OPI Drip Dry

4.3

Disiloxane (a type of silicone), Dimethicone (another type of silicone), Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba seed oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

on 11/1/2008 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After reading all the great reviews on this, I thought I'd give it a try. Maybe I just got a bad bottle or something, but I'm really disappointed. It does make nails dry to the touch quickly, but the color underneath doesn't dry and it just ends up all gummy. I've used it several times with brand new polish and older polish, thicker coats and thinner coats, waiting at least 10 minutes after I apply topcoat and I get the same results. Gummy polish that smudges after two days. Will not repurchase. continued >>

I didn't even know this type of nail products exist until a girlfriend introduced me!

Fabulous product and worth every penny for girls who love thick coats of polish so that they're more even on the nail.

I have a habit of painting my nails late at night after a long day and a warm shower. However, every morning I find myself with the dreaded bedsheet prints all my nails.

I tend to use higher end polishes and this product just saved every manicure I give myself by drying it super fast. I still like to be careful for about 30 minutes after applcation, but I no longer need to just stand there with my fingers pointed out! Highly Recommanded for those who are still considering!

on 10/12/2008 9:29:00 PM

I paid about $14 CDN for the drip dry & a free OPI nailpolish [Magala Wine]. I tried to out with a new nailpolish and it did as was claimed, no smearing, smudging, no nothing. I have yet to use this with a more thicker, gloopyer nailpolish, but I have reason to believe it will work just the same. I also like how it seemed to moisturize my cuticles which is a plus. I just read from other reviews about their product evapourating because they kept the dropper cap on it rather than replacing it with the screw top cap, and I'm about to go replace mine! Overall, good product (:

on 9/29/2008 2:42:00 AM

I never really believed that these type of products worked until decided to try this one.

Here's why I decided to splurge and buy these awesome-working drops: I found an essie color that I fell in love with (Gucci Muchi Pucci). Basically, the polish never dried. It would smudge even the next day. No matter how careful I was not to apply too much, or who did it, (I had paid for a mani/pedi) it never dried.

Refusing to give up the color that wouldn't dry, I saw OPI Dry Drops at Trade secret, and decided to buy it not having high expectations. Well let me just tell you that it WORKS! I did a quick manicure when I got home and didn't mean to, but I laid the polish on pretty thick, then the top coat and 3 drops on each nail, and within five minutes it was dry (for the first time)! Of course I let it sit for like 15 minutes more without moving and the polish completely set.

Another benefit, your manicure will last much longer. I know it's the drops because I have been using the same base and top coat for a while, and they work okay, but my manicure lasts perfectly almost a whole week with no chips now that I use the dry drops. I take notice to this because my hands are always in water due to my line of work and nothing works to last this long. I guess it just sets them in and seals the paint really well.

I was really happy with this product. It does what it claims and keeps your manicure longer. It's worth the $12 and when I run out I will most definitely replace it.

on 4/13/2008 8:14:00 AM

This is wonderful stuff! So many products promise what they can't deliver, but as other reviewers have commented, Drip Dry actually does what it's supposed to! I'm not sure why one of the previous reviewers had such problems applying this - you don't paint it on like other nail treatment products, you just wait one minute after you've applied your nail polish, then apply a drop or two of Drip Dry to the surface of each nail with the glass dropper provided. Easy! Your nailpolish will be touch dry in 60 seconds, and completely dry in 5 mintues. Perfect for people like me who have no paitence for watching paint dry. Expensive? Yes. Worth the price? YES

PS - you must replace the screw-on cap while not in use, or it will evaporate.

on 2/28/2008 1:07:00 AM

No false advertising here; the product does as it says! I always do my nails at night and even if I wait two hours before going to bed, I would wake up with a smudged manicure, but not with DripDry.
It is hideously expensive (18.50 euros), but worth it since I don't have to redo my nails every two days.

on 12/4/2007 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i got this w. espresso ur style. it came in a package together at ulta. total was about 12-after tax, so after deducting the polish 7.50 i paid about 4.50 for it. i dont know how much it usually retails for. supposedly it 'was a good deal' cuz they came together-whatever. i didtn know how to apply cuz there was no instructions on the plastic box and there was no dropper or brush. i tried using a brush- totally smeared my polish. i tried to 'drip'some on-got all over the place. so i just put my finger on bottle top and turn around quickly so i can get a little on my finger and then smear it on my nails. yeah it dries ok and doesnt stink, but they need to figure out a better way to apply this. its ridiculous. will not repurchase. ugh.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is great! I recommend this over any of the quick dry sprays. I got mine at Trade Secret and got a free top coat with it. I will purchase again!

on 4/23/2007 11:30:00 PM

This does exactly what i says, it dries the nails in a good 2 minutes, it's great BUT it's expensive. sucks.

on 4/18/2007 8:21:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this!! I love drip dry! It really does dry polish, even thick layers, quite quickly, and the oily formula seems to moisturize my cuticles a little too! I agree with others, the price is a tad high, and honestly, I went through my small bottle quite quickly. I love it MUCH more than all the quick dry topcoats I've used though, and with this I can use Creative Shiney, which is my favorite topcoat for long lasting and shiny manicures (but which usually drys soooooo slowly). I will definitely buy this again and again.

Popular Polishes