October 20, 2014 | 1195 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mask! The smell is garlic/tea tree-ish as the rater below me stated, however it is tolerable and doesnt bother me. It is about $4-5 CAD. This is my one of two faves out of their line of masks and love the fact they are fresh and organic. Because the shelf life only lasts 2 weeks, I only repurchase every two months when I need a pick me up! It leaves my skin feeling clean, reduces redness and noticeably clearer.

Note: Be sure to tighten your lips together when washing though, the taste is not pleasant!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Sashimi12

ok, everyone is saying that this smells gross, but it really is not that bad. it smells like tea tree/ garlic. Anyways, my skin is super clear, after using this everyday. this is the best face mask i have ever used. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

Oh my gosh...EW. I bought this to try something new when they were out of my favorite, Catastrophe Cosmetic, and oh my word I almost threw up right in my bathroom! The smell is definitely wet dog combined with musty wet sweaty gym socks and mildew. I gag even looking at the tube. I made it through 20 minutes, but not before catching a severe case of nausea! I can't really tell if it did anything for my skin, since I haven't been able to work up the desire to use it again. The smell is just an absolute atrocity.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by stripteased

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mask. It's made my chronic acne so much better, even to the point where my husband notices. It never fully dries so you have go time it (I leave it on for 10 minutes), but once I rinse it my skin is soothed and the redness of the acne decreased. Yes, it doesn't smell pleasant. Maybe it's because I'm a nurse and smell worse things every day, but I don't get how people are feeling nauseated from the smell. My pots have all smelled like tea tree oil, which is fine by me. And since it expires, I'm more likely to use it up rather than leave it to sit in my cupboards for months.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by tlw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so it stinks, real bad. I just put cotton balls in my nose because I love this mask. I really liked Cupcake but it was too drying and my face always peeled from it. This mask is creamy and leaves my skin so smooth and real clean. I do have acne butI have been real clear lately. Cosmetic Warrior, Love Lettuce, and Cosmetic Catastrophe are the masks that I use weekly and it is a great routine for my skin. I don't love all of Lush's products but these have become HG for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smells horrible...like wet dog.
LUSH has better masks for sure. This gave me a couple of new zits on my face and dried my skin out a bit. But the smell...couldn't stand it for more than 10 minutes!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by metsgirlx57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product stinks. No, literally, I mean it sincerely stinks. It reeks of mildew and sweaty, nasty gym socks. I love garlic and all the other ingredients, but apparently when mixed up together they make a horrific scent.

That said, this product works great for me! I really love the fresh, glowing results. I'll just have to suck it up and deal with the smell, because I really do love this so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by mmmaggie

PROS: relatively cheep product to try (paid about $8 for a small sized container), this would be a pro if it worked...

CONS: smells horrible, chunky and uneven in application, failed to get rid of my post adolescent acne

BOTTOM LINE: Apparently this will either work or fail to work depending on skin types. I am acne prone, with average to oily skin, in my twenties and on the verge of a nervous breakdown (when will I find a product that works!?!?! gah!) and it didn't help my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by dangereux

I love this mask. It's not the best smelling thing in the world, but BOY does it work hard. My face feels amazing afterwards, and the smell doesn't linger. Start with a toner tab steam on your face, do the mask, and then wash it off with the water from the tab, and you will be addicted. It brings all my pimples to the surface so I can pop and treat them (instead of my pimples hanging out under the surface for weeks with intense pressure and redness), and helps out my blackheads. It doesn't remove them completely, but it makes them less noticeable. It also helps balance my skin for a few days afterwards. And fresh ingredients!! It is so worth the buy. I did mark it down in the rating for the smell and the fact that it's not vegan, but I still love it. If it was vegan I'd buy it every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favourite mask. I get occasional acne around the sides of my mouth and sometimes on my chin (hormonal/diet related), and this mask is one of the few products that seems to make much difference to it. It really seems to shrink pimples that are there and to prevent new ones.

I love that it has honey in it. I really like clay masks, but with a lot of them after you've had them on for like 10 minutes suddenly your skin feels like it's going to be sucked off your face! You don't get that with cosmetic warrior.

It is a bit of a pain that it has a use-by date of around 2 weeks from when you purchase it - I find I need to use it around every 3 days just to get through it all. But I've never had any bad effects from using it so frequently.

The smell takes a bit of getting used to - it's not that nice, but also it's not that bad or that strong. For some reason it reminds me of taking my dog to the vet. It smells like a vet. Not like animals, but like the products vets use. Weird I know, but that's what it reminds me of!

Definitely recommend this.