Urban Decay Half Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore Half Baked! It's the most perfect pure gold color. It really compliments brown eyes. I usually can't wear gold because it looks weird on me but Half Baked is the exception. I got this in the Sustainable Shadow Box and now the Vegan Palette. I got the Vegan Palette a month ago and I'm almost out of Half Baked, I use it a ton. The only downside is it's expensive for a single eyeshadow ($17) but it's totally worth it and I'm going to buy the single when I'm all out. Love it!

on 2/5/2011 3:57:00 PM

gorgeous gold shimmery colour, the perfect gold really, i wear with 'woodwinked' mac which looks amaze!

reasonably priced at 18 euro, lasts for ages, great pigments, love love love!!!!

on 2/2/2011 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My first "exposure" to Half Baked eyeshadow was in the Naked Palette, which was my first experience (and a positive one) with Urban Decay shadows.

Half Baked is a lovely rich gold colour and while it looks frosty and almost florescent in the pan, it applies smoothly and imparts a beautiful sheen, rather than gaudy-looking frost or glitter. It looks so nice on the lid, with a darker, matte shade in the crease (though I've recently seen it used with a dark colour on the lid and this in/above the crease - the pic for it is at the top of the reviews for the Naked palette).

Basically, this shadow is what I wanted Woodwinked to be, minus the annoying tendency to turn orange on me. So if you are someone who has tried Woodwinked and returned it or given up on it because it went orange on you, do consider giving Half Baked a try. It will make your eyes sparkle!

on 2/1/2011 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows. It's such a nice neutral gold color, not too yellow, not too orangey, just right. It goes on smoothly and on me it doesn't crease at all even without primer. Love it!!

on 2/1/2011 12:20:00 AM

This color is one of the ones in the Naked Palette and I have done soo many looks with this color! It is the perfect golden, shimmery neutral ever!!! This is one of those colors that look good on EVERYBODY. I will definitely be buying this once i hit pan on the palette. This is a must on everyone's kit!

on 2/1/2011 12:13:00 AM

This is such a pretty goldish color. It's one of my favorites to used. You just can't go wrong with this!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Half Baked is THE perfect gold. Many gold tones tend to be too dramatic or just yellow- but this is an absolutely gorgeous gold tone that is wearable for day or night. I use it with MAC's bare canvas paint as a base and it lasts all day, it has truly become one of my signature colors. It also looks awesome on my green eyes.

Pros:
-Amazing colour
-Smooth
-Super pigmented
-Lasts for a long time, even without a primer

Cons:
-None that I can think of!

Packaging:
I have Twice Baked in a few palettes, so I don't have to single version. I do, however, think Urban Decay's eyeshadow packaging is quite practical, just a simple flip-top lid.

Price:
Like I mentioned earlier, I recieved this in various palettes. But Urban Decay's eyeshadow's are in the $18-20 range, and even though it's expensive, the quality is outstanding.

Overall:
Urban Decay's Twice Baked is an amazing gold that I use often. It is great quality, and I would buy again.

on 1/30/2011 3:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Such a stunning color on my NW20 skin tone! It has a nice bronzy/gold coloring, and goes sooo perfectly with twice baked! Try it, try it!

on 1/30/2011 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'd never have thought that shimmery metallic gold would be a good idea for me but this is one of the only wearable shades I've discovered in Urban Decay's sustainable shadow box. Its drama is subtle - no annoying clumps of glitter here - and while it looks better on my skin for evening wear I see no reason why it shouldn't be worn in the day. It is metallic, but the effect is very soft. It's a slightly warmer colour than I'd expect to get away with but I do, and I suspect the shade would be flattering to most. It lasts well - I know it will still be there giving my lids a dewy, luminous glow to the early hours. And my eyes, which are grey, suddenly look cornflower blue!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products