MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 1/14/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick lasts. I just got it and i used it for a good 15h. it doesn't transfer much (if i just exfoliate and don't use a lipbalm). During that 15h, i needed to reapply once, and only on the inner lips after i ate, didn't bleed even though i didn't use a lipliner. I am really impressed, am always on the hunt for a good red lip, i think i don't need to anymore, period. Goes on perfect with my NC40 skintone; makes your teeth look whiter as well, what a classy colour. x

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Russian Red is one of the best reds out there. Not as blue as Ruby Woo but not as brick as Viva Glam I. It's the perfect red that I think anyone can wear. Especially great for someone looking to welcome the unconditional love a red lipstick brings to your life. This will always be in my collection.

on 1/2/2014 1:30:00 PM

Smooth application, lasts all night. Smells great too! Love the matte look.

on 12/30/2013 5:38:00 AM

The perfect red shade. Extreme staying power! I apply this at 8am and it stays through drinks and good until I scrub it off around 7pm with no touch ups! I would recommend using a primer as it can be extremely drying if you don't and can look icky. Glides on easy and is lovable!

on 12/26/2013 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have totally bought into the matte red lip craze. I wanted an in-your-face bright red, as diva was just too burgundy. This is it. My complexion is NW45, and this red looks amazing. Do it dark-skinned ladies! I like this better than Ruby or Riri Woo.

on 12/24/2013 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After many years of avoiding wearing red lipstick, I am so happy that I came across this gem. It dries matte but applies easily without drag on the lips. I use a lip primer and liner underneath it for maximum staying power. (I don't even have to retouch after meals if I prime and line). I'd highly recommend this to other gals afraid of "red". This lippie has made me venture out of my 'pink-nude' safety net.

on 12/24/2013 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

It took me a few years before buying this cult classic but I'm glad I finally did!!! It is a little drying as it is matte lipstick, but other than that, it is perfect. I don't wear lip liner with it and without eating, it lasts me easily 4-6 hours. It never feathers, even if my foundation is at the end of its day. MAC is so accessible that it's worth heading to a counter to try!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my favourite shade of red. It is literally perfect. Russian red is one of those reds that just really add to the face and make you look beautiful with only having minimal eye make up or no eye make up on at all. I get many compliments on how gorgeous I look when wearing this, as it goes with my light brown hair, green eyes and fair skin. This shade is perfect for those who have cool undertones (like myself).The staying power of this lipstick is just phenomenal and extraordinary! It lasts about 8-10 hours before becoming dry, and even when it does become dry, you can just apply some lip balm and you're good to go :) The scent of this lipstick is yummy (it smells like vanilla sugary cookies) lol :p
The packaging is sophisticated. Yes, I'll admit, this lipstick is quite pricey, but it is soo worth it.

Overall: this lipstick is SO beautiful, looks amazing on people whom have cool undertones, and lasts a VERY long time!! If you're looking for a deep red lipstick with blue undertones and great staying power, definitely spend the extra and give this lipstick a go xx

on 12/12/2013 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

beautiful red color. i like it more than ruby woo on my skin (mac nc42). but since its matte,it can settle in your fine lines so be sure to scrub before and apply chapstick.

on 12/12/2013 6:31:00 PM

Everything I could want in a matte red lipstick - beautiful colour, ease of application, not too drying, makes teeth appear whiter, reasonable wear time. One of my favourite lipsticks

Popular Lipsticks