November 23, 2014 | 980 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by spitfirejo

Like the review below, I was initially excited about this product and how it made my skin look and feel. However, within two weeks that excitement turned to disappointment as my skin broke out worse than ever. This feels great going on but does nothing for moderate acne (or severe). My sister whose acne is not as bad as mine was also disappointed. She saw no changes for better or worse. Her skin just stayed the same with a few nasty pimples popping up every week. Too bad. If you are someone who does not battle with acne than you might like this product since it is packed with AHA/BHA. But I will leave that for other reviewers to determine...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by soapiahh

Well. Long story short, I got this because I wanted an AHA product to compliment the acne.org regimen, and this was all I could find in my local priceline. Expensive!! $25 AU or something for 40mL. Anyway, for about a week, it cleared my skin rapidly- I was using this at night, and benzac 2.5% in the morning, with cetaphil wash and lotion. Things got signifigantly better and I was so happy, thinking I'd found a miracle cure (again), then I broke out on my forhead and inner cheeks (near my nose) in small red zits, which are finally clearing up after ditching this stuff and going back on the acne.org regimen full time. I had the same reaction with the cleanance K soapless gel cleanser- a clear up for a week, absolutley ecstatic, and then BAM breakout. Gahh.

I did give this a 3 lippie rating however, because my chest/back acne was quite bad at the time and it cleared that up very, very well and I haven't had a breakout with continued use on those areas, but when it runs out, I won't repurchase! It also did a semi-decent job of clearing the keratosis pilaris on my back.

People complain about the smell, but I have to admit I kind of like it, now I'm used to it. It is tacky on, so use it at night. Advice? Purchase with caution, don't get too excited about the immediate results and monitor your progress carefully.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by xenobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is FAR from being cosmetically elegant. It is very tacky on my combination skin and was impossible to deal with when sleeping - kept sticking to my pillow. Anyhow, it DOES work, but for the cost and effort, I for one will use BHA and AHA products separately - until I find a product combines the two in a formulation that sinks into the skin. I currently rotate BHA, AHA and retinol on different nights and this regimen works best for me in keeping both acne and fine lines far far away :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this product because my dermatologist told me to, and it actually works great for me! he told me that the less you put on your skin the better! i have very oily skin and some whiteheads on my forehead and chin and, according to him, its because of all the crap i use on my face,but obviously i can't live without my makeup. so i started spending a little bit more money on the products i use and my skin got better. i use YSL foundation with MAC blot powder and MAC blush on top, and the second i get home i wash my face so my skin is able to breathe. i'm also using some medicins my dermatologist recommended. at night i use Peroxiben 10% (with benzoil peroxid), and in the morning i use zineryt (with erythromycin and zinc) and actidox pills.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by t03y03l

Bad for my face....(sorry I don't know why but it purge my acne so bad)

But excellent for my back acne, I have trouble skin on my back too, acne and discoloration because acne spot, since i use it (I use it on my back because it's quite expensive if i just throw it away). My back acne slowly calm down, became smooth and get rid of spot too..... so the 4 lippies is for my back acne ..;P

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by amor19

I must say, this is a big disappointment for me. After reading all the reviews about Avene's acne treatment, I thought this was the right product. I bought the Cleanance Pack (inc. Avene Cleanance Gel Cleanser, Thermal Spray and Cleanance K). I stopped using Cleanance K after 3-4 weeks of using it because it just worsened my acne. My mom and my siblings all asked me what happened to my face because I didn't have a lot of pimples/cysts before using this product. So right now, I'm SO frustrated because I shouldn't have used this product!!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by voicelessadrasteia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I honestly wouldn't consider this as an acne solution/treatment. It says it is for blackheads, and it seems to work wonders for them - but that's just me. For anything else to do with the skin.. it does nothing. I don't see how it could possibly be a moisturizer or an exfoiliator or something. It is slightly watery, and has kind of a smell that you wouldn't want on your face all day, even though it disappears after about five minutes. It doesn't sting my face at all - I honestly don't understand how it could. Overall, it does not do anything for me except help with a slight blackhead problem. Decent product from Avene, but definitely not their best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by cemjay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my 5th week of using this daily (for the first week I used it once a day, at night but for the last 4 weeks it has been morning and night). I do not experience any irritation nor redness, nor does it tingle (unless on a open spot/extracted pore - I can be heavy handed). It has taken this long for me to see any benefits and I know that experts recommend giving skincare at least a month to see a change or difference and this had a lot to contend with I am just impatient really. I was getting a lot of clogged pores (sebum plugs) on my cheekbones, in the hollows of my cheeks and all over my forehead, pus filled spots, red lumpy spots and nothing was working. I had lumps that I couldn't conceal and I was so self conscious I just wanted to wear a bag on my head. TTOTM made things worse and I didn't know where to turn. I came across this after considering a AHA/BHA approach (rather than switch cleanser again).

So far I have fewer new clogs and overall congestion is significantly reduced. Any clogs I have now are easier to extract and fewer new ones are appearing so far. My red lumpy headless spots are gone, they have been reduced and removed and no new ones are appearing at all. My overall skin tone is clearer and smoother and looks so much fresher. The worst congested area under my cheekbone looks so much better I hardly need any concealer (just for some scars). I cleanse with Liz Earle, tone with Lush and apply this on dry skin morning and night. In the morning I follow with Dr haushcka Moisturising Day Cream morRose Day Cream Light or Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser and if I am going out then I use Spf 30 instead. I hope I continue to experience improvements and I look forward to the day when I can put aside my extractor tool and using a pore mask is a novelty not a daily occurance.

I would say this is preventative not curative, give it time, be patient and do not expect it to heal existing spots. You may experience some purging at first and my skin did get worse within the 1st week as the layers were being exfoliated by the AHA/BHA and the gunk was coming out. If you can stick with it, I hope you get the same levels of improvements I am experiencing.

If you fill in Avene's customer questionnaire to find your products for you skin type they will send out a couple of complimentary 5ml samples - I got the Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser and Cleanance K so I recommend this if you don't wish to buy the full size straight off.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself here. I bought this a month ago when looking for anything that would help with a persistent breakout that Differin and then my all-time favorite acne treatment MUAC's BHA serum couldn't entirely clear up. It's one of the worst breakouts I've ever had. I faintly remembered that this had both salicylic acid and glycolic acid in it -- when I actually went to buy this I saw that it also has lactic acid. Anyway, this stuff is AWESOME. Seriously. There isn't a day that I wake up after putting this on and don't see my blemishes visibly flattened. It's a very unique texture, not liquidy, not gelly, not creamy, and yes it does have a strong fragrance which I don't love but wouldn't throw this product away over. It can sting when you put it on, but it subsides after a little while. I thought with all the Avene thermal spring water in it it would be more moisutirizing, but it's not moisutirizing in the least. You need to use some sort of lotion over this if you have dry skin. But as an acne treatment I seriously cannot praise this stuff enough -- I'm finally back on the road to having a normal-looking face. I had a boss come from overseas and see me and he said I looked really good and happy and touched his face when he said it (yes, I know I usually look like a pizza, thanks D:), and someone else actually commented on how great my skin was looking (NO ONE EVER DOES THIS because I NEVER have good skin by any standards). I've stopped using Differin completely and spot treat with the BHA every 2 days or so, so I know this stuff is what's been making such a huge difference. This is.. dare I say it..? HG material for me. I do get flakies, but I wipe them off with a face cloth when I notice them. The small things (flakies, the smell, no moisutirizing properties to speak of) are not nearly enough for me to not love this product. Give it a try, every other day to begin with, if you're looking for something truly effective for acne.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by elizium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite cream. I have been using it for 6 years. It makes my skin perfect (clean and smooth). Unlike many other creams (vichy or clinique) Cleanance K is suitable for VERY sensitive skin and does not make my skin dry. Best product and great price!