Olay Total Effects-Fragrance Free

3.7

WATER/EAU, GLYCERIN, ISOHEXADECANE, NIACINAMIDE*, DIMETHICONE, ISOPROPYL ISOSTEARATE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, SORBITAN STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, SUCROSE POLYCOTTONSEEDATE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, PANTHENOL**, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE***, STEARYL ALCOHOL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, DIMETHICONOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLPARABEN, LAURETH-7, PROPYLPARABEN, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG- 100 STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYLPARABEN, OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLATE, YELLOW 5, RED 40.

on 10/21/2008 11:54:00 PM

This is my absolute favourite moisturiser of all time. It feels light on the skin and leaves your skin feeling soft and supple. It doesn't feel oily and great for those with combination/acne prone skin. Use each time after you cleanse your face.. Although it can be a little pricey for a drugstore brand, it's definitely worth it! I tend to stock up everytime it comes on sale. Couldn't live without it!

on 9/19/2008 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I chose that I would not buy this product again, but honestly, I don't really know if I would yet. I bought this as a recommendation from Dr. Baumann's book (I'm an OSPT) for a night cream and b/c the ingredients in it are BOSS, but it's really thick if you have normal to oily/slightly oily skin like me. A little does go a long way. I put this to the side for now until I use up Murad's Perfecting Lotion (which I love!) and I'm hoping I can figure out how to make the Olay work for me since it's cheaper and has just as good ingredients as the Murad. Will update when I can.

Oh, and yes it's mad expensive for a ds product. ($18.95)

on 7/24/2008 11:21:00 AM

I'm 35, have olive semi-resistant skin. My primary concern has always been clogged pores. My skin LOVES this moisturizer!! I'm at the end of my 2nd bottle and will be repurchasing. I've turned my mom and sister on to it as well. It's very moisturizing and never greasy. I've tried it all and this stuff is my HG!

on 6/26/2008 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Itís a decent moisturizer for normal/dry skin. People with oily skin may find it a tad heavy. It moisturizes nicely without being too greasy and works as a good makeup base. Leave a smooth finish once absorbed.
The pump bottle is hygienic.
However, sadly I think I had a reaction to it.
Itís not a bad moisturizer, itís just not MY moisturizer.

on 6/18/2008 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been wanting to try this moisturizer for some time .Well, I fnally bought a 1.7 oz full size bottle..I've been using it religiously and the bottle is almost gone.I had been having this weird "hotness" to the left side of my face, and just could not figure out what was going on, until I didn't apply this moisturizer for a few days and the "hotness" was gone, and then applied it again and the "hotness" returned.It does something weird to my skin, almost like it pulls the blood to the surface, I will not be buying this product again.

on 5/5/2008 4:36:00 PM

After an allergic reaction to something I applied that was fragranced, I switched all my skincare to unfragranced or for sensitive skin. I was looking for a basic moisturiser without SPF that I could use as a night cream. My grocery store only had this product that was unfragranced so I bought it believing it to be similar to the regular Total Effects. I had tried the original a couple of years ago and quite liked it. This is a great moisturiser which felt quite soothing on my parched skin. I loved the way that it moisturised without leaving a greasy film on my face, and that it didn't have the harsh chemical smell of other moisturisers. But only after three weeks use the container was empty! I didn't overapply, I actually thought I underapplied this and I never even used it every day. After the three weeks of using this, my skin felt and looked no different, Compared to Neutrogena's Intensive Night Cream (which transformed my face into smooth glowing loveliness - but I also developed a slight reaction to it) this product does nothing but moisturise. It states on the packaging that it helps the seven signs of aging, but it did nothing for me. Will not be buying again. continued >>

on 4/30/2008 1:14:00 PM

I use this as my night cream, from the recommendation of the Olay website. It's nicely moisturizing and a little goes a long way. No scent at all, which is great. I love the pump packaging too. The only thing is that my skin really doesn't look much different, but it's only been about a week. Still, moisturizing and doesn't break me out is a real plus, so I'm willing to wait to see if there are results down the line. Also, this is $20, which is pretty expensive for a drugstore product.

on 4/7/2008 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Ever since I started using this moisturizer, I've had weekly breakouts...I mean at least one zit per week. This has never happened to me. I'll pass on buying this stuff again.

on 2/18/2008 4:56:00 AM

Having heard great things about this product and seeing it favourably reviewed on Dr Baumans DSPW list, I was eager to try this out. The price and packaging are great. However, this stung my skin terribly and made my eyes water. Could only stand it for a few days before giving away to my Mum.

on 12/30/2007 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using Total Effects frag- free with SPF for about 2 years...it was my first ever proper moisturizer (at age 30ish). The frag free is great for my sensitive eyes and skin. No tears! I find the consistency to be pretty good...my whole face is done with 3 drops on forehead(1) and cheeks(1 each). It gives a very subtle healthy sheen to the skin which I personally like although I find that my t zone can get a little shiny as the day progresses. Don't use the product and rely on its UV blurb to protect you from the sun...you'll still need a suncreen if you're serious about not getting burnt (speaking from experience unfortunately). I am switching to another Olay product in the regenerist range on the recommendation of another person so I'll be interested to see how that compares.
UPDATE: Gone back to this - my HG - after a bad experience with the serum. Ive just bought a new version ("gentle") so I might be jinxing myself but I really like to put a bit on when outdoors so the more the merrier and hopefully it wont sting my eyes!