April 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

definitely the best cotton pad I've ever used! It's so soft and gentle on the skin, plus it doesnt suck out all the product like some other product! Definitely a must-buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by LucyFaye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I remember the first time I bought these...I was just trying to reach the spending requirement for a gift with purchase. Well, I’ve been using them ever since and it must have been at least four years. They’re $8 CAD but they don’t even seem like a splurge to me because they’re so much better than anything else around. I use less product with these and they’re so gentle on my skin. Totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

The best cotton pads, ever. You really get what you pay for. They are so soft and hold their shape so well. They also never have that one tiny, tiny spot that is rough or scratchy (for those who have tried the cheaper ones, you know what I mean). One of Shiseido's best products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have very sensitive skin (rosacea, dermatitis) that even flames with tap water, and these cotton pads are the softest, least irritating that I've found. For me, the regular "no name" cotton balls/pads are horrendous--they tend to have hard little specks of things still in them--very irritating. A step up is the Swisspers brand. They tend to be softer, and the quilted Swisspers cottonpad is quite decent for removing difficult makeup and sunscreen. However, for days that you just need soft and not irritating, the Shiseido cotton is it--they are not quilted and are softer with less "drag" on your skin.

Also good: if I just want to leave something on my face for awhile--such as chamomile tea to calm it--I can soak a Shiseido pad in it and apply to my face--the pad is so thin and light it will lie on my face without falling off quickly as long as I'm not moving around.

Cons: The downside to not being quilted: these pads DO tend to "squash up" and they are thin. I need to use more to cleanse my face than with other products.

Summary: These pads are great for very specific purposes; but they are not "heavy duty" cleansing pads. If you don't need the softness and lack of drag, a different product might be better for you. For me, they're lifesavers and well worth the $$.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by CrystalCherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After I started to use this cotton pads, I can never switch to anything else. It is so soft and nice and feels amazing on your skin. I have really sensitive eye area, when I use drugstore cottom pads to remove eye makup, my eyes gets red and painful. But I never had this problem with the shiseido cottom pads. It is definitely a great pick, especially for people who have sensitive skin like me. However, it is pretty pricy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by riverwalk888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will never use anything else again, this stuff is divine. Like the reviewers already said, it's not really so expensive when you find out how far it goes and how much product it spares. I got tired of the drug store cotton pads disintegrating in use. These pads make me feel like a star. I hardly had to use any product and they can be cut smaller or flipped around to use more areas. They are luxury. I don't think they will end up being more expensive in the long run. I just returned some cheap ones to Walgreens because they literally disintegrated in my hand before I even got to my face with it with lotion on it. (Some organic brand). I tried Kroger brand squares yesterday, cheaper than ever. These S. squares are a luxury I will make sure I never have to do without. I love them. I hardly used a drop or two of liquid on them instead of a capful. Fantastic. They are bigger rectangles than you get at the drug store, too. They almost feel like felt and are as thick, and so very soft, soft and thick and larger. Divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by squishysushi

You may ask $9.50 for cotton pads?! What in the world...? Well, in Shiseido's case, it's totally worth it. It's 100% pure cotton and very soft. Plus one pack comes with a 100 sheets. I cut half of it into halves and the other half into fourths and it lasts me practically through the entire year. Definitely owns buying cheap drugstore cotton pads that are not much cheaper. The only complaint I have is the packaging. I haven't quite figured out a good way to store this stuff since it's such a big pack.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by mishkee

It's cotton. How can it be so great?... Well it is! You will use so much less product with these squares I am just shocked. I had only heard raves about this at my work ( I work at a makeup counter) and I took samples and was amazed. I used half a square to remove ALL my eye makeup. and trust me I wear a lot! definitely worth buying I love them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Ahhh! this is so good. So soft and feels like sweet jesus on my face. It's expensive but I just can't say no to this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by itstihu

My roommate showed me this. I was a little skeptical but I took her word for it. And i got to say, it was......wonderful. It feels like soft clouds on your skin when you're removing the makeup. Very soft!!!! It's not abrasive and it does not hurt your skin. It's good for cleaning your eye makeup too, if anyone is concerned. It's THAT soft. Anyway, it's about...$9 at sephora I think... I got it for 7.50 cause sephora has a 15% off sale! I love itttt, I use it for everything. And I've been using it sooo often (i find any reason to use it) and i haven't even used up one block of it yet. :) Buy again, forsure!