

Smells kinda funky, not vanilla-ish more plasticky than the Lipglasses or Plushglasses, but it's a pretty honeyish color. I'm NC 30.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kato_potato

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was in the market for a perfect, shimmery nude lip - I figured Spring Bean wouldn't be exactly what I was looking for, since it's bright green in the tube. However, next to my PPP skin and on my pigmented lips, it showed up as a shimmery caramel with a bit of a yellowy kick to it. Actually very flattering! And I love the shimmer in Lustreglasses - I couldn't stop looking at my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by 16stars

Like most reviewers here, I was pretty turned off by the color. However, since it wasa a gift, i decided to try it out. When I put it on, i realized that it wasnt half bad! It didnt come out green and make my lips look like puke, and i was initially surprised. Its not my favorite, since greens not my favorite color, but its not bad. Maybe Ill buy it again. :]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 6:41:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Huge disappointment. I was really looking forward to this one and it is just a clear gloss on me. Doesn't do anything as far as toning down my lips go. It turns an ever so slight goldish clear on my lips. I'm not very happy with the chunkier shimmer in this since it does just show up pretty much clear.

ETA: I do have pigmented lips BTW and this did not give them the toned down honey colored effect. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2006 12:54:00 PM More reviews by danceituphomie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

green?! yeah, i thought it was pretty weird until i tried it on. for me, it tones down my lips a bit in color but it makes them look more pouty. it looks really pretty. will repurchase.