MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It looks like previous reviewers have taken the words right out of my mouth. This lipstick, for me, is "like my natural lip colour - but better!" It makes for a nice neutralish pink lipstick for when I don't want too much emphasis on my lips. It adds a bit of a glossy look, but not bold. I could bounce back and forth between "Viva Glam V" and "Crosswires" and my magenta-coloured lipstick and I think I'd be set. I'm really glad that I purchased this lipstick. It's a classic. It never lets me down.

on 7/18/2011 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I am NW44 so this is a nude lippie for me. I LOVE IT! Plus it has shine so I really don't feel the need to put lipgloss over it. It's perfectly nude and I don't need lipliner or lipglass if I don't want to add it or don't have time. I do want the matching lipglass because I don't want to change the color on this lipstick in any way. I also looked up what Viva Glam does when you buy a lipstick or lipglass and my $14.50 goes a loooong way. MAC rocks!

on 7/14/2011 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I loveloveloveee this lipstick! It's my everyday color if I put on any make up. The color is like my lip color, but better. It's a nice neutral pink color. I hardly ever wear lip gloss (I wouldn't want to anyways, I'm not the biggest lip gloss fan) over this because it already has a little bit of gold shimmer, so it's perfect :) I'm sure almost everyone would be able to rock this color.

on 7/11/2011 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

BACKGROUND INFO: I'm one of those people who prefer drugstore makeup over department store makeup. Mainly because since I'm a college student, I can't really afford MAC products (even though I know they work really, really good). I do own a couple department store beauty products, but for the most part, they're all drugstore stuff.

QUALITY: The best! Immediately upon applying this lipstick, it feels creamy, smooth, and heavenly! It applies really evenly and smooth on my lips. It doesn't chap my lips like most lip colors do (but then again, it may just be because I always wear my beloved Neutrogena Norwegian-Formula Lip Moisturizer underneath it). Of course, me being a sloppy lipstick applier, I always need to wear a lip liner.

COLOR: I absolutely love this shade! Everybody compliments me when I wear it--several people have already told me that "That's your color" (as if I didn't already know, lol!!!) and "That color looks great on you!!!". And, believe me, nothing could be more true! But, truth be told, this is actually a color that looks great on anyone. The pinky-mauve makes it wearable on any skin color, and wearable on any occassion (whether it be school, a party, or even the club). Also, I love the subtle shimmer! I hate the look of lip gloss, and I hate the look of matte lips--this lipstick provides the perfect degree of shimmer.

PACKAGING: Eh...The design of the tube isn't really special (it's the classic MAC lipstick tube; the only difference is instead of a silver rim, it's red), but it's really hardy. It never breaks or snaps, and the twisty thingy never gives me any trouble either. But still, for $14, I'd expect something more convenient or spectacular.

PRICE: Well, I already told you guys that I'm a college student on a major budget (I always buy drugstore makeup for that reason). This lipstick is kind of expensive...It's worth more like $10 than $14, but I guess that's what I should expect for a high-end lipstick.

REPURCHASE? Yes, but at checkout, I'll be hesitating when I hand over one of my beloved twenty dollar bills...

on 7/7/2011 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Honestly I hate to say this but I dont like this lipstick . Its a little too dark to be a nude and a lot too weirdly coloured( if that makes sense ) to be a pink. No doubt this is a gorgeous colour but if you have somewhat pigmented lips like me this doesnt work. It basically just makes my lips look like a rosey brown frost. Maybe its because im so young? I think this is more of a mature colour. I could see someone wearing this to work who wants a barely their mature looking wash of colour to their lips. Honestly i would not repurchase but its a good quality lipstick.

on 7/7/2011 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to edit my review on this because it has become my favorite lipstick!! I've always stuck to nudes and light pinks because I thought they looked best on me but this lipstick is amazing! Its not too dark, which I really like. It brightens up my face and has a slight shimmer to it. I don't even need a gloss with it and it's very moisturizing. It's not one of those obvious lipsticks. It just looks natural and pretty. I would definitely repurchase this now! I may even go and buy the lip gloss now

on 7/7/2011 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this lipstick with the Holiday 2010 Vivaglam V Lip Bag since all proceeds go to the aids foundation and because the shade is universally flattering.

No doubt it is a lovely nude. I love that it looks so "not made up".

I am going to be in the minority here since most people rave about it. But this shade with its frost makes my face look dull and not bright like some other lipsticks. I try and add a hint of a pink lipstick to enhance the effect. The other thing I do not like is the way it applies. I do not find it soft. And I feel the frost, while not chunky, is a tad bit gritty on my lips. The LE - Made To Order lipstick had the same texture. most are not bothered by it, but to me, its not fun.

It is a great everyday color. But overall, I was not blown away. I don't see many people talking about it but I prefer the Loreal range of nudes on my kind of skin tone.

on 7/6/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why did I just discover this?! Such a gorgeous unique color! It's a rosey nude with gold shimmer but since its a lustre finish it comes out pretty sheer and light. It adds just a hint of rose to my lips and the shimmer is sooo pretty! It's kind of like a light weight non sticky gloss..but with less shiny-ness? If that makes sense haha. But honestly, try this color out. It works on everyone!

on 6/14/2011 11:04:00 PM

I first became curious about Viva Glam V when I saw how often it had won Reader's Choice and Editor's Choice Awards from Allure Magazine. When I finally had the chance to try it for myself, I quickly learned why it has been such a favorite. It's the perfect "nude rose" shade; close to the same color as my own lips but better. The gold shimmer is perfect - not frosty at all. This has become my go-to lipstick. In fact, I find myself paring down my lipstick collection slowly but surely. I just don't feel the need to have so many anymore, especially since I've found such a perfect shade. I also have Viva Glam VI, which to me is just a darker shade of V. If I never had any other lipsticks but these two for the rest of my life, I think I'd be just fine. For light to medium skin, this is just a perfect, understated shade. It will remain a staple in my makeup kit forever!

on 5/26/2011 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this lipstick! This was the very first MAC lipstick I ever bought and now I'm on my fourth tube (and I had never finished up any other lipstick before). It's a beautiful neutral pink color with a bit of gold shimmer. It's really a color that could look good on anyone. For reference, I'm NW25. Even though it's a lustre formula, it's not as silky-feeling as some of the others. It almost has a grittier texture to it. However it's not annoying or troublesome enough to prevent me from wearing it. Since it's part of the Viva Glam family, it has a light vanilla smell/taste to it which is heavenly. I definitely recommend this product.

Popular Lipsticks