September 21, 2014 | 1748 users online

Treatments (Face) - Honey

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by cheergirl7410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Honey is great if you want a pretty soothing, hydrating facial every so often. I find it works best as a once a week scrub. I just combine some honey and brown sugar and rub in gently on my face. It leaves my skin softer and glowy. :) It also does not break you out! Try to get organic or raw honey though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by nomnomcat

My two cents will probably be buried within this page, but I thought I should tell everyone what an EXCELLENT spot treatment honey is when combined with turmeric. I dab a bit of organic, raw honey on my zits, then put a little turmeric on top, and the zit stays small and continues getting smaller within days. Usually when I get zits, they grow steadily in sized, get super red and inflamed and in general hard to conceal, and then finally develop into gnarly whiteheads that are just an eyesore on my face.

I leave the spot treatment on overnight, and during the day if I'm not doing anything, I'll put it on during the day as well. It stains a little bit if you only wash it off with water, but since you only have it on your zits, it's not too noticeable on my warm, yellow-toned Asian skin. If you're pale, however, it might be more obvious. I've tried to use everything for spot treatments: those benzoyl peroxide gels, clay masks, turmeric by itself, honey by itself...none have given me the results that honey has.

I also use honey also in turmeric and honey masks and every morning after I wash my face. I'm even tempted to take the leap into washing my face solely with honey! It really is a miracle worker.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by GlowMeAway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I can't say enough good things about honey. Honey has been used for thousands of years as an antibacterial agent. When my son was growing up, whenever he had a cut or an infection, I would clean it, spread honey on it, cover it with a bandage, and without fail it would heal quickly and easily. (Fun fact: a study published a couple of years ago in JAMA showed honey was EQUAL to chemical antibacterial agents used in and after surgery to prevent infection. How awesome is that?) I also use it as a masque several times a week. I have skin that likes to break out, and the antibacterial properties of honey keeps breakouts at bay and leaves me with soft, glowing skin. It also works great as a natural hair conditioner, and can be combined with eggs to soften hair. Finally, of course, raw natural honey tastes delish and can be used in place of processed sweeteners for cooking or topping. It is FULL of vitamins and so good for you, inside and out. Yum! The only problem.. whenever I try to use it as a lip exfoliator (combine with sugar), or a lip masque (just use it plain), I end up licking it off because it's so tasty. My bad.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by ckchic

I basically just spread it all over my face after i got back from work and leave it on while i'm watching TV (probably about 1- 1.5 hour) and then I take a shower and wash it.
I've been doing this for a 9 days (everyday) now and my skin is brighter than i ever remember, my face is less oily, and it does not broke me out. I will use it everyday FOREVER!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by scrowell

Last night for the first time I went out and bought a small jar of raw honey at Whole foods for about $11.35, and some organic Turmeric powder. I cleansed my face and mixed a tblsp of honey, and a *pinch* of Turmeric, mixed together and applied to my face, I let it sit for about 40 mins and rinsed off. After, I used my normal fresh squeezed lemon juice w/ a splash of water as a toner. WOW! GIRLS AND BOYS TAKE NOTE! My skin literally feels and looks better then it ever has. I am now 20 years old and used to suffer with acne, and now getting over it. This is amazing. Stop using harsh chemical products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by saure

Honey. Yes, honey. I simply juust apply honey to my face as a cleanser and it works perfectly. At night, I leave it on for 2 hours then I massage my face and rinse it off with warm water then rub an ice cube all over my face to tighten and close my pores. The first few times honey might not make a difference to your skin, but if you begin to apply it every day then your skin will just brighten up and look sooo healthy. It doesn't really help my acne go away, but it does help prevent new ones from popping up. Anyways, honey is a godsend! Thank the lord for bees!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by denns

I have currently re-vamped my skin care routine to only include the following three items: raw honey, coconut oil, and baking soda.

I use coconut oil in the morning as a moisturizer, in the evening as a make-up remover (works like a dream for even the stubborn-est of eye makeup), followed by my raw honey as a cleanser, and more coconut oil as a moisturizer. I'll use the baking soda 1-2x a week over the honey when I'm ready to wash off as an exfoliant.

Let's get to the star of the show: RAW HONEY! This stuff has completely transformed my skin, and I no longer need to worry about bad breakouts around my time of the month - or anytime for that matter! After I take my makeup off, I rub about 2-3 tablespoons into my face and down my neck (I get bad hormonal breakouts around my jawline), and I'll leave it on while I brush my teeth. After about 5 minutes (sometimes less if I'm lazy) I'll wash it off (rubbing a little baking soda on there if I need to exfoliate). The honey comes off surprising easily, doesn't leave a sticky mess whatsoever, and leaves my face feeling baby soft.

Honey is apparently an anti-bacterial, and I suppose that's what's killing all of my nasty pimple bacteria on the reg'. I highly recommend this to anyone suffering with any hormonal acne (don't know about cystic because I've never dealt with it), but I'm sure everyone can benefit from it! I use a 100% Raw Norcal Honey purchased at Costco in Northern California. If you can, buy honey that's made locally because it can help with seasonal allergies. Awesome stuff!

When followed by organic raw coconut oil as my nightly moisturizer, my skin has never been softer and more even toned. The honey also seems to be "pushing" a lot of the sebum/buildup up to the surface of my pores, making it easier to get out - I really want to go get a extraction from a dermatologist (or maybe a few of them) to see if this helps with my blackheads. It's worth a try!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its truely a miracle. I add it to yogurt/mayo/egg as a natural hair mask for my naturally dry hair. It has transformed my hair completely. My hair has gone from from very dry to dry-normal with its regular use. I also use it as my face mask for couple of min(I have oily skin so cant leave it longer) and it adds a glow to my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by smileitscontagious

This works on absolutely everything! Acne, dry skin, cuts, burns, cold sores, you name it. It's a natural antiseptic AND moisturizer which is fantastic because a lot of products out on the market are usually only antiseptic or moisturizing, but are rarely both at the same time. I recently used this on a cold sore I had as a last alternative after I'd used absolutely EVERYTHING -- neosporin, abreva, carmex, etc. This immediately cleared up what I thought was skin, but was actually an infection (ew). It also moisturized so I could actually smile and laugh without the cold sore cracking and bleeding everywhere. I also love mixing this with oatmeal and using it as a mask. Immediately after washing it off my skin feels soft and looks smooth and the next morning I notice my breakouts are noticeably reduced. Ahhhh honey <3

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by VioletAutumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

i use honey when i run out of spot treatment, it reduces the redness of my pimples and it seems to make the pimples smaller.. but i only apply it a couple of times then i just let it dry out on its own.. the problem is that honey where i live right now is really expensive.. but when i do buy honey i don't just eat it put i use it for other things, like moisturizer or in a face mask or like i said a spot treatment or lip treatment.