September 2, 2014 | 2084 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ultrabland was excellent in theory. Removing make up with wax. I have very acne-prone skin and am always concerned with getting all the make up off. I would get a dime size on my palm and massage it all over my face, then get a facial wipe dampen with hot water and wipe it off my face. I would proceed to use a cleanser afterwards. Ultrabland does do a great job in removing the toughest waterproof mascara but getting the wax off was not as easy. I noticed that my pores got congested after a few days of usage and I broke out. I can definitely rule out silicones, oils and waxes now for helping my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

My friend gave me a pot of this because he works there and gets tons of free products so I tried it out...

I loved the fact that it actually did it's job, it really does cleanse my skin and take my makeup off.. the only con which I didn't like is that I have to rub it all over my face with my makeup and I just feel icky and yuck.. that's why I didn't buy it again.. I don't like the way I have to take the makeup off with this,, then spray a toner on a cotton pad and clean off.. I don't know... I prefer to wash my face or cleanse with milk rather than rubbing my face..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by kaileylovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is great! I use this after AOBS because my skin is starting to react to Skin Drink. The product comes in two sizes; I got the smallest. For how little you need the smallest size will probably last someone quite a while. I love the smell of this product, a little like honey and beeswax but oh so faintly and naturally. I used Ultrabland on my moist face after cleansing my makeup off and the product was thick but spread easily with the water. It felt coating, a little like a creamy petrolatum but more pleasant and natural! I love the smell of it on my face, it's very gentle. After wiping off with damp cotton wool my face is baby smooth and feels like a dream with no itchiness or irritation. This product reminds me of an ultra natural Pond's cream with no artificial crud. It's absolutely fantastic, I definitely recommend this products even for oily skin. While I have dry skin a friend of mine is going to try the Ultrabland with me because with oily skin you combat it with oil. The reason skin produces excess is because we use drying artificial and harsh ingredients on our skin. I think this would really help anyone with inflamed skin! Buying more tomorrow even and I have only used this once

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by JellyBelly19

Lush is one of my favourite shops and I regularly go into my local one to get bath bombs, face masks etc. I had never tried ultrabland before but asked for a sample one day as I was looking for an oil based cleanser which sounds strange as my skin has turned oily over the last year or so, but I had heard oil with oil works. The sales assistant gave me a sample in one of the tiny black pots, i thought it would last one or two uses. However it actually lasted my 7 days.
To use the product there are different ways, the way I use the cleanser is to take off my makeup. I get a pea sized amount out of the pot with clean hands and warm it in my fingers, then I rub it gently over my face massaging it in in small circles. I also go over my eyelids but I find if you are wearing heavy eye makeup it doesn't get it all off.
I then take 2 cotton pads and use the first one to wipe away the cleanser from my face, and the second one over my eyelids. There is still some residue left over so I spritz some toner onto another cotton pad and wipe my face over. Then all the makeup and dirt is gone.
I must add that I do use a cleanser after this, I basically use ultrabland as an alternative to face wipes which sting my face and don't quite get all the makeup off.

This cleanser is probably great for most skin types, some people will be put off by the texture and smell. It is very greasy/waxy an smells a bit like peanuts... But it is truly great.
It does seem expensive 6.75 for 45g but I have had the pot I bought 4 moths ago and it's still got about a third left, and I use it every night, when you think a pack of 20 face wipes is 2-3 a time it doesn't seem like an expensive purchase.

I find ultrbland to life any spots that are under the skin up to the surface... I used to suffer with awful red lumps on my face that never used to surface and would stay for a week, however this cleanser seems to pull them out of the pores so they aren't red and go away in a matter of days.

Overall this product is fantastic, I will buy it again when I eventually need too. If you do find this product too heavy then I would recommend lush's 9-5 cleanser which works along the same lines but is a lotion so a lot thinner than ultrbland.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Alishasilk

Ultrabland, is an amazing cleanser! I have used it religiously for 3 years It is good for all skin types, I work for lush and am not just saying it because I work there if there is one product that I had to stick with for the rest of my life, it would be this! You can use its a night cream if your skin is extremely dry. Also if you get ache or break out easily use it for a month an it clears your ski up wonderfully. Best way I use it, rub it all over your face use a flannel or muslin cloth (not Cotten pads! Doesn't take anything of, your be there for ages!) rub under quite hirt water and wash of. Amazing!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Laura22smom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I love many lush products, I so dislike this product I felt compelled to write a review after a long hiatus. While I can see that many others find this product helpful, I'm about to throw out an almost full tub. I've tried it 3 or 4 times and each time I wondered if they had put the wrong product in the container. It was so thick, dense, waxy and near impossible to remove I thought it must be some intense ultra moisturizing foot lotion :). Joking aside, before you buy this, I just want you to be aware of what your getting into. If you try it in the store and it seems to be a consistency you enjoy and then there must be some clear benefits (based on the many positive reviews). However, don't just order this without feeling it as I did. Even my 8 year old daughter was put off by how it felt on my face. Just FYI - some face products I do enjoy (for reference purposes only) are bliss foaming face wash and arcona cranberry toner. I lalso love lush celestial moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by yazminejenni

This stuff is amazing, it gets all makeup off, even waterproof, and moisturises perfectly, I also used it to see if it would get rid of hairdye stains on my face (from a dark brown dye which I can never usually get off) and it took it off amazingly, love :D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by sunnyT31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always seem to come back to Ultrabland. It doesn't irritate and cleanses well. Removes all make up, although it is hard work if you wear more than one coat of mascara on your eyes. Works well if you cleanse with a hot cloth, less so if you tissue it off. I've been removing it with cotton wool and then using Neal's Yard rose facial wash to get off the excess afterwards. Doesn't sting if you get it in your eyes but it does render you sort of temporarily blind until you blink it out. Will be trying something else for a while because I've noticed recently that the texture is very grainy compared to how it used to be and I don't find it as pleasant to use. Smells really neutral for a LUSH product and I love that you get a free mask when you collect the packaging and give them five pots back :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by estella2703

yes it removes makeup but olive oil would do the same, too.
this product is a combination of different plant based oils. it is a kind of wax. yes it removes everything but then i have to wash my face 3 times to get it off. i can not consider what would happen if i leave it on my face; my pillow? my hair? they would all be oily the next morning when i wake up. i tried to remove it with a wet cotton pad, but no it did not work, all the cotton stuck on my face. i tried to remove it by just washing my face with water but no again it did not work. so than i have to go to my face cleanser and apply 3 times, to completely remove it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by deer246

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin prone to break out and was v excited at reading the reviews for ultrabland, I must say i was disppointed. It broke me out after the first time i used it, it felt heavy, greasy and clumpy on the skin, even after wiping it off with a damp flannel, I defo wont be using this again!!