October 25, 2014 | 917 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Facial Cleanser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by glitterfacedranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a 17-year-old with oily/acne prone skin.I started using this every morning about a month ago and I've notice a change in my skin:)Right after I wash my face with this,my skin always feel smooth,soft and oil free!Now,my face isn't quite zit free,but at my age,I guess that would be nothing short of a miracle;)lol!However,I have noticed a reduction in acne,whic is great!I will defanitely keep purchasing!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clean&Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser is an oil free cleanser that promises to wake you up via a refreshing citrus scent and wash away dirt, oil, and makeup. I purchased this cleanser at Ulta, but Clean&Clear is available at just about any drug or grocery store. This cleanser usually goes for $5 for 8fl oz, but I got it for $3, with a two dollar off coupon (they almost always have a deal or coupon available). Unfortunately, like all Johnson&Johnson sub-brands, Clean&Clear tests on animals. Clean&Clear doesn't list where their products are made on the bottle, and I'm having a hard time finding out. This cleanser is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic.
Packaging for this cleanser is a transparent, rectangular, plastic orange bottle with an orange pump. The label features the navy and white Clean&Clear logo, and white lettering. The back label offers information about the product, directions, and a full ingredient list. With previous Morning Burst cleansers I've had issues with the pump breaking, or jamming. Packaging for these cleansers definitely isn't the best quality, nor is anything special to look at, really it's functional at best. boo.
The formula of this cleanser is a clear gel with a good, moderate consistency. Suspended in the gel are "bursting" beads, that I've yet to see an bursting action from. I'd call it more of a melt. These melting boots give a nice amount of exfoliation, ironically, more exfoliating than the matching scrub that I also reviewed. Clean&Clear claim that this cleanser contains vitamin C and ginseng, but the ingredient list also reveals cucumber, grapefruit, and ginger extracts. And parabens, but let's look on the bright side, this is a cleanser for the morning, do you really want to start the day off thinking of preservatives.
I'm on the fence about the cleanser's scent. It's like a citrus-mint combo. Clean&Clear calls it invigorating. I call it..strong. It'll probably wake you up from it's sheer potency. My mum hates how this cleanser smells, it makes her cough. I'm kinda undecided about it, but to be honest, I've never really liked how any Clean&Clear product I've had smelled, so really it's just keeping in the brand's tradition of smelling kinda iffy.
Morning Burst foams up into a nice smooth lather. It feels kinda fizzy on the skin. It actually makes me feel happy, but not as happy as the commercial would lead you to believe. I have yet to dance and skin along to a love song with my roommate after using this cleanser. That'd be a definite manfail on his part, and besides, he's a Clean&Clear sensitive skin kind of guy.
So this cleanser doesn't make me dance, but it does make me happy.This cleanser does a good job of removing face makeup, and left over eye makeup. It also controls oil pretty well, but I don't have exceptionally oily skin, so it's not like it's some sort of challenging feat. Clean&Clear promises that this cleanser will rinse off clean, and I suppose it does. I've never had problems with it being stubborn, unless it gets in my hair line or something, but that isn't the cleanser's fault.
After rinsing, my skin feels very soft and refreshed. No tightness or dryness. Very Comfortable. Good job, Clean&Clear. Aside from softer skin, I haven't noticed any changes in my skin, positive or negative. I do have more acne, but it's not from this cleanser.
Do I recommend Clean&Clear Morning Burst? If you have normal to mildly oily skin, and like feeling happy. Will I repurchase it? Probably, unless some other cleanser piques my interest. This cleanser is a great way to start the day. It adds a little bit of fun to your skin care routine, but it isn't a party in a bottle, girls in the commercial need to calm down. It's affordable, easily accessible, and makes your skin feel pretty good. Skin care, moar liek Win Care.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Berbecca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All it really is just a gentle facial cleanser. It didn't do anything for shine, after a while the smell started to get annoying but it didn't irritate my face. My face felt clean but it wasn't what I expected.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by BB83

This really is HORRIBLE!!!!! It made skin BURN so bad...my cheeks were super RED after I was done using it, and it made it really tight feeling...and just HURT so bad!!!! It took like a week to clear up after I stopped using it. I am about to take it back and get my freaking money back! Way too expensive for something that doesn't even work, or else my skin is just way too sensitive for it!!!! Will never buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by jasminejones2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on saturday of last week. THIS IS HORRRRIBBBLE! at first, i thought it was doing a wonderful job leaving my face so shiny and clean...but after a couple days, washing my face twice a day..i noticed DRY MARKS on my face.! omg. and in the product it has some "bursting vitamin beads" ..all they did to my face was screw it up! this product isnt right for you if your skin is normal with a little bit of shine. either i am taking this back and getting my money nack..or im throwing this straight in the freaking trash! im highly disappointed in this product.:(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by martinrimartini

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product wasn't terrible, but I gave it a 4 because it has more pros than cons.

Pros: Smells nice, wakes you up a little, doesn't dry out skin
Cons: Doesn't do anything for acne, which was was I wanted

Like I said, it wasn't terrible, but i don't think i would buy it again because it didn't do it's purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by sameenelahi821

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is what I use in the morning to remove my anti-acne product and any oil from when I was sleeping. I'm really groggy in the morning and I must say, it doesn't do much to improve my morning or wake me up, but it does clean my face off and without it I highly doubt I'd be comfortable putting makeup on or even leaving the house. It's great for just starting off the day with clean, refreshed skin. It also improves my complexion and leaves me with a light tingly feeling. I do need to use an oil-free moisturizer right after, but the combination of the two products leaves me feeling wonderful. Alone, however, I think my skin would feel like paper for a while and get significantly more oily than usual throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was great for a few months, woke me up more easily, my skin felt nice & clean. Then it started to burn like hell. :/ I can't even look at it without cringing now. It was horrible, my face would get really tight feeling and it would be sooo red and blotchy. I started to buy sensitive skin formulas and that was what I needed. So, I think this would be a great cleanser for regular skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

A friend gave me this. I have no idea why she wanted to throw it out but it works great. I have have a spate of terrible break outs on my cheeks and neck and in just one week this stopped the spots and started to quickly make my skin look better. After the 2nd week the dark marks from the spots have faded dramatically. I use this every morning and night You only need the tiniest drop it, lather it up and wash yourf ace with it. I also tried using a blue version of this which promptly broke my face out minutes after using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by puccimisuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a week ago and i was really disappointed,my skin breaks out and dry after i used it,but the smell is okay and it has minty feeling.I will not buy this again!