November 28, 2014 | 1810 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's what i wanted lavender whip to be. I love it. Nc45 for referrence .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous, blue based pink. Love this with winged eyeliner for a night out on the town.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by alexa94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like I like! Though darker than I thought it would be. From photos it simply looked purple but on my lips it's dark purple. I also thought it would be more pigmented that it actually is. However it's still quite purpley, almost a 'safe' purple in my book! It isn't over the top - unless you go swipe mad of course! ;-) It has a creamy consistency and it's not drying at all. Actually, after wiping it off my lips they felt very moisturised. One thing, it does make your teeth look slightly on the yellowy side. Dayyyym, I hate that about certain lip colours! Anyhow, I think this would look great on all skin colours, especially the paler types and people with brown eyes. Hope this helps someone! :-)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by PrincessZaineb

This lipstick must be one of my absolute all-time favourites, I LOVE IT!! Its texture is light, not too creamy and doesnt sneak out your lips, creating that horrid feathered look. The colour is great, mysterious and can be worn with little makeup for a simple-yet-look-at-me finish or a deep dramatic one with smoky or cat eyes.

Enjoy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Cb0205

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipstick. Amplified is my favorite finish and I find it so easy to wear. Creamy and bright but doesn't dry out your lips. Up The Amp is a very magenta purple. I really wanted something more lavender and pastel, but ended up with this. It looks quite dark on me because I'm so pale. I've got to be careful I dont look to gothy with this one! I'm NC20. Love to wear this lightly buffed on to my cheeks with a 190 brush too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by QueenSharon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A Must Have for those of us who love a BOLD lip. The name says it all.
I am an NW45 and this was recommended to me by one of the Mac MUA and she said to use magenta lip pencil first then current lip pencil and fill in with Up The Amp. All I can say is WOW!!! I was receiving compliments from strangers before I could leave the store. I would describe this as an Industrial-Strength Lavender.
If you are looking for that special POP for your lips, I suggest Up the Amp. But Beware, this color is very intense, not for the faint of heart.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by merekat703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this color! Its the perfect purple on me, not in your face and not dull. Very creamy and smooth. I would buy it again. MAC lipstick is the best there is!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I bought Revlon Berry Haute first. I liked it and everyone said it was a dupe for Up The Amp. It's not. I went to MAC to buy something else and saw Up The Amp in person. I bought it immediately. When I got home I swatched them both and Up The Amp is more intense. Not to mention it feels better on the lip. I had to darken it up with some random puple liner I have and it came out perfect. I didn't need gloss or anything over it.
UPDATE: Okay. I used Nightmoth liner and Revlon Lilac Pastelle and it was hotttttt!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this was going to be an amped-up version of faux - still in the vibrant blue-pink family, just with more purple undertones. Up the Amp, however, is straight up purple. Like bright, glowing, radioactive purple. I was horrified when I first put in on my lips and promptly packed it back up to return, but then I decided to give it another chance by mixing it with other products. Since I have yet to find a use for my VG Gaga II (much too pale for my NW15 skin) I put on a coat of that, lightly blotted, and then swiped on Up the Amp. Lovely! It's the color I thought I was getting - a bright, milky pink lavender. So while I'm not a fan of lipsticks that don't work for me right out of the tube, I'm keeping it after all, if only because now I have a purpose for my Gaga II!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by beachydolphin

This lipstick has a great soft, creamy texture. Really comfortable to wear. I would not purchase this color again as its too purple for me. I would however buy the brand, just in a different color.