MAC Blankety

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 5/24/2011 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

ehhh its ok but not great this was my first mac lipstick and i cant wear it alone i need a gloss over it :/

on 5/22/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This such a bad color. At least on me.I use nude colors sometimes but this one just washes you out. really a bad color

I really liked this at first, however, the more I wore it, less I began to like it. It makes my lips look slightly "muddy" and I feel like the texture of the lipstick is way too heavy for me. It feels like I am literally slapping clay onto my lips, and that's kind of what it looks like. It is okay with a lipgloss over it, but I dislike it alone. I feel like the colour is a little off on me, and it doesnt look as good on me as it does on other people. I would NOT repurchase.

on 5/14/2011 11:28:00 PM

I love those pamela anderson nude lips with the slight brown tones. This is what blankety is on me! its sexy as hell. im nw20 with slightly pigmented lips & blankety is pretty opaque on me. i like this way better than myth i will buy this again

on 5/1/2011 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

LOVE this with Spirited Lipglass...it creates the look I've been searching for...nude but glowing!

on 4/10/2011 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like to wear this when I wear dramatic eye make up and fake eyelashes . This color is great to cover up pink lips and make them really nude. Great for a night out ! As seen in my pic I uploaded

Meh. I'd heard such great things about this, and loved it in the store, but on me it just looks kind of... gray? Claylike? Not very flattering (I'm an NW20). I also found the formula super drying, so add some nice dry lips into the mix. My lips looked pretty rubbish after using this! I did find a decent l/g from L'Oreal called Rich Pink which is very similar but somehow much more flattering and easy to use (not to mention cheaper - on sale!), so I'll stick to that.

on 3/30/2011 3:12:00 AM

After reading the good reviews of this product, I was so tempting to try this. I really wanted to like this color. When I swatched it on my hand, its a pretty pink color. But when I apply it on my lips, it looks like a grey pink mauve color. It makes my face looking pale and like a sick person. It just didn't look good on me and the formula is very drying too. Will not re-purchase this.

Edited: -
I found a way to apply Blankety i.e. apply The Bodyshop Cocoa Butter lipbalm (my new found HG lipbalm) on my lips before applying Blankety. It looks much better now and I no longer look like a sick person :) I've no idea why the lipbalm plays such an important role but it really does and has changed my entire view about Blankety.

Blankety is my eternal go-to for pairing with a super smoky eye for evening. A little nude liner underneath and that's it - no gloss on top. The perfect not-at-all pink nude for my NW20 complexion.

on 3/21/2011 6:13:00 PM

I purchased this as it looked similar to The Faerie Glen, but is not in the least. It is more of a beige nude than pink nude on my lips, which is good, as it has no peach or warm undertones. This works well when patted on, rather than swiped on. I love topping this with Korres Jasmine Lipbutter, or even Plum lipbutter. Both give me nice shades that compliment my NC20-25 skintone.

Recommended for Medium Skin