NARS Gilda

4.4

on 3/14/2009 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am a newly reformed NARS and Blush addict. I chose this color because I am a huge fan of coral, peachie pinks. I am nc45 for reference. I really like that NARS have matte blushes which is a nice option for those who are affraid of shimmer or glitters. This color gives me a natural sun kissed flush and isn't insanly pigmented and you can't really go crazy with this that it will make you look sunburned. (If your a bit darker that is). Overall great blush

on 3/14/2009 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this blush -- it's a perfect, natural, matte shade for me (MAC NC40-42). It's versatile -- not so heavily pigmented that I have to worry about brushes/lighting causing me to over-apply it (although I still have to be careful! As I tend to have this problem a lot, I actually think it might be me, not the blushes. Maybe.)

Anyway, Gilda is a lovely colour that imparts a natural peachy look. When applied well, I think people tend not to even notice that I'm wearing any blush -- which is ideal, really. Love it :)

For reference, I'm of Indian/South Asian background,
- MAC - NC 40-42,
- Stila "f-g",
- Nars: "Balanced Barcelona"
- Laura Mercier - oil-free tinted moisturiser in Sand (my current daily face!)
xx

Unfortunately, this is too orange for me. In some lighting, it is ok, but in others, I look like I rubbed spaghetti sauce on my face - like my two year old. In my bathroom, it just makes my face look brighter and I love it. I think I need something a little less orange - maybe more brown. Just not a colour for a fair girl like me. Maybe good in the summer....I sooooo wanted to like this blush! Especially since I ordered it sight unseen from the NARS website....

on 2/7/2009 9:31:00 PM

I love this blush. I am an NC50 I wasnt too adventurous to try Taj Mahal since it looked too orange to me. Gilda was the perfect blend of peach and prange to give the exact peach glow that looks natural.
I love the fact that it is a matte blush with no shimmer at all.
Definitely got to try this!

on 2/5/2009 10:02:00 PM

Gilda is very nice coral/peachy color that suites my fair skin. No need to mention that it's very pigment. I read all the reviews before I went and got it and every reviewer told to be very cariful when applying because of how pigment blush is. I thought to myself: How bad it can be it just a blush... Well, it can be bad( I found out after the first application) however, with a light hand the color is refreshing and beautiful . Also, it last most of the day. Good buy.

on 1/28/2009 3:10:00 PM

It is the perfect peachy and pink mix, I have been looking for this combination for a while. It complements my NC 25 asian skin tone. The only thing I dont like about it is that it doesnt stay on, I have to reapply every 3 hours, maybe I applied it too light handed.

on 11/28/2008 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Disclaimer: Brand names do not move me, I am not a name brand whore. I want products that WORK.

This one works. Pretty color (as described in many reviews here), pretty packaging, color stays all day. BUT so does my Almay, Revlon, CG, Phys. Formula, Prestige blushers.... um, you get my point. If 25 bangers is too much for your wallet for a blusher, don't sweat it. You can get just as good in the local drug store. My Almay peach #130 (2-3usd biglots) is a dead dupe for gilda. Almay looks like it has tiny sparklies in the pan but on the skin, still a smoking twin for Gilda.

In closing, yes, the hype is true, it's a nice product but you can get just as good for a few dollars.
Would not repurchase because of price. T'aint necessary.

on 10/28/2008 1:40:00 AM

Awesome....I love this blush. I bought three in one go and I love all of them. I got this, Dolce Vita and Mounia. Each one has to be applied with a light hand though, as these blushes are so pigmented. They blend in so easily though, so you don't really ever look like you've PUT blush on, just that you've got a healthy colour on you. I think if you want to treat yourself with a blush, get a nars blush. They're wonderful.

on 10/17/2008 4:21:00 PM

As all NARS blushes, they feel silky when you put them all, and are very pigmented. This color is very coral, with a hint of orange and very little pink in it. It's great for nude makeups or a year-around and all-occasion blush. I personally like a little more pink in my blush (like Orgasm, but without the sparkles), but this looks good either layered on to get a tanned cheek, or dusted on to put a little color.
PS. I love the NARS packaging.

on 8/19/2008 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to blush - it's the perfect peachy shade for any season, no matter how winter-pale or tanned my skin is. It's extremely buildable - the pigment is rich, so it can get very vivid - and it feels so silky that I can't even feel it on my face. Very expensive, but I've only had to buy it once, and I've had mine for at least two years now.. plus, it looks so good that I really don't need to look for anything new.

Popular Blush Products