MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

4.6

on 3/3/2012 2:20:00 PM

I absolutely love this colour. I am NC25 and Girl About Town is a wonderful pop of colour. It makes my pale, but slightly golden skin and blue eyes stand out. This colour also lasts a long time. After eating and drinking it still left a nice stain on my lips. It's amplified as well, so I didn't find it drying. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a bold pop of colour!

on 2/29/2012 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this product about a year ago and I am IN LOVE!!
Girl About Town is my Go To Pink, next to Lickable of course.
I could wear this everyday of the year.
For reference I'm NW45 or 8.0 in matchmaster.

on 2/26/2012 10:08:00 PM

I like this color, I find that fuchsias look much better than reds on me. However...the formula is awful. It is both greasy and drying.

on 2/15/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

MAC NW50/55, N9 lady here. I love pink but was afraid it would look too costumy with my skintone. This lipstick is fabulous. It's a sexy, cute, playful, touch of colour on the lips. I really enjoy it. It doesn't overpower any of looks, and I tend to go neutral with a bit of shimmer most of the time. I enjoy wearing this pink, expecially during for the day.

I love the color even on my pale skin; it's definitely a shade of fushia that even pale girls can pull off with the right eye make up. It does have cool tones, so it is best paired with those who do have cool toned skin, but of course anyone can rock this amazing shade of lipstick.

I do wish that it had a bit more staying power, I mean, don't get me wrong it does stay on for hours, but it will begin to come off rather unevenly over time, until it completely wears off to a nice, light stain which is quite pretty even with a simple swipe of a neutral lipglass.

I would totally buy this again and again! It was a risk I took at one point, and I would completely recommend others to take the plunge!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've never really worn bright lipsticks before, so I don't know what I was thinking when I purchased this! However, I'm in love with it. It's bright, bold, fun, sexy, striking...a gorgeous fuchsia that will work with most skintones. The formula is so creamy and looks great on the lips and it is amazingly pigmented. Glad I took a risk and purchased!

on 1/25/2012 9:37:00 AM

LOVE this stuff. Best fuchsia that doesn't make me look washed out. AMAZING wear time. Does well also as a stain. I played around with it before bed one night and when I woke up my lips still had the fuchsia stain. AWESOME!

on 1/11/2012 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Love GAB beautiful pink with silver shimmer good wearing time really brightens my face and feels light on my lips.
I love rocking this it's bright but not in your face bright.

on 1/10/2012 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My HG pink!! This looks superb against my fair NC 15 skin. I get so many compliments on this color! I wear it on top of MAC fuchsia lip liner, and apply it with MAC's retractable lip brush. Beautiful!

on 1/10/2012 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Rewriting this review a year and a half after the first one - My horizons have broadened and tastes have changed. Great blue fuchsia. Medium bright and definitely bold. Very similar to Nars Funny Face but it's creamy and has no shimmer.

Popular Lipsticks