July 25, 2014 | 1673 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by oliviaanne96

I LOVE THIS BLUSH!!! At first glance it might seem boring or plain but when you put it on it looks amazing. I had no trouble blending this blush because it applied very smoothly to my skin. The color is perfect and looks natural on my very fair skin. I'm not sure if it would show up on darker skin tones but if you have fair skin it's definitely worth a try. It's a little expensive, but considering how much i use it, I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by nicci404

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this cream blush, especially the color! This is my first cream blush and for me it is perfect. I like that it doesn't scream "I am wearing blush!" the color is light but enough to show and you can put more if you would like. It is not sticky or greasy. The color does fade by the end of the day I noticed but not 100%... there is still some left. This should lasts a long time as well. I plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is great because is a cream blush so the color can be build, but I like to use this for shadow base, sometimes i do wear lid primers, but i like cream based like this blush to add definition and bring out my brow bone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just got this in the mail today and washed my face mid day to try this out with a clean face. I am so confused by NARS' descriptions. I also bought 'Madly' by NARS last year and while it looked like such a nice color in the pan on skin it came out looking orangey. The description of Penny Lane is nude pink. But on my skin it appears orangey again! I have light skin and this is a bit too warm on my skin. It looks like a light pink in the pan, and for darker skin it may come out looking light, but on mine it is a tad too dark. sighhh....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been eyeing this blush for some time and focused on powder products instead. I finally tried it and ... it is OK. Looks great at first and tends disappears after a few hours, unless I put GA sheer blush n. 2 on top. As I am very pale (NC15) I look like a ghost without blush. I ended up using it as a base for a powder blush and it works. Penny Lane is not too obvious, it is not shimmery (no Orgasm disco diva effect) and blends very easily. I would not recommend this to gals with medium/dark complexion as it may not show up at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by badgerengr

This stuff is really fantastic. A definite HG for me. It didn't catch my eye at the NARS coutner for many trips because it looked too light, but I finally tried it on and fell in love. It's a really lovely dusty rose color that blends easily and gives the apples of your cheek a nice healthy glow without screaming "I'M WEARING BLUSH!!!" I will repurchase over and over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

After years of using Stila cream blush I came across one of these in a swap and I am close to getting rid of all my Stila cream blushes! That is how much I love this. This is a pinky nude that is very natural. The finish is a sheen, but not as greasy looking at the Stila. Also it lasts relatively long for a cream blush. This is a great blush for when you don't feel like wearing foundation and want something to just perk you up a bit. I highly recommend!! (reference, NW15-20)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

This soft, nude pinky beige isn't my typical blush shade of choice, but I was drawn to it the last time I saw it at Sephora. It just seemed like it would be the perfect shade to wear when in search of that very natural, angelic, innocent flush. On my NC25 skin, it's a little hard to detect, but I like that - I've just grown so accustomed to blushes with a considerable amount more color that this is a nice change. I'm the type of girl who even goes to the gym and the grocery store with a little bit of something, because otherwise I feel like I just look downright scary - and this is the perfect color for that. It's wearing blush without wearing blush. Very pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by mabel2026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been away from NARS blushes for a couple of years because I wanted to try other brands. About a month ago I came back and bought Orgasm and Penny Lane. It's funny because I used to wear Orgasm all the time - it was my favorite daily blush! But I tried it again and for some reason just didn't like the color on me anymore...it seemed too peachy/orangey. But but but...I am in love with Penny Lane! I've been looking for the perfect pinky nude color and this is absolutely IT. I'm a light skinned Asian with yellow/beige undertones and the problem I have with most blushes, regardless of the color is that they end up looking too reddish/orangey on me. Not Penny Lane...it stays the perfect pinky nude color :-) I apply with my fingers and the cream is a perfect texture, not too hard or soft & is buildable so I can have a really sheer wash of color or add more if I'm going out at night. I put a light dusting of powder over it and it does seem to last all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Obsessed, Obsessed obsessed. That's how I feel about this cream blush. I know Penny Lane has been around for years and years, but I've never given it a chance before and I'm delighted I finally picked it up. This lovely pinkish nude color is the perfect flush of color on my NW20 skin. Not too pink, not too brown, not too coral, just right. I'm of the belief that blush should be subtle and soft, not clown-like and overdone and this exactly what I'm looking for. Penny Lane applies easily with my fingers and blends right in. It's sheer and creamy enough to blend easily with your brush of choice as well. NARS packaging is really cute, but hard to keep clean, so I like to keep mine in the cardboard box so it stays in good shape (I know, I'm a freak). Oh yeah, and in a pinch the other night, I used this as a lippie!!! I was unexpectedly without my beloved MAC Creme d'Nude one evening so I swiped some Penny Lane on my lips and topped it off with MAC Young Thing Lipglass and voila, lip perfection! I shall never be without my Penny Lane from here on out!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No