September 1, 2014 | 1950 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2005 6:39:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I tried a sample of this and it's pretty decent. Nice and light but moisturizing. Easy to wear under makeup. My only complaint is no SPF in it but I'm guessing that's because it's for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2005 5:02:00 AM More reviews by marnie2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved this lotion. I just used a sample but I thought the texture (lightweight and not greasy) was just right. I don't like scented products on my face so it was perfect. The only problem is it has no SPF so it's not suitable for daytime. I will certainly buy soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2005 11:09:00 PM More reviews by catalina23

Excellent product. I have been using this for several months now & I am still on my original bottle. I hate the packaging, it seems rather gawky but the product inside is wonderful. Lightweight but moisturizing (not greasy at all), no fragrance & non-irritating. I like this much better than Olay, only because it seems to give my skin a bit more moisture (I have combo/sensitive skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2005 9:23:00 PM More reviews by av0105

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product it makes my skin very smooth! It texture is light. It does not irritate skin and it is soothing. Non scented too. Great amount of product for price. HG item!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2005 4:22:00 AM More reviews by jubeejube

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I got it cheap as it was being discontinued @ a store. Now, the thing with my skin is that I always have to try new things. My skin has a love/hate relationship with all facial creams/lotions. So, i circulate what I have so that my skin does not get used to a certain product, b/c once it does it has no effect on my skin whatsoever anymore.
    The Dove is really light. I usually prefer creams over lotions, & I have to say to those who are opposite to what I like should be warned. This lotion is in between being a lotion & a cream. Actually, it leans more towards being a cream. It's very nice and has no scent. The only thing I don't care for is the bottle itself. i'd rather the lid screw off rather than the way it is. It's hard to describe but awkward. Wouldn't buy this again though, my skin'll eventually reject it, but it's doing well for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2005 1:03:00 AM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love to use this to mix w/ my foundation to sheer it out. I love that there's no fragrance and it feels sooooo light! The cap is goofy, but other than that, you get a TON of product for around $5!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not really big into moisterizers,because most of them break me out and make my face way too oily.I decided to buy this at Ulta one day on a whim (it was cheap,so I said what the hey, right?)I'm soo glad I did!This so far is my favorite moisterizer!I have very sensitive,acne prone, combination skin,and this works very well.It is very light lotion for the day,but I wear it at night too because anything too heavy makes me breakout like heck!The only downside to this is that it doesn't have any SPF in it...still good stuff,though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2005 4:55:00 PM More reviews by mr41668

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really thought I'd like this product but sadly I dont. The price was fine and I liked the packaging (the top was kind of awkward though). But instead of moisturizing my skin, it made my already dry skin dryer. I tried the eye cream too and it dried my eyes out even more. I guess the Dove line just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2005 1:46:00 PM More reviews by starlet02

great product!! i use this every night, even though it's intended for day use. it gives me smooth, soft, glowing skin, perfect for winter dryness. and it doesn't make my sensitive skin go crazy. love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2005 10:20:00 PM More reviews by sneezydiva3

I had bad luck with this. Like a previous reviewer, this lotion made my face itchy and tight feeling. Strangly, my skin looked good, but I just can't use it because of the weird irritation. What a shame and a suprise coming from a product formulated for sensitive skin.