September 2, 2014 | 1977 users online

Treatments (Face) - Honey

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by scrowell

Last night for the first time I went out and bought a small jar of raw honey at Whole foods for about $11.35, and some organic Turmeric powder. I cleansed my face and mixed a tblsp of honey, and a *pinch* of Turmeric, mixed together and applied to my face, I let it sit for about 40 mins and rinsed off. After, I used my normal fresh squeezed lemon juice w/ a splash of water as a toner. WOW! GIRLS AND BOYS TAKE NOTE! My skin literally feels and looks better then it ever has. I am now 20 years old and used to suffer with acne, and now getting over it. This is amazing. Stop using harsh chemical products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by saure

Honey. Yes, honey. I simply juust apply honey to my face as a cleanser and it works perfectly. At night, I leave it on for 2 hours then I massage my face and rinse it off with warm water then rub an ice cube all over my face to tighten and close my pores. The first few times honey might not make a difference to your skin, but if you begin to apply it every day then your skin will just brighten up and look sooo healthy. It doesn't really help my acne go away, but it does help prevent new ones from popping up. Anyways, honey is a godsend! Thank the lord for bees!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by denns

I have currently re-vamped my skin care routine to only include the following three items: raw honey, coconut oil, and baking soda.

I use coconut oil in the morning as a moisturizer, in the evening as a make-up remover (works like a dream for even the stubborn-est of eye makeup), followed by my raw honey as a cleanser, and more coconut oil as a moisturizer. I'll use the baking soda 1-2x a week over the honey when I'm ready to wash off as an exfoliant.

Let's get to the star of the show: RAW HONEY! This stuff has completely transformed my skin, and I no longer need to worry about bad breakouts around my time of the month - or anytime for that matter! After I take my makeup off, I rub about 2-3 tablespoons into my face and down my neck (I get bad hormonal breakouts around my jawline), and I'll leave it on while I brush my teeth. After about 5 minutes (sometimes less if I'm lazy) I'll wash it off (rubbing a little baking soda on there if I need to exfoliate). The honey comes off surprising easily, doesn't leave a sticky mess whatsoever, and leaves my face feeling baby soft.

Honey is apparently an anti-bacterial, and I suppose that's what's killing all of my nasty pimple bacteria on the reg'. I highly recommend this to anyone suffering with any hormonal acne (don't know about cystic because I've never dealt with it), but I'm sure everyone can benefit from it! I use a 100% Raw Norcal Honey purchased at Costco in Northern California. If you can, buy honey that's made locally because it can help with seasonal allergies. Awesome stuff!

When followed by organic raw coconut oil as my nightly moisturizer, my skin has never been softer and more even toned. The honey also seems to be "pushing" a lot of the sebum/buildup up to the surface of my pores, making it easier to get out - I really want to go get a extraction from a dermatologist (or maybe a few of them) to see if this helps with my blackheads. It's worth a try!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its truely a miracle. I add it to yogurt/mayo/egg as a natural hair mask for my naturally dry hair. It has transformed my hair completely. My hair has gone from from very dry to dry-normal with its regular use. I also use it as my face mask for couple of min(I have oily skin so cant leave it longer) and it adds a glow to my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by smileitscontagious

This works on absolutely everything! Acne, dry skin, cuts, burns, cold sores, you name it. It's a natural antiseptic AND moisturizer which is fantastic because a lot of products out on the market are usually only antiseptic or moisturizing, but are rarely both at the same time. I recently used this on a cold sore I had as a last alternative after I'd used absolutely EVERYTHING -- neosporin, abreva, carmex, etc. This immediately cleared up what I thought was skin, but was actually an infection (ew). It also moisturized so I could actually smile and laugh without the cold sore cracking and bleeding everywhere. I also love mixing this with oatmeal and using it as a mask. Immediately after washing it off my skin feels soft and looks smooth and the next morning I notice my breakouts are noticeably reduced. Ahhhh honey <3

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by VioletAutumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

i use honey when i run out of spot treatment, it reduces the redness of my pimples and it seems to make the pimples smaller.. but i only apply it a couple of times then i just let it dry out on its own.. the problem is that honey where i live right now is really expensive.. but when i do buy honey i don't just eat it put i use it for other things, like moisturizer or in a face mask or like i said a spot treatment or lip treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by edenholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I looove honey! It is my ultimate, all-time favourite face product. It always leaves my skin super soft and glowing and calms the redness of pimples. It also clears up my skin fabulously.

For whatever reason my facial skin was really dry, raw and red today (winter incoming!). Cleansing and moisturising stung like buggery and my skin felt awful in general. I applied a honey mask tonight which did itch somewhat, but I think that's because the honey had crystallised and so scratched my face a bit (normally I LOVE this for its exfoliating properties). After half an hour though I washed it off and my skin feels calmed, moisturised and has regained a bit of a glow.

In my mind, nothing beats honey for super healthy-looking, glowing skin!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by jaimeramone28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have 2c/3a wavy/curly hair. I have been cowashing (or washing with conditioner) for a little over a month now, and at first that was great, but it does have its ups and downs. I use Darcy's Botanicals Cleansing Conditioner Cream, and that's great. It's very rich and moisturizing, but sometimes I do get those off days with dry/frizzy hair or greasy scalp. I think it's my hair getting used to no-suds cleaning.

Anyway, last week, my hair was going through a dry/frizzy stage, and I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to spend more money on conditioner because the DBCCC is already very conditioning, and I didn't want to waste money. I read that honey could work so figured why not. I combined about a quarter sized amount of DBCCC and quarter amount of organic wildflower honey. It actually wasn't sticky! I was able to detangle with ease.

I added a few drops to my styler (Darcy's Botanicals Curling Cream-Gel that actually already has a little honey) and scrunched. My curls already looked more defined! I have tried this both airdrying and diffusing with a blowdryer. Both resulted in unbelievably soft and shiny hair! Not to mention CLEAN! I have to admit, I love my cleansing conditioner, but sometimes it isn't too cleansing. The honey mixed with it, though, moisturized and made my hair cleaner. I dried voluminous, curlier, and with a lot less frizz. I definitely recommend it to curlies who cowash or for anyone's hair!

I loooove this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Recently I went nutso when cleaning my face and ended up with my skin feeling horribly raw and burned. Pain was very irritating and distracting that I had a hard time sleeping as I could feel the fibers in the pillowcase and they felt like sandpaper against my cheek. Not sure what to do as anything heavy to moisturize felt like too much and did nada for the pain. Then I remembered using raw honey as a mask so I grabbed the bottle of raw honey I had in my cupboard and added some green matcha powder to it. Slathered this all over my face and within 5 minutes my skin felt soothed and pain free! Left this on for 20 or so minutes and when I washed it off my skin had calmed down greatly and felt much better. Will try my best to keep this in mind for future skin needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by blondi530

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has been a miracle cure for my skin. I have tried everything for my adult acne. Proactiv, Clearskin, Avene, Aveeno, Prescription meds and nothing worked most of them made it worse. I do not review items as I would tend not to be impressed with most things. But Braggs apple cider vinegar, Honey & Jojoba Oil has changed my life, after 3 weeks my cystic acne has cleared. I cant stop looking at my skin. This has been a long road for me, I have had this acne for the last 4 years and have been to many dermatologists and also herbal healers. I have taken many supplements and vitamins to try and help my skin and while some herbal remedies made it slightly better i always continued to break out. Through much research i began a new all natural routine. If i have makeup on I use a Faith in nature seaweed soap to remove it, then do a small cleanse with light coloured organic honey, when i have more time i leave the honey on for as long as i can as a mask, your skin will feel so good afterwards. Then as a toner i use a mixture made from 50% Braggs Apple cider vinegar and 50% water. finally to moisturise I use 100% natural organic Jojoba oil. This Regime has worked wonders for my skin i have had no new breakouts and my scars are healing daily, i am delighted with the results and can't believe that dermatologists do not encourage more people to try natural products. I would encourage everyone with Acne problems to try this. If anybody needs any further details just contact me. Good luck!!!

4 months Later this is still working better than anything I have ever tried before!!!

32 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No