December 21, 2014 | 1637 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm partial on this color. Its too bright for my liking on a daily basis, I was expecting a softer, more muted pink. I could still pull this off occasionally, but I'm not too daring & look for everyday use in all the shades I purchase. All the swatches I found online were different, along with the images here. Only the first & last are true to its real shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really in love with this lippie. I would compare the pigmentation and formula of this to a high end lipstick. I've always liked Revlon lipsticks though. The color is a beautiful warm pink. It can be applied with a light hand to give you a MLBB look, or by using a heavy hand, you can really get a bright lip. I would certainly repurchase and would recommend this product to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by lilliesloveandlipsticks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pretty colour, but rather bad quality.

The light coral-pink colour is the perfect 'Audrey' colour. I absolutely loved how it looked against my slightly yellow Asian skintone. I always felt so happy and cheerful when I wear it.

Yet the longevity of this lipstick is really mediocre. 2 hours? Gosh, I do not have the time in the world to reapply it! Plus it leaves my lips dry and parched, and it tends to settle in the lines of my lips.

My search for the perfect pink lipstick continues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It's a neutral mid-tone pink. I don't get any of the peachy pink people have mentioned, but against a very warm skin tone lipsticks can change. Made famous by Audrey Hepburn, it's rumored she wore a similar shade in Breakfast At Tiffany's. While Audrey was a spokesperson for Revlon in the 80's, I think her lipsticks were more expensive than Revlon. Most likely something from Arden, Lauder, or Coty... based on the time period in the 60's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hallelujah all mighty, I have found my "Dazzling Pink" shade in lipstick form at last! "Dazzling Pink" was an LE lipgloss shade my Revlon a while ago. It was stunning, it was a beautiful creamy lilac, rose pink that made me look straight out of a beauty magazine, rocking them unusual(at least to me) colors. I was so upset when it was discontinued i bought every tube i could find, on Ebay and elsewhere. I bought this shade just looking at the color swatches on the revlon display. I thought it would be a refreshing change from my mauves and roses. On me this shows up as a lavender-ish rose. A cool rose? But it didn't look out of place with my skin tone. It made me look like Ii usually do in the colder months. So to me this would be the perfect winter pink. Or even spring really. Just not summer and fall though. I find it too, or not hot enough. It evokes a 60s feel to me, not retro but elegant. It is beautiful, stunning shade, and again, another that would look great on anybody unless I think, you happen to be very olive. I can't wait for the colder months, and i won't have to worry about chapped lips because it takes care of that too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color description: peach-toned pink

Pros

-creamy
- moisturizing
- pigmented

Cons

- none

Comments: This is a pink with peach undertones - very wearable. . It's very creamy and pigmented, as well.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been searching for the perfect baby pink lip. Unfortunately, this isn't quite what I wanted but it is a great neutral pink that would go with anything. It fills in the gap between nude and my brighter pinks. I think I will reach for this frequently.
One downside with the packaging: I wish the cap would click so that you would know its on all the way. Just feels a bit cheap right now

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ulta is seriously fabulous! I had a 3.50 off of any 10.00 coupon and the revlon was buy two get one free! walked away with 3 revlon SL lipsticks for 11 dollars. I was originally looking for Pink Velvet but they didn't carry the color! I took a big gamble on this color since i didn't consult MUA before buying! I remembered this color from some group swatches though and thought "what the heck, i'm getting it for free anyways". I love it! its a very confusing color to photograph however! It turns up very blue-based with a flash but its more neutral/warm in person. this does not look "80's" pink on me at all. for reference i'm about half mexican and half spanish (roughly) and i have a light complexion for my race. However I am not an ivory color nor do i have pink undertones so finding a pink that looks good on me that doesn't have a brown mixed in is very hard! this is a true pink that leans a little towards peachy pink. the color is fabulous and I think its hilarious that my original quest for a pink lipstick like Audrey Hepburns was what made me turn toward the revlon lipsticks in the first place! Im so thrilled that i picked this color! I haven't really mentioned how these wear, i love the formula, its very creamy but doesn't slide around your lips like a silky lip formula does. nothing lasts long on my lips because im notorious for licking them, drinking water, etc. the middle always wears on me first. I really dont mind taking these out of my bag and reapplying however because they are so chic and vintage looking. I feel absolutely glamorous when I wear any of my revlon lippies! I also love that I can wear this with a smokey eye! I wouldn't recommend wearing this with colorful eyeshadow or you may look trashy, this isnt sheer enough or nude enough to pull that off

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

This is a pretty pick-me-up shade of pink but it makes my teeth look yellow. :((( I can wear it to work sometimes and tone it down a bit by layering a bit of NYX Natural Megashine lipgloss over it. Staying power is poor on me, about 2 hours max. It settles into my lines, feathers, and is rather a dry formula overall. Not very creamy. Tugs on my lips as I apply. For ref, I'm NC25 in Mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by 00courtney00

I truly adore this lipstick. An absolute MLBB color for me. Silky application, really moisturizing and good lasting power of 4 hours (even after lunch and lots of drinks).
It's a wonderful color for all occasions including work.

To avoid an overly creme pastel look I apply a generous layer of the lipstick, press a tissue between my lips then add a very thin layer over the top.

I have already repurchased this a few times and will definitely continue to do so!