July 26, 2014 | 1890 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased Mac's Russian Red Lipstick last week! It is a very neutral red with blue undertones which makes my teeth look white. I am an NC 30-35 in Mac

PACKAGING: Same as other Mac lipsticks. It comes in a simple black bullet type packaging. Sleek and simple. It is easy to carry around with me and it makes a click sound when I close it.

LONGEVITY: On my bare lips without lip balms, it lasts about 4 to 5 hours (drinking and eating a meal). My lips tend to get dry within 2 hours without lip balm but with the lipstick on. If I apply lip balm underneath the lip stick, it lasts for about 3 hours at most. What I like about it is that the lipstick has a matte finish. If I have a lip balm underneath, it leaves my lips with a bit of shine.

PRICE: I bought if for SGD$39. It is pricey for a lipstick but I would buy it again because of the cool toned red which suits most skin tone. It is not one those reds that screams right at your face!

PIGMENTATION: Super pigmented. Dab it on your lips for a lighter application. I dab it on lightly with a light hand to give a natural berry red to the lips for everyday. I feel like this lipstick is very versatile! Heavy application: Marilyn Monroe red type of lips. I love it for night time!

In conclusion, I would not repurchase it again if I am done with the lipstick. There are tons of lipstick shades out there in the market and I do not like to restrict myself to a certain shade. I like to explore and try out other lipsticks of different shades, tones and texture etc. But I have a very good experience with this lipstick so far. Would recommend but will not repurchase for myself :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally broke down and splurged on this iconic lipstick. This is a beautiful classic, elegant red. It works with jeans and a tee or a glamourous evening gown. Not quite as bright as what I thought, or what I wanted so that is a bit disapointing. My daughter says this is a good "winter red" for me. I agree but I want that perfect "forever," HG, compliment catching, red. This is a true blue based red, yet leaning neutral, in my opinion. I think many people could pull this off, which is probably why its such a favorite. I love the feel of this. It applies beautifully and even and doesn't take alot to get full coverage. I can swipe on my bottom lip, put a bit on my top lip, perfect with a brush and Tada! Perfect red lips. Its matte ( I love matte red lips) but not dry and on me it lasts all day. It stays comfortable, light, and if you need a touch up it never feels heavy or thick. My favorite aspect of Russian Red is that the color stays true - ALL DAY AND NIGHT-no matter how heavy or lightly applied and it doesn't turn orange or fushia as the day wears on. Is it worth the $15 price tag. Ahhh, I'm cheap so ,no, not really. I do think its a bit high priced and its not as bright as I want but I do love the feel so I may try another red MAC lipstick like Ruby woo.
On another note, for those of you who are afraid of red ,Russian Red is probably the perfect place to start for a really good red lipstick. Many have claimed there are drugstore dupes for this- no- there's not a TRUE dupe, especially color wise. Some come close, very close, but if you can afford this- get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by twits0123

First off, I absolutely adore mac lip products especially their lipsticks.the texture is creamy and I love that it is so ridiculously pigmented and that it lasts almost the whole day.the shade russian red is to die for, its the most gorgeous shade of red and suits both cool toned and warm toned skin and personally the perfect red lipstick that everyone needs.to be honest I have no idea why this product doesnt have a 5 star rating but maybe thats just me.....anyways I LOVE this lipstick and everyone should definitely try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by mermusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion: PERFECT red lipstick. You have to moisturize your lips first, normal lipbalm will be ok, then you put the lipstick on, and you're ready to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Ruby885

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Viva Glam I is what started my love affair with red lipstick, but Russian Red is what really solidified it. Russian Red is a really intense medium red with a bluish undertone. It's a matte finish, so it can be a little drying, even with a primer. You could always try using an lip exfoliator before applying this.

This is an awesome "evening type" lipstick. I don't like wearing it during the day time because I feel that on my olive complexion, it does seem too look way too dramatic for the office. I tend to always pair this color up with a winged cat eyeliner for that perfect subtle look.

Definitely a must have for anyone that loves reds.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Rumz

Great go to classic red lipstick, always good for that glamorous or retro look. Long lasting if slightly dry but no where near as drying as Ruby Woo. I recommend this for anyone finding it difficult to find the perfect red as I think it would suit everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this dark matte red lipstick, it is a little bit drying but that is to be expected. Looks great on my NC20 skin, this is my favorite mid/dark red.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by LadyRavenswood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An absolute MAC favs with the Ruby Woo !!
This red is just amazing, this is also a Dita Von Teese's must have.
She said she mixed it with the Girl About Town lipstick to get her amazing sexy pin up red tone.
This is a matte lipstick, so it can be a little dry, but I am still in love with it !!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by IdRatherBeDead

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in red lipstick heaven!
Russian Red speaks for itself, it's how I imagined the lipstick the women who are somehow connected to like a Russian Mafia would wear. I love the blue undertone in it! And to me it's long lasting I wore it for a good 8 hours and there was little change but it still looked amazing plus its a matte finished. I would totally recommend it to anyone 14+.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by kissy28c

I'm not a big lipstick wearer because I hate when your hair sticks to your lips... but as most MAC users know (and now me as a new MAC lover), this lipstick is matte (maybe a little too matte feeling for some) and stays on for hours with no sticking to hair. The color stays true even if some comes off. I wore this through an evening of drinks, big dinner, drinks, passing out on floor, then top of bed. Next morning? The lipstick was STILL ON! And not all over the floor and bed lol. Love, love love.