April 19, 2014 | 1363 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Laguna

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I avoided buying this product for years because of the price. I recently got it as part of a Sephora Favorites package and I'm in love. It looks dark in the pan but it's the perfect bronzer for my NW20 skin. I will definitely be purchasing a full size when I use up the sample.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by lucyzta

I have fair skin and am a bronzer junkie. I really liked NARS Laguna. I used up all of mine fairly quickly. It is shimmery but not over the top shimmer. You can use it to contour but you can also use it just to highlight. Because I am a bronzer junkie, I did not repurchase right away because there were other bronzers I wanted to check out but I can definitely see myself buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by thedaydreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite bronzer of all time! It's non orangey and has a slight shimmer so looks nice and natural without being too shimmery. It looks good when i'm paler in winter but also when i'm more tanned in summer so i think it would suit most skin tones too. I normally use it to bronze my cheekbones but you can also contour with it using an angled brush if you want and the packaging is really nice because of the little mirror so its perfect to take around with you. The only problem i have with it is that its kind of expensive but tbh its such a good bronzer i would buy it again and again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

finally gave laguna a try. so glad i did. i get a natural glow that i love! im about nw 20-25.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I tried this product once when I was NW13, it was too orange for my cool-toned skin. However, when I use self tanner in the summer, NC20-25, this bronzer is almost too light. I find the finish looks unnatural compared to others. Just not sure why this is a cult favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a good bronzer for years because Prescriptives discontinued the one I used previously. I am very picky because I have sensitive skin / mild rosacea that is easily irritated. I have tried tons of bronzers -Benefit ,Guerlain , Drugstore brands...you name it, I probably tried it. This is by far the best one for my sensitive, fair skin.

What I liked about it-
it is not irritating
it is not real shimmery
it is not orange or red , more like a light brown/ tan
the color works on fair skin
there is a lot of product in the pan
the case is the typical protective Nars case which I like because I tend to drop things.

What you might not like- -
There is no brush included. I never use the brushes that come with makeup , but if you do then this could be a downside especially if you carry makeup in your purse and need to put a brush in there as well as the bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I jumped on the NARS Laguna bandwagon and I'm not completely enthused. I'd like to give it 3.5 stars if I had the option.
The colour is a bit too "flat" and I think if you're not careful, it can look like dirt on your face. I use a light touch when I apply, especially on the cheeks. I don't use it to contour because of the shimmer; my face ends up looking 'wider' and my face is round shaped already!

I think I'd use this more when I've got more colour in the summer and even then, I'm not sure I'd reach it for all that often compared to Shiseido's Medium bronzer, or Bobbi Brown's Medium bronzer.

I would recommend road testing this bronzer before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

I have this bronzer in the Orgasm/Laguna duo and I loooove it! I purchased Benefit Hoola in a full size and let me tell you....I regret it! Hoola is alright, but Laguna is just amaaaazing. When I dust Laguna on or below my cheekbones, I get a ebeautiful bronze glow or a slight contour, respectively, that looks natural even with the sheen. Hoola on the other hand, looks muddy. Maybe I'm applying too much... maybe my heart belongs to Laguna...or maybe Laguna is the superior bronzer! I will buy the full size when I finish the duo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

I'm an nc10-15 but this still isn't the best for contouring, it's great for general bronzing. For actual contouring, use Casino. Still totally worth owning though because it's a good complexion bronzer. I might not repurchase simply because I have a ton of fabulous bronzers and this is one of those things I could survive living without..... in the summertime though, it's definitely nice to have.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

Wow. This is a product that Iam definitely not in the majority with (this & Orgasm). What I like about this bronzer is that it's brown, not orange & that it's not too glittery. That's where the good qualities stop. It didn't look natural on my skin, it actually made my face look dirty. This does streak easily, so you have to make sure you blend this very well. I like the packaging, & the fact that this comes with a lot of bronzer. This is expensive, I think it's around $36 or something like that. I ended up returning this & I would not buy this again. I think this is hyped up to be more than it really is. I will stick to my Bobbi Brown bronzer, which works much better.