MAC Russian Red

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my favourite shade of red. It is literally perfect. Russian red is one of those reds that just really add to the face and make you look beautiful with only having minimal eye make up or no eye make up on at all. I get many compliments on how gorgeous I look when wearing this, as it goes with my light brown hair, green eyes and fair skin. This shade is perfect for those who have cool undertones (like myself).The staying power of this lipstick is just phenomenal and extraordinary! It lasts about 8-10 hours before becoming dry, and even when it does become dry, you can just apply some lip balm and you're good to go :) The scent of this lipstick is yummy (it smells like vanilla sugary cookies) lol :p
The packaging is sophisticated. Yes, I'll admit, this lipstick is quite pricey, but it is soo worth it.

Overall: this lipstick is SO beautiful, looks amazing on people whom have cool undertones, and lasts a VERY long time!! If you're looking for a deep red lipstick with blue undertones and great staying power, definitely spend the extra and give this lipstick a go xx

on 12/12/2013 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

beautiful red color. i like it more than ruby woo on my skin (mac nc42). but since its matte,it can settle in your fine lines so be sure to scrub before and apply chapstick.

on 12/12/2013 6:31:00 PM

Everything I could want in a matte red lipstick - beautiful colour, ease of application, not too drying, makes teeth appear whiter, reasonable wear time. One of my favourite lipsticks

on 12/11/2013 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

BEST red lipstick out there! I've tried a few reds from MAC, and this is by far my favorite. Its not too warm or too cool, not too bright or too dark, its perfect. On me this lipstick is a neutral red, with just enough blue to make your teeth really white. Being really fair, I can't wear red lipstick with orange/coral in it, because it makes my teeth look yellow, even though I whiten my teeth. I love the color of Ruby Woo, but the Retro Matte formula is just too dry for my naturally dry lips. RR is not that dry, it's actually one of the creamier mattes from MAC. It's very pigmented, easy to apply, fully opaque, comfortable to wear, and it lasts a long time even through eating and drinking.
I use MAC's prep & prime, and Cherry lip pencil with it.

PROS
- Very pigmented.
- Smells good!
- Last a long time on the lips.

CONS
- Slightly drying if you haven't used a lip balm beforehand.

This is my all time favourite lipstick! It lasts for ages, it's a beautiful colour that would suit most skin colours and it's just an amazing classic red.
Highly recommended!

on 10/31/2013 12:34:00 PM

I like this lipstick. Pretty colour but nothing that I can't achieve through drugstore lipsticks. Maybe I'm not blown away due to the fact I heard so many GREAT things about this and had really high expectations. Doesn't make my teeth look super white like everyone says but didn't make them look yellow either. Doesn't go on great but that's due to the fact it's a matte and I just don't love mattes. I use my eos to hydrate then my red babylips underneath and that problem is soon solved. Didn't bleed too much but wasn't perfect either. You NEED a mirror to apply this. Uh, overall nice lipstick but nothing spectacular. Love the mac lipstick scent though.

on 10/31/2013 8:32:00 AM

Great lipstick - good coverage / pigment & easy to apply.
Sadly my over 40 lips & brown/ blonde highlighted hair don't suit the bright red ... I prefer "Amorous"

on 10/24/2013 6:41:00 AM

My favorite Mac red, matte but not ultra matte like Ruby woo (my dry lips thank Mac for that, although the ultra matte look is soo chic..), wearable during the day if you're daring enough, makes your teeth look really white, is THE classic (blue) red colour. (for reference: I am NC25 in Mac and Warm beige to natural in Bobbi Brown). Also the red that got me into wearing reds now at 31.

I don't think one needs to know more about this lipstick - well worth the rave! Will get it for my Mom, too.

on 10/22/2013 12:17:00 AM

I own a few red lipsticks from MAC but I would say this is by far the best one for me! Love it!

on 10/11/2013 1:26:00 PM

This is my go-to shade of brighter red from Mac :) in contrast to Dubonnet as the darker shade of my choice. I love this bright red hue :) plus it does not come off easily because of its matte finish :)

Popular Lipsticks