Curel Ultra Healing Daily Moisture Therapy Lotion

4.6

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl PG Hydroxyethyl Palmitamide, Isopropyl Palmitate, Shea Butter, Avena Sativa Meal Extract (Oat), Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Orange Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Acacia Senegal Gum, Gelatin, DMDM Hydantoin

on 8/24/2007 9:15:00 AM

I gather from some of the other reviews that the Curel lotions in the current packaging are a different formulation than the old ones. I wouldn't know, because my family bought a bunch of the old ones in the big bottles so we're still working on those. They also have the old packaging ones at big lots, although there's probably not nearly as much in stock now as when it was first changed.

Anyway...about the product. I really like this. I've had very dry skin my entire life and think I've tried just about every lotion on the market. I like that this is a simple product yet works so well. The texture is a little off-putting at first because it feels like it's greasy but it really isn't...that texture just helps the lotion spread really well and it sinks in quickly too. Leaves skin feeling moisturized but not greasy. The only think I'm not thrilled with is the smell, which is orangey (makes sense - has orange oil) but I can deal with it because it doesn't linger. It's a nice product and a real lifesaver in the winter!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't get it. Plenty of people here say it moisturizes well or is even too greasy, but I feel like it isn't moisturizing enough. I love how easily it goes on and how quickly it soaks in, but after it does soak in, my skin feels smooth but dry, not moisturized at all. I have been searching for a "nighttime" body lotion (something extra heavy to wear to bed), but this definitely isn't it.

on 6/24/2007 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only cream that worked for me while on Accutane. Great product. It moisturizes very well. A little bit sticky when you put it, but that goes away in a minute. Fragance free. Definetely repurchase even when i finished Accutane.

on 6/5/2007 8:49:00 AM

I have been using this on my 8 year old daughter since it became available on the market. She has sensitive eczema prone skin, and this is the only lotion that keeps her skin from looking scaly. I use it on myself as well. I especially love that it does not have an overpowering scent to it- some fragrance-free lotions can still carry a strange odor.

on 5/23/2007 8:29:00 PM

This stuff is HG for me. Works super well and keeps your skin so soft and moist. I even use this as an eye creme in the morning as a prep for my eyemakeup since the skin around my eyes are very dry and flaky at times. i wont use this all over my skin for fear of breakouts, but it says you can if you wanted to. LOVE IT

on 4/17/2007 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have really dry legs. I have tried nearly every lotion out there, including Aveno, Nivea, Bath and Body, Olay, Jergens, etc. This version of Curel is the only thing that keeps me from wanting to take a cheese grater to my legs.

Its a tad pricey, but it works.

on 2/18/2007 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this yesterday while shopping for lotion. I have severely winter dry, itchy skin and have tried everything to heal my skin. Eucerin, Aveeno, Olay, you name it, it wasn't helping the dryness of the itch which was now causing me intense pain. I heard Curel was good, well, I heard raves about continuous comfort so decided to give this a shot. The lotion itself is fairly light, with a very nice creamsicle smell that fades quickly. It did the job of moisurizing my skin pretty well. No greasy feeling left behind, though if you use too much it takes a while to absorb. I would buy again.

on 2/10/2007 11:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love how creamy and moisturizing this is, but it is WAY overpriced for a lotion. I mean it used to run 5-7 for the larger bottle, and now it goes for 9+, the cheapest one is at W@lM@art for $9.97. Because of this I am looking for alternative products to replace this. I may have to rob a bank otherwise, I do use this constantly, hence the reason I dislike the price.

on 1/23/2007 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used to use this version of Curel before they made the changes, but for some reason, I find that it now seems to be very plastic-like in texture. My skin just feels like it's suffocating when I've used it. I do like the smell very much, but I think after a while the eucalyptus and orange oil, started to irritate my skin. Also, I finally figured out that they added shea butter, and unbeknownst to be, I'm allergic to shea. So I switched to the Continuous Comfort Unscented (which is the replacement to the old green cap version) and am much happier. It has very little silicone, no harsh oils, no shea butter, and just seems to moisturize better for me. So if you have sensitive skin, I think the Continuous Comfort would be a better choice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think it might be better than Cetaphil if you don't slather on too much. Cetaphil is a bit runnier and this has an Orange creamsicle smell to it that disappears quickly. This is a bit creamier and like the packaging material says, "velvety". It really is velvety. Unlike Cetaphil, it doesn't make you feel like your arms and legs are stuck in a humid rainforest, but feels just like lotion. Very good for dry, flaky patches on elbows and knees. Out of desperation, I even put this on some flaky patches on my face. No allergic reaction and the flakes disappeared. This really is gentle enough for my sensitive skin face. And it's a lot cheaper than Cetaphil. Definitely body lotion HG!