December 22, 2014 | 1578 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very easy to use teddy-bear, fat brush. Very good size tube for storage in purse, etc. Great volume and decent length for my very sparse and short lashes. Lasts well on me. (A lot of waterproofs end up coming off on my oily lids.) This layers nicely, esp when I lightly comb in between coats. Good price.

CONS: This will not give enough length for some. Get's pretty clumpy when trying to layer. The formula is quite different from the regular version.

APPLICATION TIPS: I like to comb this lightly between layers. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler.

ALTERNATES: For lots of volume and good length, I like Jordana's Volumizing Mascara and Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. My favorite for length/volume is Milani's Runway Lashes (covered by Clarins Double Fix.) The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by emstx

I'm pretty new to mascara as I think they often turn out to be the same formula in different bottles or what have you. However, I love this mascara. It has a very light weight formula, although it does not feel like you're not wearing mascara, it's just lighter and my lashes feel more flexible than with other mascaras.

As for the waterproof claim, I'm going to go ahead and say that's false. I mean, it won't run if you have a few drops of water on you, but you cannot take a shower and expect it not to run and give you raccoon eyes. Despite this, I feel that it's still very versatile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

First and foremost, this mascara is only seven bucks! And itís carried in most drugstores nationwide. This gem may not be in a pretty hot pink tube, with girly neon colors, it may not have vibrating brushes or fancy flashing lights, however this mascara is SOLID... and I do not leave the house without a tube in my aersenol (I have 4 tubes total).

Full ĎN Soft Waterproof also does all of the things I want a mascara to do ó adding length and separation to my lashes while holding a curl, so that I look wide awake (even when Iím not).

Full ĎN Soft doesnít flake, smudge or run, I dont get bumps or clumps... just smooth, evenly coated lashes, which means I get control over how my lashes look. This is a must with mascara... you should always be in control and be able to minipulate the product you are working with, this is the beauty of makeup.

Another thing I really like about this mascara is how well it layers. When I want them to look natural, like for the beach, I just apply one or two layers for that feathery, separated look. Or when Iím craving something more dramatic, Iíll do three or four. With this being said, no matter how many layers, how much drama, or where I am and what I am doing- this mascara stays put and looks beautiful all day long.

My results with this mascara are consistently great, which is why I always have a tube of it with me. If you have not tried this, I urge you to do so. This mascara gives the look of a high end product with a drug store price. What more could you ask for?

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by MeganW1793

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has slowly become one of my go to mascaras. I've tried multiple other drug store brands and they have all smudged, clumped, or flaked on me and they wouldn't hold a curl very well at all. This is the best drug store find I have come across in a while. It doesn't clump or get flakey on me, and the waterproof formula works wonders in my case. (Yes, I've cried multiple times while wearing this, no smudges or lines) It's not super voluminous, but it is easily build-able without clumping. It does add length as well though my lashes are decently long naturally so that wasn't a big deal for me. It dries pretty quickly which is great since it holds a curl pretty much all day. This mascara is a great everyday mascara that can be layered easily for a more dramatic night out look if needed. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Great natural looking waterproof mascara. Good for if you're going to get sweaty or get in the water.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Eniemarie0214

Amazing. I just got this today after reading all the glowing reviews and this mascara is amazing. I paid about $7 for it at target and put it on right when I got home. It separates every lash. No clumps!! I didn't know a mascara could really do that. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: I've worn it for a few days without a base, not in particularly dry or humid weather, and it's held up just as well.
*Keep in mind that I'm reviewing this while wearing Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base underneath. All of my mascara reviews are with a base.*
I was impressed with this mascara when I wasn't expecting to be-- I've tried a couple drugstore brands and haven't liked them at all. The main reasons why I'm drawn to this one is the softness and separation it gives. I don't ever go for formulas advertised as volumizing because they have always clumped on me to some degree and I definitely don't need the extra step in the morning of combing through my lashes. This one is the exception: the formula is smooth and nearly impossible to clump, even at three coats, and builds volume nicely while keeping lash ends tapered. I love that it has a traditional bristle brush as they seem to be growing more rare. I'd say dries to a middle-of-the-road black: darker than Lancome but lighter than YSL. My lashes also stay very soft throughout the day. I was kind of excited when I finished applying because I almost appeared to be wearing false lashes, since they're on the sparse side when bare.
However, I wish that it lengthens as well as it separates and volumizes, and that the brush was a bit smaller to make reaching small hairs easier. When I pull the applicator out of the tube, blobs of product collect at the very base of the brush-- it doesn't affect perfomance but it gets the rim a little messy as I use it each day. The pigmentation is nothing to complain about, but move along if you're looking for that elusive, deep-space black (and tell me when you find it!). While the mascara is easy to wash off with warm water, some say that it tends to smudge during wear. I haven't had a problem with this due to my mascara base having a slight waterproofing effect, but the vitamin E is probably what causes it to smudge. I haven't experienced how well it holds up with sweat or heat, but I'll update if you care to check back. I can't say I'll repurchase because Maybelline does test on animals.
Overall, I rate this mascara as equal to or better than some of the high-end ones I've used for years. At $9 a tube, it performs beyond its price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by arclightlux

I love this mascara as I find it's a great match for straight stubborn lashes like the ones I have. The waterproof version sets quickly and thus locks in a curl very well. It's not a very volumizing formula, but it's a good daily mascara for school or work that doesn't scream "I work at MAC!" (no offense) but still gives fuller lashes. Minus one lippie because the waterproof version smudged slightly on me and it was still a b to remove -_- However, that was after a nearly 10 hour day walking around campus and it wasn't to the point of raccoon eyes, just some grey shadow under my bottom lashes. I don't expect makeup to last perfectly and not budge no matter what so it's not a huge deal to me. Even though it's harder to remove, the non waterproof version doesn't hold a curl as well, so on days when I feel I'll have more time for makeup removal I stick with this waterproof version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't the best mascara I've ever used but good for the price and I'd pick it up again in a pinch. I bought it to tide me over until I can reorder my usual Lights Camera Splashes. It gives a nice soft fringe that's great for casual everyday wear but it took three coats for me to be satisfied with it. The brush is a little too soft and feels like it has a hard time grabbing my lashes. I wish the bristles were a bit firmer but this is a nice cheap option for casual looks and does hold a curl longer than my usual mascara. I can't comment on how this holds up in the water yet but I live in a warm humid climate so buy I WP to avoid smudging. I've had no issues with that so far. Not for someone looking for dramatic lashes for sure but for $5 it's good for everyday.