November 25, 2014 | 1686 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Laguna

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by beautyqueen888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best bronzing powder I have ever tried. It is not too dark, not orange, not too sparkly or shiny.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by mranellucci

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this bronzer in a duo, along with the Orgasm blush. Laguna by Nars lasts all day long and is easily blendable. The colour is just not right for me. I have a light golden complexion and Laguna looks really orange on me. Actually, it has a nice and natural colour when I apply it but the colour "turns" troughout the day. I start the day looking sun-kissed and I end up with some Oompa-Loompa contouring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I should not compare this product to a Chanel -- but I will. The Nars Laguna bronzer is a finely milled, delicate bronzing powder which has worked well for me (NC15 MAC ) for a long time.

I recently cheated on my Laguna with Chanel's Les Beiges -- which I chose a #30. I admit that I threw my money away. Les Beiges is a very inferior product. It is touted as a "glow" .. healthy, bronzey, bla bla bla. It does not do either the glow or the bronzey well.

if you want a good bronzer for lighter skin's go with Laguna. No orange, no mud, no grey.. just a soft natural bronzey glow .. yes, it glows in a subtle way. Healthy and natural looking.

no comparison on price either. Chanel has become a rip off recently in most of it's collections.

I still hate NARS casing though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

My very first bronzer! I love how it blends so smoothly and looks so natural although Im very fair. Also it is not shommery like most bronzer which is a great plus for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Drawmeapainting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have just recently gotten into using bronzers in about the last year or so. I have tried several and most always looked muddy, orange or totally unnatural on my light skin. I used to use NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny which was okay and got the job done without any of the above mentioned issue but I still wasn't happy.
I first tried Laguna in the Laguna/Orgasm duo from NARS so I could try both products without committing to buying them separately at the chance I didn't like them. Laguna has totally changed my opinion about bronzers. It isn't orange on me at all, if anything, it has a slightly yellow bronze undertone which looks more realistic on me. It isn't completely matte but it also doesn't have shimmer or glitter. It has what I would call a natural finish and looks like skin when applied. I think some matte bronzers are overly matte and look more fake than anything. Laguna is perfect for most skin tones... if you are a deep skin tone, I think NARS has another bronzer called Casino, maybe look at that one.
I use a Real Techniques Contour brush to apply just below my cheekbones, along my temples and jawline, a little under my chin, down my neck and whatever is left on the brush I swipe across my forehead, nose and cheeks to warm up my face.
I didn't believe the hype around this product which is why it took me so long to purchase it but I sure believe it now. I use it every day and will definitely use this side of the duo up before Orgasm.
Laguna blends nicely, it goes on a little sheer but I don't mind as it allows more control of how dramatic of a look you are going for. Another product I love from NARS.
As I always mention, I love NARS products and don't mind paying the money for them but I do acknowledge they are pricey. Also their packaging is a magnet for fingerprints and will get dirty in your makeup bag. Just wipe it off with a makeup wipe and it'll look good as new.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by pwinsta

It applies flawlessly and can be built up. I'm NC25/30 in winter and it's a great, realistic colour for a natural bronze look. However in summer I will look at purchasing Casino as it will be much too light for anything above NC30.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great overall bronzer, but if you have NC30 skin this is not dark enough to contour with.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by deebaby07

I got a sample of this in the sephora "in the glow" kit. I'm naturaly on the tanner side and tan easily. My face is usualy always lighter than my body. This adds the perfect amount of color to my skin. It doesn't look brown or streaky. I don't do well with shimmery face bronzers.. I look greasy after a few hours. This is definitly on the matte side and i didn't notice the shimmer until I read some of the other review. Overall, I am going to buy the full size. It last awhile because I have been using the mini version in the in the glow kit and it's not even close to running out yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by sunnyflowergirl

Okay, so I've always wanted the 'perfect' bronzer, but having searched for many years, I thought I would never find it. I always ended up disappointed....and very orange.

I'm already a big fan of Nars, being a regular user of their blushers and eye shadows, so after reading rave reviews about this bronzer I decided to give it a go.
I can't tell you how good this product is. It glides on perfectly, is great for contouring and no matter how much you put on, you don't turn orange! Woop!

Amazing, amazing, amazing. A must have for any girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Minniebx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite bronzer. It's soo flawless. I recommended to anyone to get it please.