September 19, 2014 | 1896 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by kaylanault

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite perfume. It does smell like root beer, but in a good way somehow ;) Long-lasting. Like previous reviewer I smoke too and it covers the smell. The product is expensive but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a vanilla, with a hint of licorice or root beer. It smells sweet, but still has that vanilla sweet musk fragrance. I usually wear vanilla fields, amber romance by Victoria's secret, or sensual amber from bath and body works.

If you love the way vanilla smells, or like sweeter musk, then you'll enjoy this. This truly is a grown up vanilla, and doesn't smell gourmet. Although it does have a licorice smelling top note, it still doesn't smell like food, just sweet, musky, and sexy. I smoke cigarettes, and it's strong enough that non smokers ask me my perfume so it's strong enough to cover smoke, but light enough that it doesn't knock people down.

again, if you enjoy vanillas that don't smell like a bakery, you'll love this perfume.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted this scent to work on me soo bad. I have been on the hunt for a more seductive, evening vanilla perfume. After reading reviews nearly all day I set out to Ulta to test Hypnotic Poison, Addict, and Organza Indecence...Sadly, all were epic failures (see reviews for these other frags also). I had tried this scent years ago and disliked it, thinking perhaps I was too young to appreciate it, I tried it again. The drydown of this is absolutely to die for - I mean compulsively sniffing your wrist good. However, the long and tedious journey through the balmy, resinous, root beer jungle to get there takes far to long and is not worth the reward..*sigh*...I envy those of you that are able to carry this scent so warmly. Great sillage though, and thus a 3-star rating - I cannot fault HP for not working with my chemistry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

I'm mixed about this scent... it doesn't knock my socks off although I feel it is one of those scents that make you feel "dressed up" and ready to hit the town. But something about Hypnotic has been reminding me of some other from the past... now I finally remember... Bob Mackie's scent from the 1980's.... very similar and hard to come by these days.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hypnotic Poison smells like vanilla, licorice and root beer, if you want to smell like those things, this perfume is for you. The staying power of this perfume is phenomenal, the best I have ever tried. I wore this perfume once on my shirt and left my shirt over at my boyfriends and didnt get to washing it for about a week later and I could still smell the perfume on the shirt. I would recommend this perfume during the winter and fall months only because it would smother someone during the summer months. This hypnotic poison just wasnt for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

EXTREMELY SEXY and so good. This one still sells like hot cakes! It's a nice oriental with a slight floral. Most obvious note is vanilla, joined with sandalwood, coconut, and some floral ones I can't pick out. For an EDT it is surprisingly long lasting. This one you can tell by it's smell, and I love it. Very sensual and alluring.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Palsied

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Oh. My. God. Where do I begin?! This perfume is so gorgeous. It's beautifully delicious with a wonderfully warm dry down. It reminds me of the cosy winter days I've spent curled up on the sofa in a thick jumper while it snows outside. Perfectly vanilla-y, snuggly and clean. It becomes more fantastic as the day goes on and lasts for hours.
Definitely buy a sample from eBay before you purchase, though, in case it doesn't agree with your body chemistry. I found that on my Boots sample strip it wasn't as warm smelling as it is on my wrist, so make sure you try it on before you buy as this stuff isn't cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sharethesweets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i am totally addicted to this!! the bottle is so cute, i love the name, and the perfume is just to die for. it embodies everything i want in a fragrance. i'd say it smells like a sweet vanilla smoke. this is the perfect scent if you love vanilla or rich orientals.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by LadyNicc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wear this because my boyfriend is absolutely OBSESSED with hypnotic poison. Ive worn dozens of scents around him and maybe only a couple slightly caught his attention but only for a second. However when it comes to hypnotic poison he just goes crazy. He'll hug me constantly throughout the day just to smell me and starts to melt. The only scent that really does it for him. As for me, I am not absolutely crazy about the scent as he is. It smells good.though, I dont mind wearing it. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Tooth-achingly sweet almond milk with a heavy dollop of vanilla extract. While almond and vanilla are two of my favorite notes, they're a bit too strong here, though I appreciate the fact that despite their strength the notes don't go into a fake plastic stage. If it was a little less sweet and the spices amped a little bit more, Hypnotic Poison could've been a decent dupe for the much-beloved but overpriced Tobacco Vanille. As it stands HP is a bit too gourmand for my taste, and I'll stick with Coromandel for my vanilla comfort scent. Sillage packs a punch, and for an EDT the longevity was quite strong. Wouldn't buy as there are much better options for sweet and spicy out there.