April 24, 2014 | 1329 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by mthefool

This is a great drugstore concealer! It doesn't match my skin tone so well, but I blend it in with my foundation. I hate the idea of covering up blemishes with concealer (doesn't that make it much worse?) but the fact taht there is salicyclic acid in it makes me feel much less guilty. Although the salicyclic acid percentage is actually a very tiny amount, it definetely has never made my blemishes worse. Also, i've been using one tube for over a year, nearly every day and i *still* have a decent amount left. I love this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by pleaseplayagain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a while I liked this product well enough, it covered blemishes decently (I can't say much about under the eyes as I don't use concealer there) although I didn't notice a huge difference in terms of it actually healing them. It went on nicely when doing my makeup in the morning,but could get a little caky. It wasn't terrible, so I repurchased when it ran out, but then I started noticing that after a little while it would turn orange, so it would be very noticeable where I put it on in certain lights. There would be little orange caky streaks where the product had been applied. I don't know if it was just the shade I had (the lightest one), but I won't be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsmut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm on the fence about this product. Does it clear up my blemishes? Once in a while it will work on a blemish or two, but for the most part it covers or causes my blemishes to go from red to white heads.

It does an good job at covering red spots though its useless if you're trying to cover up whiteheads.

Applicator and packaging wise is where I think this product fails the most. If you jostle the tube around the product leaks out into the top and dries there, wasting a lot of product. Really bothersome if you keep this in your purse/makeup bag like I do. The doefoot applicator wand is completely unsanitary and rather ridiculous when you're talking about a product that is suppose to clear acne. To avoid the transfer of bacteria into the product I just swipe the applicator on a clean finger and tap it on areas I want to cover. It applies very wet, but a little goes a long way so I tap it lightly over blemishes and it sets up rather fast. The more you use the longer it'll take to dry as it is very much a liquid rather than cream.

There's not really much room for shade selection here. I use the lightest shade for my pale skin, but unfortunately I do have golden undertones to my extremely fair skin, which makes this too light even for me.

Does it live up to its claim? Eh, not really. I think the medication can be improved upon. Only sometimes does it work and even that's a little sketchy. Overall its okay. It can make blemishes worse though so beware. I only use this on older small breakouts. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by NCBrowneyyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this tonight after I finally ran out of my Physicians Formula Concealer (which I had been using for a couple of years and was totally happy with). I've only used it once so far, but I'm liking it.

The packaging is your typical lipgloss/wand tube. I would prefer that it be in a squeeze tube like my PF, but it's not that big of a deal. I apply it with my clean fingers rather than directly on my face because I think it's cleaner that way.

It is a little thicker than the PF formula, but I don't find it to be as thick as other reviewers on here have said, and if anything I like it better because I think it offers better coverage. I find that I have ample time to blend before it dries and that I can spread it easily. The coverage is good - it will definitely cover blemishes well, and won't leave you streaky (at least not on my - I am fair skinned and bought light/medium 200). I use this to cover my blemishes only, I don't use it for under eyes, or in large areas, so I can't very well say if you will get a different result if you plan on using it like that. As far as it being "complexion clearning" - I haven't used it long enough to know. I don't count on noticing a different, but it does have Salicylic Acid in it (1%), which is a little added bonus. It makes me feel a little less guilty for putting makeup over my blemishes, if nothing else.

Bottom line: Good coverage, not cakey, easily blended. Totally worth $8, and the Salicylic Acid is an added bonus!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by babyaimy00

Coverage: This concealer can cover your blemishes with ease. It is thick which may be a bit hard to spread. I only use this for spot treatment. I dabb it on with a qtip and pat on powder so it would stay put the entire day.
Packaging: I don't use the sponge applicator because it always picks up way too much product which makes application control moderately difficult. One tube lasts me 3-4 months which is fantastic considering the price. (relatively inexpensive)
Treatment: Really, I don't expect this concealer to work miracles on my acne. Using this, however, did not worsen my breakout. Don't expect this to rid your acne. You'll need to wash this off your face at the end of the day just like any other make up product and apply your acne serum or treatment like usual.
Color: Sometimes if your pimple is super ripe and red, even this won't be able to cover that. If you apply too much, the spot would look greyish. One time my coworker asked if there was a dirt smudge on my face.
Overall rating: 7.5/10. I use this everyday, but I'm not in love with it. This would do for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by paulinawatson

THIS IS MY HG CONCEALER! i love it so much! the colr matches me perfectly (i'm in light) and it really conceals perfectly! i even use it under my eyes and it really brightens up my eyes which no concealer has ever done because i have terrible bags, but this covers them up! i dunno about the blemish healing thing but i have acne prone skin and since i started using it, my skin started getting better (but i dunno weither thats the concealer or my cleansing routine or both) the only con i have is that after a while it starts to get dry and patchy, but that's only after a really long time like, 6 houres.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by stickylollipop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this product is great! It blends nicely and covers up my blemishes without making my face look cakey. It also helps heal acne, which is a great plus. I noticed my acne decreasing after using this product. I would definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAndTheBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hello all you makeup-lovers! I bought this product at Shoppers Drug Mart after taking back 2 products from there...yeah...(the Revlon blush in tawny peach and the Rimmel hide the blemish stick concealer) and I wanted a nice face concealer that will work with my oily skin and blemish-prone skin! So I decided to go for the Almay Clear Complextion Concealer (shade light) with 1% salycilic acid. This matches my skin amazingly because I have cool, pink undertones. I love the fact it does contain salycilic acid because it helps your pores shed dead skin and oil that can clog pores furthermore and it also has soothing ingredients like aloe and chamomile that help reduce redness! It covered all the redness around my nose and covered my few blemishes very nicely. This also stayed on my face throughout the day, didn't look cakey and it had a very blend-able and nice finish! I didn't even set it with powder :O! What I would say I don't like and that's why I give it a 4/5 is the packaging, because all the product I feel gets stuck on the doe-foot applicator stick and it can get a little messy if you're not careful. The price came to $13.71 which I found to be pricey for Almay, but to be honest I'm totally diggin' it! I recommend this to everyone because it's super amazing!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by morgwild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unless I've been poking at my spots or they're flaking, this concealer hides them well. But I always make sure to apply my moisturizer BEFORE using this, as otherwise it dries a wee bit too quick for me and blending it can be a trial.

I know my face responds well to salicylic acid, so it also helps my spots go away quicker.

I also use this concealer to hide hickeys with great results. My boyfriend has actually watched me apply this and exclaimed at its effectiveness. He's jealous :P

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by TrueLoveBeauty

Covers up great for pale skin! I put this underneath my foundation and I don't feel guilty about upsetting a blemish with makeup because I know there's something instead that helps to heal. I'm not saying that this concealer alone will clear your blemish, but it does shrink a little bit and helps to prevent it from swelling or getting any worse.