April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Total Effects-Fragrance Free

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Braandi

I'm 35, have olive semi-resistant skin. My primary concern has always been clogged pores. My skin LOVES this moisturizer!! I'm at the end of my 2nd bottle and will be repurchasing. I've turned my mom and sister on to it as well. It's very moisturizing and never greasy. I've tried it all and this stuff is my HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by g_82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Itís a decent moisturizer for normal/dry skin. People with oily skin may find it a tad heavy. It moisturizes nicely without being too greasy and works as a good makeup base. Leave a smooth finish once absorbed.
The pump bottle is hygienic.
However, sadly I think I had a reaction to it.
Itís not a bad moisturizer, itís just not MY moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ClassyTashie

I had been wanting to try this moisturizer for some time .Well, I fnally bought a 1.7 oz full size bottle..I've been using it religiously and the bottle is almost gone.I had been having this weird "hotness" to the left side of my face, and just could not figure out what was going on, until I didn't apply this moisturizer for a few days and the "hotness" was gone, and then applied it again and the "hotness" returned.It does something weird to my skin, almost like it pulls the blood to the surface, I will not be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

After an allergic reaction to something I applied that was fragranced, I switched all my skincare to unfragranced or for sensitive skin. I was looking for a basic moisturiser without SPF that I could use as a night cream. My grocery store only had this product that was unfragranced so I bought it believing it to be similar to the regular Total Effects. I had tried the original a couple of years ago and quite liked it. This is a great moisturiser which felt quite soothing on my parched skin. I loved the way that it moisturised without leaving a greasy film on my face, and that it didn't have the harsh chemical smell of other moisturisers. But only after three weeks use the container was empty! I didn't overapply, I actually thought I underapplied this and I never even used it every day. After the three weeks of using this, my skin felt and looked no different, Compared to Neutrogena's Intensive Night Cream (which transformed my face into smooth glowing loveliness - but I also developed a slight reaction to it) this product does nothing but moisturise. It states on the packaging that it helps the seven signs of aging, but it did nothing for me. Will not be buying again. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as my night cream, from the recommendation of the Olay website. It's nicely moisturizing and a little goes a long way. No scent at all, which is great. I love the pump packaging too. The only thing is that my skin really doesn't look much different, but it's only been about a week. Still, moisturizing and doesn't break me out is a real plus, so I'm willing to wait to see if there are results down the line. Also, this is $20, which is pretty expensive for a drugstore product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by jeni51

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ever since I started using this moisturizer, I've had weekly breakouts...I mean at least one zit per week. This has never happened to me. I'll pass on buying this stuff again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2008 4:56:00 AM More reviews by laurajane

Having heard great things about this product and seeing it favourably reviewed on Dr Baumans DSPW list, I was eager to try this out. The price and packaging are great. However, this stung my skin terribly and made my eyes water. Could only stand it for a few days before giving away to my Mum.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 2:20:00 AM More reviews by LowSelfEsteem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been using Total Effects frag- free with SPF for about 2 years...it was my first ever proper moisturizer (at age 30ish). The frag free is great for my sensitive eyes and skin. No tears! I find the consistency to be pretty good...my whole face is done with 3 drops on forehead(1) and cheeks(1 each). It gives a very subtle healthy sheen to the skin which I personally like although I find that my t zone can get a little shiny as the day progresses. Don't use the product and rely on its UV blurb to protect you from the sun...you'll still need a suncreen if you're serious about not getting burnt (speaking from experience unfortunately). I am switching to another Olay product in the regenerist range on the recommendation of another person so I'll be interested to see how that compares.
UPDATE: Gone back to this - my HG - after a bad experience with the serum. Ive just bought a new version ("gentle") so I might be jinxing myself but I really like to put a bit on when outdoors so the more the merrier and hopefully it wont sting my eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 5:28:00 AM More reviews by scentsearcher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the few moisturizers I can actually use that doesn't make my face sting like crazy, although I have noticed that it might have been reformulated to be stronger b/c now I can actually "feel" it tingling a little when I apply it, hence the four up there. (Maybe my skin has just changed?) I have been using this stuff for about 3 years and yes it's more expensive than other drugstore brands, but damn it's worth it b/c my skin is hydrated w/out breakouts or insane irritation! I could be buying something from a department store or something for 3 times as much! I've even seen this stuff recommended by a dermatologist in a magazine for redness prone skin (along w/ the Aveeno calming cleanser).
Overall, it can feel heavy if too much is applied, but it really is a pretty gentle moisturizer compared to all the other scary burning stuff out there. EDIT- HEY folks, I'm talking about the Total Effects with NO sunscreen! I use Total Effects at night, and a chemical-free sunscreen during the day. EDIT AGAIN - I'm so pissed that Olay reformulated this. It's stronger now, and causes redness where before it calmed redness. The same goes for their "sensitive" skin lotion which used to be a staple, but now causes intense redness and burning! Damn...now what?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

Disclaimer: I don't actually use the Olay version of this, but rather the ingredient-for-ingredient knockoff that CVS makes and sells for $4 cheaper, but as far as I'm concerned, it's the same product.

I'm almost 24, and my very sensitive skin likes to throw whatever issues it can think of at me; I had never before managed to find a facial moisturizer that didn't make me feel greasy, break out, have some sort of allergic reaction to, or all three. And even though I knew that it was a death sentence for my skin, facial sunscreen, too, was really not an option unless I wanted to look like I got back from the lepers' colony. But not this one! I LOVE this stuff. I've been using it for about 2 months now and so far no significant breakouts, just a few clogged pores here and there if I overapply. I'm now no longer experiencing face flaking in this cold New England weather, and I feel good knowing that I've got sunscreen on my face now considering I spend a couple of hours outside each day with my students. The price isn't phenominal on my meagre salary, but I've barely made a dent in the one bottle, and I like the pump dispenser, so it all evens out. This really is a find - I hadn't been able to use any kind of moisturizer at all and this not only works, but seems to be smoothing my skin out in general. I don't know if the anti-aging benefits are working yet as I'm still pretty young, but I plan to keep using this for awhile so hopefully I won't get many wrinkles anyway! :)