April 18, 2014 | 1910 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by kcd27

If you apply this product on a bare face, it does not blend in well and its hard to rub in and it looks too strong of a makeup (not natural). However, if you apply this over moisturizer, IT IS AMAZING!!! The results are an extremely natural and dewy complexion. I have been searching for years for a foundation that looks natural so that noone can tell that im wearing makeup...I finally found this!! The naked 300 color matches my skin tone PERFECTLY!! And although it doesnt clear breakouts (it's not supposed to, its just supposed to prevent breakouts), it does a really good job at preventing breakouts, I havn't gotten any acne from this and I have VERY acne prone skin. All in all, I love this product its my HG foundation because: It looks and feels natural, matches my skin tone, and doesnt make me break out....this is the best

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by abeautyrioter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I have combination skin. I have a very oily t-zone, and normal cheeks. I have a hard time with foundations irritating my skin or feeling heavy. I've had a nasty breakout on my cheeks for almost a year already from using Revlon Colorstay :[ It's scarred, so I've slowly been trying to fade it. This foundation is perfect, and exactly what I'm looking for. I have shade 300 Naked, and it blends in great and looks fresh all day. I use a highlighting brush to blend it into my skin, and I set it with the matching pressed powder in Light. This lasts me for about four straight hours without any touch-ups, that's great for me versus other drugstore foundations that seem to melt as soon as I put them on. This is a good all-season makeup. I do have some problems with it clumping up in my dry skin areas, but that's nothing a weekly scrub can't fix. Love the pump, so much more sanitary! It blends smoothly, blurs my blemishes, and doesn't break me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Misia2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product!!! I have acne and it was so hard for me to cover it. But then one day my mom bought this for me and I tried it out and i was surprised! It matched my skin color but also covered the acne!I swear it helped with my acne! I've been using it for a month and I either get a small zit or have none. I still have acne scars but their going down! Thank God!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by ArcticaSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm currently suffering from adult acne that so I decided to try a foundation that is for blemish skin.

This foundation is good that even though you may have dry skin ( from acne medication, etc), after a few moments of putting this foundation on, I find that my dry skin areas become less noticeable. Which is why this is my go to foundation if ever I'm having a bad skin day. I'm still trialing this out to see if it will cause breakouts on me- slightly nervous about having salicylic acid being one of its ingredients.
I also tend to get oily in the afternoon, and I find that this foundation lasts throughout the day to the evening and I don't look oily at all at the end of the day (granted I do use powder afterwards)

Colourwise- I have this in ivory and under certain lights it looks great on my skin... but I find that in other light conditions, my face can look a bit orange which makes me paranoid sometimes...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by jbrago

I bought this foundation on a complete whim while in Walgreens (the newer pump version). I have been struggling with adult cystic acne for the past several months and have been desperate to find a foundation with moderate coverage that does NOT clog my pores. I have tried all the high-end products, some drugstore products... and although I liked some...I didn't LOVE them. They were either too dewy, too matte for my 35+ skin, clogged pores, drying etc.... So I saw this on sale and noticed the active ingredient is salicylic acid, figured that at least it shouldn't contribute to more breakouts. I wasn't expecting much at all for the $10.00 price tag and assumed it would end up in the bucket of "Oh- well" products. I first applied w/ a foundation brush and was surprised that the color didn't seem pinky, orangey...it was a real skin shade. The texture was smooth and once I covered my face, was pleasantly surprised by the effect. Moderate coverage, dried to a matte-ish finish (but not cakey for those with fine lines)...more of a satin finish. So I headed out the door for the day in 90 degree humidity, expecting major meltage. Surprised again!!! Although I'm not super oily, I definitely get that mid-day sheen... This foundation did not oxidize or melt off. Wooohoooo! A little teeny sheen at mid-day, yes...but no biggie. One blotting sheet and done. I am really impressed...I have an order on the way for MFE Matte foundation and may just return it as soon as it gets here :) Drugstore products have really upped their game in my eyes!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Umthisisawkward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I suffer from combination skin plus I'm also acne prone and have highly sensitive skin. I bought this because I read some reviews and deemed it to be pretty good and was also $8 at Walmart and $2 cheaper than Nuetrogena. Oh boy was I wrong. When I first used this foundation I was put off about how how oily and gross it felt on my skin. It was also June and humid so I figured it probably felt gross because the humidity. I stuck to it for about 3 more weeks. After 3 weeks I went from maybe having 5-6 pimples to having my face look like zitzilla. I had cystic acne and extremely clogged pores. It was some of the worse acne I had in awhile. Im still battling the clogged pores 2 months later. It also made my skin really oily and just gross feeling and felt cakey. I also realized it wasn't oil free. I'm giving this the extra star because it did provide good coverage. I immedietly switched back to my Nuetrogena Skin Clearing Foundation and saw immediete improvement in my skins health. I will spend the extra $2 because I dont want to look like a zit monster again...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by JmeM33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this foundation for years. Great color match, staying power, looked natural, got compliments on my skin ... awesome foundation for me. I was happy to see they re-packaged it into a bottle with a pump ... even better. However the formula in my opinion is NOT the same. The color is off (seems a bit darker), it's thicker, and didn't look natural at all. I put this on and I immediately wanted to wash my face! It felt so tacky and gross! I gave it a go anyway and half way through the day it was gone. My mother-in-law (who has no problem expressing her opinion by the way lol) asked me what was wrong with my face ... so I know it wasn't just me! So now I am on the search for a new foundation :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by redheadfashionista

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a teenager, and have been dealing with acne for years now. I have tried many different foundations to help conceal and possibly clear, and this one proved to be one of the worst. It contains acne healing medicine, which I think actually irritated my sensitive, acne-prone skin more than it already was. I do NOT recommend this product at all for people with acne-prone or sensitive skin. Steer clear!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product contains salicylic acid that is supposed to clear existing acne and prevent breakouts. I bought the shade neutral- a light/medium shade and was disappointed to find that it had an orange undertone, not neutral at all! I like the pump application because it's hygienic and one or two pumps will cover your face. I thought the coverage was terrible and I had a hard time blending it in completely because it dries with a powder finish. Ugh! My face looked splotchy and orange upon application and the foundation was very irritating to my sensitive, acne-prone skin. After I washed it off, my skin was peeling and very red. Sometimes, this is a side effect of salicylic acid, so I continued to use the product for about a month after that to see if side effects improved, but no luck. It also broke my skin out in tiny whiteheads after a week of use--yuck!! I can't believe I used this as long as I did because it is torture for ones skin! Poor coverage and very drying, I would avoid this at all costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation would've been great for me...if they had my shade. I couldn't find a match. I originally got Sand 600, but I looked more pale than the rest of me. I tried to work with this foundation for a week or two and I'm pretty sure it didn't break me out, but I finally gave up. However, when I went to exchange for a darker shade, they all looked too light and much better suited for people with pink undertones, which I am not. I then decided to try TLC even though I hadn't read any reviews, but it is now my drugstore HG.
In the time I used it though, this is my experience:
I used a brush to apply and it seemed to be buildable. It also dried to a powdery texture so you didn't really need powder after. That's probably why it works better for oilier skin types. I only touched up once throughout the entire day when I used this. Overall, I did like this foundation, but I couldn't find a shade match.