August 23, 2014 | 1750 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by stripteased

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mask. It's made my chronic acne so much better, even to the point where my husband notices. It never fully dries so you have go time it (I leave it on for 10 minutes), but once I rinse it my skin is soothed and the redness of the acne decreased. Yes, it doesn't smell pleasant. Maybe it's because I'm a nurse and smell worse things every day, but I don't get how people are feeling nauseated from the smell. My pots have all smelled like tea tree oil, which is fine by me. And since it expires, I'm more likely to use it up rather than leave it to sit in my cupboards for months.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by tlw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so it stinks, real bad. I just put cotton balls in my nose because I love this mask. I really liked Cupcake but it was too drying and my face always peeled from it. This mask is creamy and leaves my skin so smooth and real clean. I do have acne butI have been real clear lately. Cosmetic Warrior, Love Lettuce, and Cosmetic Catastrophe are the masks that I use weekly and it is a great routine for my skin. I don't love all of Lush's products but these have become HG for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smells horrible...like wet dog.
LUSH has better masks for sure. This gave me a couple of new zits on my face and dried my skin out a bit. But the smell...couldn't stand it for more than 10 minutes!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by metsgirlx57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product stinks. No, literally, I mean it sincerely stinks. It reeks of mildew and sweaty, nasty gym socks. I love garlic and all the other ingredients, but apparently when mixed up together they make a horrific scent.

That said, this product works great for me! I really love the fresh, glowing results. I'll just have to suck it up and deal with the smell, because I really do love this so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by mmmaggie

PROS: relatively cheep product to try (paid about $8 for a small sized container), this would be a pro if it worked...

CONS: smells horrible, chunky and uneven in application, failed to get rid of my post adolescent acne

BOTTOM LINE: Apparently this will either work or fail to work depending on skin types. I am acne prone, with average to oily skin, in my twenties and on the verge of a nervous breakdown (when will I find a product that works!?!?! gah!) and it didn't help my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by dangereux

I love this mask. It's not the best smelling thing in the world, but BOY does it work hard. My face feels amazing afterwards, and the smell doesn't linger. Start with a toner tab steam on your face, do the mask, and then wash it off with the water from the tab, and you will be addicted. It brings all my pimples to the surface so I can pop and treat them (instead of my pimples hanging out under the surface for weeks with intense pressure and redness), and helps out my blackheads. It doesn't remove them completely, but it makes them less noticeable. It also helps balance my skin for a few days afterwards. And fresh ingredients!! It is so worth the buy. I did mark it down in the rating for the smell and the fact that it's not vegan, but I still love it. If it was vegan I'd buy it every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favourite mask. I get occasional acne around the sides of my mouth and sometimes on my chin (hormonal/diet related), and this mask is one of the few products that seems to make much difference to it. It really seems to shrink pimples that are there and to prevent new ones.

I love that it has honey in it. I really like clay masks, but with a lot of them after you've had them on for like 10 minutes suddenly your skin feels like it's going to be sucked off your face! You don't get that with cosmetic warrior.

It is a bit of a pain that it has a use-by date of around 2 weeks from when you purchase it - I find I need to use it around every 3 days just to get through it all. But I've never had any bad effects from using it so frequently.

The smell takes a bit of getting used to - it's not that nice, but also it's not that bad or that strong. For some reason it reminds me of taking my dog to the vet. It smells like a vet. Not like animals, but like the products vets use. Weird I know, but that's what it reminds me of!

Definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by yogurtmonster

I must say I had doubts when I bought this mask because I've used tea tree products before and they tend to leave my skin a bit sore and dry...But I decided to give it a go as I was getting hopeless with the 4 big, red acne on my face (and i thought, if this is gonna leave my skin sore, i can deal with it cuz I've been there and I'm kinda used to it anyway)...

Here's a description of my skin b4 we go any further...It's very sensitive, combination (sometimes more to the oily side and sometimes more to the dry, depending on my diet, the weather & etc). I've been getting pimples/acnes on & off for over 6 years, and if I do get them, they tend to be red and big and would not disappear till at least 2 months later...oh & they'll always leave scars...

Now, when I used this mask for the 1st time, i nearly threw up because of the smell (when i say "nearly", i mean REALLY CLOSE)...Although many say it's the scent of garlic, to me it's not; it smells more like lots of raw eggs (which i absolutely detest) mixed with tea tree oil and honey - well, virtually it is...
I managed to contain myself and left the mask on for 5-10 mins. I then washed it off with warm water. My skin felt clean & fresh, & HYDRATED as well (must be the honey). I noticed that my acnes had calmed down a bit - they were not as red and sore as b4!! I even noticed that the blackheads on my nose were drawn up to the surface & I could easily remove them using an extractor...
I used the mask again the following night (it's not good for skin, i know, don't do this unless you have something important coming up and you desperately wanna look beautiful)...Again, redness reduced significantly and 2 smaller acnes in fact flatted out (I mean, they were GONE! still a little bit red but no bumps inside anymore)..

After that I started using this mask once in 2-3 days (so abt 3-4 times a week). All of my acnes are completely gone now (after 1.5 weeks) which I think is amazing considering how long it used to take to clear up without this mask... What I think is also great is that it really calms skin so it isn't as sore (if any at all) as b4 when i apply moisturizer/sleep/out in the sun etc...

As for the price, i did feel it was a bit expensive when I paid for it, AU$15.95. BUT, I was able to make 7-8 treatments out of this little pot, so when divided down it's about AU$2/treatment which is quite normal - and considering the great result, it's definitely worth it!

I definitely recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the Holy Grail facial mask for me.
I have oily skin with occassional dry patches that turn up now at then.
The first time I used this I went into Lush and I had really bad skin at that point and the SA recommended this. In just a few days I could see my skin clearing up.
The next time I had a really, really bad breakout I got a lot of scarring so I decided to try Brazened Honey. Saw a slight improvement - finished the tub but decided bought Cosmetic Warrior again. And yet again in a few days my skin started clearing up =].
If you have oily skin just give this a go - you never know it might also become your Holy Grail item.
The smell doesn't bother me at all I love it - if you have oily skin and even if the smell puts you off just try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Kayin26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, this mask smells of garlic, tea tree oil, etc. I love garlic in my food but this mask smells odd, pretty disgusting actually. It has a chunky texture with pieces of garlic and other things in it. The smell and the texture aside, this mask works amazing for my acne ridden, oily, but sensitive skin! It helps to clear up my breakouts & makes my skin less oily for a few days. I've tried the Cupcake Mask, which smells and has the texture of lightly minty brownie batter & the Mask of Magnaminty, which is minty and kind of chunky. Those masks both smell better than this one but they don't do much for my skin. Even though it has a weird smell & texture, I'd highly recommend this mask for those with oily, acne prone skin! It works!