LUSH Soft Coeur Massage Bar (The Honeymooner)

4.3

on 2/11/2009 12:50:00 AM

I adore the smell of this massage bar. It's sweet and edible, but not overbearing or cloying. I use it as an overnight moisturizer (rub in prior to bed, and my skin is silky in the morning) and swipe my pulse points during the day for a subtle fragrance. You can pull out the chocolate pieces as they appear for a mess-free application (I did it with a sewing needle, so I didn't destroy the bar). The INCI is:

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Honey (Mel), Cocoa Powder (Theobroma cacao), Perfume, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate,.

$9.95 is a bit expensive for such a small amount, but the scent makes me come back for more every time I run out.

Without a doubt, this is the best massage bar LUSH has. The ONLY caveat is the friggin' 'chocolate' pieces that are embedded in each bar. I'm not sure why LUSH persists in keeping these in - they only serve to messify my sheets and the object of my massage. They do smell amazing, and work like a charm. Just make sure you buy the one with the least amount of chocolate.

on 1/27/2009 4:15:00 PM

This is so moisturizing & smells so good, I just wish it didn't have big chunks of chocolate. My DH gave me a massage with this and he really liked the scent but suggested that I might choose a massage bar that doesn't leave brown streaks, not very sexy. If you're going to buy I suggest you look for a bar with the fewest (or smallest) chocolate chunks.

on 1/21/2009 3:22:00 AM

I LOVE the Soft Coeur Massage Bar from Lush! It's got the perfect Cocoa-buttery scent and it's great just for moisturizing or for massage. My husband LOVES it when I break it out and massage his back using this. Sometimes I'll take the bar and run it across the skin and sometimes I'll rub it in my hands and do the massage that way.

The girls at Lush also taught me that it's a great cramp reliever! The scent gives you the same rush as eating chocolate (but you may want some when you're done!) and if you massage it over your ovaries and uterus, it relieves some of the cramping, too. It's fantastic during "that time" and I try to keep one or two around always.

You don't even need to store these any special way... as long as it's not over 100 degrees in your place, you can leave them in the bag, put them in a dish, place them on a candle tray, or even seal them up in tupperware. Beware if you choose the final route though, your plasticware may end up smelling like the Coeur Bar!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this as a body moisturizer, not for an actual massage. That said it's small, cute, moisturizes well, and smells awesome! The scent is reminds me of buttercream, honey, chocolate, and toffee. Believe it or not, it's not sickly sweet. I'm a gourmand lover, but I know sickly sweet when I smell it, and this isn't it. It's just a pleasant dessert shop scent that I'm hooked on. If you enjoy Honey I Washed the Kids and Ma Bar, then this is worth giving a shot.

The cons: It doesn't last long when used as a body moisturizer, and the price isn't great for the size. I'm unsure how this can be more expensive than the After 8:30 bar but that bar seems much bigger than this one. I'm still going to give it 5 stars as it is one of my staples .

on 12/10/2008 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

The only good thing about it is that it has wonderful smell. On my skin it leaves oil that doesn’t want to soak in the skin for hours, and when it finaly soaks in, my skin feels a bit dried.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This smells sooo good! Costs abit of money, but good for a rare treat.

on 11/18/2008 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my faaavourite massage bar. It smells just like Honey, I Washed the Kids, my favourite soap, so they're often used together. I always have a bar of this and carry it around with me. It makes your skin realy greasy at first, but what I do is leave it shiny for about 10 min and then pat it down with a small towel to matte it out. After this your skin is silky smooth and you can smell your arms all day. When it gets to the chocolate part, I just dap it off... the chocolate actually makes your skin smooth as well.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

on 8/27/2008 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this because I loved the smell. The first time I used it, I loved it. It was a lot greasier than other massage bars I had used from LUSH, but the smell was great and it worked well. I smelled like chocolate when all was said and done!

The second time I used it, though, the smell was different. It was awful, strong and gave me a headache - it was overly sweet and heavy. The oiliness of the product made it terribly hard to wash off in the shower, even with the help of my SO. I'm not sure if it was my skin chemistry combined with the bar or what, but I threw the bar out immediately. The smell followed me around for days. Yuck. I would not buy it again.

on 8/19/2008 8:59:00 AM

For some reason i ventured into Lush - a shop i avoid due to the smell & the hippies it usually contains. For some other reason i bought this - it does smell nice, that could be the reason...anyway it felt lardy/greasy to apply & i didnt enjoy tugging at my skin to "massage" it onto myself. Then....i looked down at my tummy,where i had just "massaged".....it looked like i had smeared poo across my tummy.........i had hit the cocoa chunk in the middle of the massage bar. It looked like i had carried out a dirty protest on myself. Disgusting & not very sexy or sensual. Sorry Lush, 2 lippies for scent, but otherwise this is an expensive way to look like you rub poop on yourself....or your lover.

Top Rated LUSH Products