Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

3.5

Water Purified, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/11/2009 4:31:00 PM

I purchased this product after trying some sample sachets. I love this cream as it is exactly what it says on the jar - a hydrating cream - and it makes the application of concealer and foundation under the eye area much easier and less crepey. No fancy scientific names or ridiculous claims.

I have tried many eye creams over the years and I still have dark circles, fine lines and my lids aren't as firm as they used to be so now I am starting to think that the most you can hope for from an eye cream is that it will keep your eye area hydrated - and this does exactly that.

I have only recently converted to Bobbi Brown skincare after being a BB cosmetic fan for quite some time and I love the range. Beautifully simple. Will definitely be trying the new Eye Repair Cream.

on 12/4/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another HG product for me (my other is the Hydrating Face Cream).

In my long quest to find product that didn't brurn/sting my skin or make it feel like an oil slick I can accross this little eye cream and gave it a whirl.

It's the perfect cream if you are looking for a lite eye cream that has a touch of built-in primer and to add a little moisture to your eye area. I use it year round, every mornign and some nights (when I remember to moisturise). It really make a huge differnece to have it on when I am patting on some concealer or foundation. The fndtn seems to blend much better and melt into the area and not be as noticeable. Also, the fine lines seems to be less noticeable. I personally thick it's because of that primer aspect to it, as opposed to it actyually reducing wrinkles. At night, I adds that extra barrier to my skin to keep it moisturized and help it fend off ageing (not reverse).

This is not a cream if you are in dire need of extra moisture. Pssst! Bobbi has finally come out with a Eye Repair Cream that is just that. :)
Nor do I think this is a de-puffer or will help with dark circles (I had this problem and finally got filler for my TTs).

on 11/22/2009 12:50:00 PM

I bought this product about a year ago based on the good reviews on Makeupalley but I have barely used it. I was initially pleased by the fact that it doesn't sting the under eye area but when I use it straight after cleansing it starts to sting and I don't have the time in the morning to wait around before I apply it. It doesnt do anything for under eye circles and does not do anything to prevent the signs of ageing. It's not as creamy as I would expect an eye cream to be and just slides on and doesn't feel comforting. It has not done much to 'improve' the under eye area merely just moisturises 'a bit'. I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/22/2009 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I gave this a try - it is completely ineffective - it does not live up to its claims, and does have a bit of a sting - unacceptable for around the eyes. Origins Eye Doctor is far better than this product - I used it for years, and I think that I am reaping the benefits now. I'll go back to slathering Creme de la mer all over my face - and in my eyes - no sting, and benefits galore.

on 11/22/2009 12:34:00 PM

I'm shocked by all the bad reviews on here! I heart this product! It's a little bit pricey for a small tub but I've had mine for about 6 months and I think I've still got about another month left before I need to buy a new one. It was sold to me by the MUA as a moisturiser/primer and I'm very impressed by its use as the latter. My skin around the eye area is quite dry and when I use this my concealer stays put all day (I work in a steamy kitchen and spend half of my day running around, I can be a little sweaty by the end of a shift so this is quite an accomplishment). The packaging is quite simple but it's nice and easy to get into the product. Maybe there are better products out there but until I find one I'll be sticking with this.

on 11/15/2009 9:33:00 PM

For such a spendy eye cream I expected way more. It did make my undereye area feel soft and smooth but didn't absorb well. It also burned like the dickens every time I tried it--maybe the witch hazel? Back it went....

on 10/23/2009 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was the worst eye cream I have ever tried. Completely allergic to it. My eyes puffed up red, and my inner eye got bloodshot. This happened every time I went to put it on. I left it a couple of weeks... same thing happened yesterday. I'm throwing it in the trash. What a waste of money!

on 10/14/2009 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm afraid I have to give this one the thumbs down. I wanted to like it--because I'd heard good things--but I just have to disagree with the raves. The biggest problem for me was stinging all around my eye area after application. It would subside fairly quickly, but it's not a sensation I want with eye cream. Second, I don't think the packaging is any good -- ie you have to dip your finger into the jar. Third, this did not work well before applying makeup. My concealer didn't go on smoothly and I got a sort of clumping of it shortly after I put it on (and it's a goodie -- By Terry). All in all, a real disappointment for me.

on 9/27/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have been using this product for the past few weeks since the skin in my eye area felt dehydrated and I already have all the depuff, rid lines blah blah blah creams... I just want good moisture around my eyes to lessen the effects of life and daily environmental stress.

I love this cream. It does what I want and no more.. and my skin is looking better every day with use. Too, I know that once I stop using it, I will have drier skin so I will repurchase.

I find the price a bit high so I won't give a 5 lipper... but I would repurchase this.

on 9/26/2009 12:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I got a sample of this with the corrector/concealer kit thing with the powder. The kit is really great, this was given to me to serve as a base for that. Initially I thought it was doing a great job, and was a little greasy. I am not too demanding of an eye cream. One day I forgot it. I noticed no diffrerence in the staying power of my concealer, or the hydration of my skin. I tried using it one day, not using it the next and ultimately this just had zero effect for me.