July 26, 2014 | 1714 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by angelaustin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first became curious about Viva Glam V when I saw how often it had won Reader's Choice and Editor's Choice Awards from Allure Magazine. When I finally had the chance to try it for myself, I quickly learned why it has been such a favorite. It's the perfect "nude rose" shade; close to the same color as my own lips but better. The gold shimmer is perfect - not frosty at all. This has become my go-to lipstick. In fact, I find myself paring down my lipstick collection slowly but surely. I just don't feel the need to have so many anymore, especially since I've found such a perfect shade. I also have Viva Glam VI, which to me is just a darker shade of V. If I never had any other lipsticks but these two for the rest of my life, I think I'd be just fine. For light to medium skin, this is just a perfect, understated shade. It will remain a staple in my makeup kit forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick! This was the very first MAC lipstick I ever bought and now I'm on my fourth tube (and I had never finished up any other lipstick before). It's a beautiful neutral pink color with a bit of gold shimmer. It's really a color that could look good on anyone. For reference, I'm NW25. Even though it's a lustre formula, it's not as silky-feeling as some of the others. It almost has a grittier texture to it. However it's not annoying or troublesome enough to prevent me from wearing it. Since it's part of the Viva Glam family, it has a light vanilla smell/taste to it which is heavenly. I definitely recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by hankbuddy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first Mac lipstick - wanted my natural lip color only better so that I could wear it anytime with anything. It's great. I do find it a bit drying though and that sucks. Need to apply gloss which unfortunately changes the color. So I like it - but won't repurchase - can't wait to try out other mac lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by ashleybaybay

My first MAC lipstick and I think I love the texture and smell! The color is okay...I mean its nothing AMAZING...really it just looks like an even layer of my own lip color with small sparkles that make the lipstick look shimmery/frosty. I don't think I would buy this color again since it'll take me awhile to finish this one...and I want to try new colors. But I think for my first MAC lipstick, it wasn't too bad :)
It's on the "natural"side, not so much nude nude. Good everyday color!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by bbluvsmac

it is the perfect lipstick!! beautifull color, long lasting, good price, good smell. 10 out of 10 in my book!!!!!!!! will always repurchase. :]

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by maryandtheboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you are NC/NW15-20 and would like a beautiful natural nude (not too pink, not too pale, not orange, not brown) then YOU NEED THIS LIPSTICK!. It's so wearable for everyday looks (YLBB). A beautiful lustre finish that doesn't dry out the lips. The only reason it's not 5 lippies for me is because of the scent...not so keen on vanilla/scented lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by golden_chain2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so happy with the lipstick. I have fair skin with pink undertones and find it hard to find a neutral. I tend to end up with a lot of light pinks. However, this really is a beautiful true neutral for me. It is such a sophisticated neutral. Definitely not too peachy or orange on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ForestLobster

A makeup artist gave this color to me stating it would be a great natural and easily wearable lip color, and boy was she correct! It makes my lips look prettier but I do not look "made up" while wearing it. My skin tone is pale with cool undertones, and after applying a small amount of lip balm, I use this lip color whenever I want to look more pulled together and to have my lips look healthy and radiant. It gives just the perfect amount of color that evokes a youthful aesthetic with my coloring. I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by fairy24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful color and is so natural! It gives a nice look without being too over the top. While MAC lipsticks are expensive (for college students at least), the viva glams go to a GREAT cause so I'll fork over $15 any day for this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by liveinbeauty

I don't find myself reaching for this as often as I do other lipsticks but I haven't really given it a chance to grow on me yet ahha. But it is a nice colour. And all the proceeds go to the AIDS/HIV fund which I think is awesome. It's definitely a crowd favourite and I'm sure it'll grow on me as well. Would repurchase. It goes toward a good cause!