September 17, 2014 | 1921 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by mmiodaviss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was not that bad. I've been using it for a couple days, and it's not horrible, but I'm definitely not impressed. I got this because I really wanted to try out concealers for the first time but I didn't want it to break me out. I had to cover up my acne scars and some pimples. As soon as I started using this I got this huge gross pimple on my nose. So it definitely does not help fight acne. It has okay coverage, but does not last.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SammyS333

I love this product! I just bought it today,and am obsessed with it,i use it to cover my acne scarring and under eye circles.Buy this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Beirut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, let me just say that this is one of the best concealers I have used in terms of coverage and blending. However, I think it actually made my acne worse. I have been using it for about 3 months now, and about a month ago, my skin just erupted in painful spots - not deep pimples, either shallow ones that wouldn't heal or even just what felt kind of like scratches. I think the salicylic acid in the concealer dried out my skin and actually made it worse. For this reason only, I gave it 3/5 instead of 5/5.

My overall conclusion is that this concealer is excellent for covering up blemishes and the occasional pimple, but not good at all for concealing breakouts as it will dry out your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by patriciabain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this product in light #100.

Honestly, I would've given this product a 5 if it weren't for the fact that it claims to clear your complexion. It works great as a concealer, and I love that about it. However, this has done nothing for my skin. I don't have terrible skin, but I do get the occasional red eruption on my face and so I thought this would somehow aid me. Nope. It does nada for my blemishes. But like I said, it works great as a concealer, so I'll probably continue to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by 123abcdefg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am an absolute concealer whore and i just decided to try this out. Since my skin is so acne prone I decided to pick this up at my CVS. Overall this was a pretty good concealer and super affordable. However I found that the color selections were too limited and the medium was too pale for my asian light-medium skin tone and the dark was to dark. It's not that big of a deal though. The coverage is medium and use this mainly over acne scars and blemishes. I have SO many acne scars on my upper lip and I use this to lighten them up. It can get a bit cakey though so make sure you blend it properly. This doesn't do anything for redness though and I haven't noticed any difference in my acne. Overall I like this product but I wouldn't purchase it again because i like to try out a lot of different concealers and I mainly bought this because of my acne prone skin and since it didn't do much for that, after I'm finished going through this one I'm gonna try a different one. It lasts a very long time and I have been using this bottle for almost a whole year and it still has a lot left. Lastly, the packaging is below average. At first it was okay but after awhile some of the formula would leak out and dry up on the bottle and get all over the stuff in my makeup bag. The wand can get pretty unsanitizing too. The lasting power is okay. It lasts about 4 hours before it starts to fade with primer and powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by shindee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is apparently not to be used in the eye area, so I use it specifically for redness around my nose (broken capillaries) and the occasional pimple. The coverage is okay, not too heavy and sometimes doesn't entirely hide the red shades. Blending is also okay, but I've seen better. Lasting power is meh; for me it fades after 4 hours being under powder. Be warned that if it comes it contact with any water, it starts fading off in a really gross manner.

Overall just an okay concealer, but my current favorite because it doesn't clog my pores! I have blackheads all around my nose, including the broken capillaries area. Other drugstore concealers I've used usually clog them up very quickly, but this one never does. Repurchased once, but still looking for something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by cookiekekekee

I have to say that this is definitely one of the most expensive drugstore concealers... That being said, it provides for descent coverage.

Pros:
- Nice coverage
- helps with acne 50% of the time (the rest of the time acne just proceeds to develop as usual)

Cons:
- bit expensive
- slightly unsanitary application

Love the concealer though. Definitely pick it up if you have yellow undertones!

***UPDATE: I was applying this concealer in a different setting than usual and saw that my skin turned VERY VERY noticably gray in the spots where applied... It had to be removed straight away. I tried it the next day and saw no such thing. This has made me very worried that perhaps my usual makeup application setting is unreliable in seeing terrible grey splotches...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by susan3143

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concealer deserves a "5" just because it's so affordable. For less that $7 you get a concealer that definitely competes with much more expensive brands. I have broken capillaries on my face, and I have tried just about everything out there, including the very expensive. But I always seem to come back to this. I just dab in on over my foundation and then blend it by tapping it into my skin. It blends wonderfully and when dry stays put. The only thing I don't like about it would be that around the middle of the day it starts separating. But what do you expect for $7?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by shadowlye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had a tube of it for a while now. Still working through it. I only use it on age spots though. Those pesky things started popping up. :( But works great on smooth skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by furafura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have bought this concealer 2 times. I have also tried Maybelline's double-ended concealer/highlighter and mineral power concealer. Almay's clear complexion concealer is my favorite of the three. Plus, it's the cheapest! It has the best coverage, and I like the fact that it has 1% salicylic acid to help heal and prevent my acne and scars. I have this in light, and it is the perfect color to hide redness and blemishes on my fair skin. The lasting power is pretty impressive - I wore this from 6am to 12am one day, while working on a job that required lots of running around and carrying things around. By the end of the day my acne scars and blemishes were still concealed!