November 28, 2014 | 873 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

I bought LUSH's Cosmetic Warrior after questioning the salesperson on what face mask she would recommend for acne breakouts. In truth, I wasn't going into the store specifically for this product as I have done my research the day earlier for face masks, but somewhere in her tone of voice, the product sounded good, so I got it. The first time I used Cosmetic Warrior I emptied it out well and it helped fade my impurities. The second purchase I've made, it did nothing. Tell me why I should use this product when the effects varies so often? I would like to own consistent products! Must've ran out of ingredients or bad portioning or something with the one made by the second person. Too inconsistent with the effects! I actually broke out with #2 but have healed ever since I quit it. Not a miracle worker or recommended for people with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I loveee this product. Cosmetic Warrior was my first Lush mask and my favorite of the bunch. I was warned before buying that this had an offensive odor, which I can understand but it is not unbearable. It smells lightly of garlic and onions. Being Italian, my house usually smells like that anyways, so I am not bothered by it :) Plus, if something helps my skin, I don't care if it stinks - I'll use it! This is the first mask I've ever used that I was able to see instant results. I used this first in the summer when I was vacationing in D.C. in the middle of August. One word. HUMID. My skin was an instant disaster, and I was going to a concert that night. I ran back from the Georgetown Lush to my hotel and applied this right away. It took away impurities which reduced all my acne to almost nothing. My skin looked awesome for the concert! I've bought this two times since. I also use this as a spot treatment and it works great. My only gripe is that it lasts only a few weeks due to the fresh ingredients. The closest Lush is about 45 minutes away, so it's not something I'm able to use frequently. If you can withstand the light odor of onions and garlic, definitely but this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mask! The smell is garlic/tea tree-ish as the rater below me stated, however it is tolerable and doesnt bother me. It is about $4-5 CAD. This is my one of two faves out of their line of masks and love the fact they are fresh and organic. Because the shelf life only lasts 2 weeks, I only repurchase every two months when I need a pick me up! It leaves my skin feeling clean, reduces redness and noticeably clearer.

Note: Be sure to tighten your lips together when washing though, the taste is not pleasant!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Sashimi12

ok, everyone is saying that this smells gross, but it really is not that bad. it smells like tea tree/ garlic. Anyways, my skin is super clear, after using this everyday. this is the best face mask i have ever used. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

Oh my gosh...EW. I bought this to try something new when they were out of my favorite, Catastrophe Cosmetic, and oh my word I almost threw up right in my bathroom! The smell is definitely wet dog combined with musty wet sweaty gym socks and mildew. I gag even looking at the tube. I made it through 20 minutes, but not before catching a severe case of nausea! I can't really tell if it did anything for my skin, since I haven't been able to work up the desire to use it again. The smell is just an absolute atrocity.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by stripteased

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mask. It's made my chronic acne so much better, even to the point where my husband notices. It never fully dries so you have go time it (I leave it on for 10 minutes), but once I rinse it my skin is soothed and the redness of the acne decreased. Yes, it doesn't smell pleasant. Maybe it's because I'm a nurse and smell worse things every day, but I don't get how people are feeling nauseated from the smell. My pots have all smelled like tea tree oil, which is fine by me. And since it expires, I'm more likely to use it up rather than leave it to sit in my cupboards for months.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by tlw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so it stinks, real bad. I just put cotton balls in my nose because I love this mask. I really liked Cupcake but it was too drying and my face always peeled from it. This mask is creamy and leaves my skin so smooth and real clean. I do have acne butI have been real clear lately. Cosmetic Warrior, Love Lettuce, and Cosmetic Catastrophe are the masks that I use weekly and it is a great routine for my skin. I don't love all of Lush's products but these have become HG for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smells horrible...like wet dog.
LUSH has better masks for sure. This gave me a couple of new zits on my face and dried my skin out a bit. But the smell...couldn't stand it for more than 10 minutes!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by metsgirlx57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product stinks. No, literally, I mean it sincerely stinks. It reeks of mildew and sweaty, nasty gym socks. I love garlic and all the other ingredients, but apparently when mixed up together they make a horrific scent.

That said, this product works great for me! I really love the fresh, glowing results. I'll just have to suck it up and deal with the smell, because I really do love this so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by mmmaggie

PROS: relatively cheep product to try (paid about $8 for a small sized container), this would be a pro if it worked...

CONS: smells horrible, chunky and uneven in application, failed to get rid of my post adolescent acne

BOTTOM LINE: Apparently this will either work or fail to work depending on skin types. I am acne prone, with average to oily skin, in my twenties and on the verge of a nervous breakdown (when will I find a product that works!?!?! gah!) and it didn't help my skin.