July 30, 2014 | 1637 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

I got the kind for combination skin because even though my skin is dry, most products make me break out, so I'm scared to try products designed for dry skin. Anyway, this is far too matte for my skin. It really emphasizes dry patches (I exfoliate and moisturize like crazy, but still have flakiness). It also kind of makes me look like a corpse if I use enough to even out my skin. It definitely stays on, but it just doesn't look good on me.

I gave it a 3 basically because I know a lot of people who love this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by littlelady26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm giving this one lippy simply because the color was a good match for my fair skin, but that's where the good things stop. I hate this foundation! It feels extremely thick and heavy on my face. It clogged my pores and gave me breakouts. boo!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I might buy this product again in the winter. I actually bought this foundation for my junior prom so I can mix it up with my other foundation to get a true match color. I just remember it was pretty thick in texture and it gave a REAL NICE FULL coverage! At that time, this was in a tube instead of a bottle like in the picture. Since it's very thick in consistency, it's just too much for summer, so I'll definitely keep this in the back of my mind for the winter

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Iíve been using this product on and off over a year, mostly on for the past 5 months. Iíve never been happy with it, as it makes me look like Iím wearing a mask. Once it dries it makes your face look extremely dull, lifeless. I do have extremely oily skin and this foundation really didnít do anything to help combat the oilies. After about 3 hours my face looked splotchy and the coverage was hit or miss. Recently I started to get these tiny bumps all over my cheeks. They would not go away, no matter what I did. I decided to stop using the foundation for about a week. And what do you know, the little bumps have almost disappeared. Whatever is in this foundation was not good for my oily, sensitive skin. I am throwing this stuff in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ashes1534

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if i like this stuff im kinda agervated .. i love that it stays and ilove that it doesnt feel heavy once it dries but im having isues with applying it so it looks good? i tried using my foundation brush and i originally had the oily skin one and it just dried the heck out of my skin and looked very splotchy// soo i went back and returned and got a lighter shade in the normal to dry and now im finding that either the color made the coverage seem not as complementing or the formula but its just not as flattering even without flakiness.. im at a loss of if i should return it again.. i think i maybe just dont like the powder that goes with it. but im not sure.. any sugestions!! i have combination skin and acne scars so i want full coverage and im not sure how to get it in a flattering way with this product without purchasing an expensive brush! what are u guys puuting over it for maybe a more coverage powder that still controls oil?? PLEASE HELP! lol

***********************************update

estee lauder double matte was a dream and double wear a dream for the new formula is much less dewy !!! it lasts a very very long time on and the bottle for near six months so to me its woe=rth it but u can also get a free 10 day supply at any makeup counter of any estee or lancome clinique any foundation basically so do try it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 4:31:00 AM More reviews by XsqueegeeX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is nothing less than AMAZING! for years I was a faithful MAC user and I thought that nothing could be better that cost less, but I sure was wrong! I have very oily skin and my foundation would always melt off of my face even with religious blotting and powdering (especially my nose).
For a long time MAC was the only company that made foundations light enough for me (I'm NC15). I tried Colorstay by chance because it looked light enough and because it was for oily skin. Not only does it stay on my face, but it covers beautifully and isn't heavy! This is definitely my HG foundation :)
Anyone with oily skin should DEFINITELY try this product! it won't dissapoint you :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: This remains to be my HG liquid..the key is applying as little as possible and blending with a damp brush or sponge. Then spot concealing using a smaller brush so as not to look cakey. TIS THE KEY, my friends!

xoxoxo
luv.
jessie

My HG liquid foundation, no doubt! I love using this...it does not break me out and it gives me amazing medium to full coverage. I love applying this foundation with a damp sponge or my Ulta Highlighting Brush which is a great dupe for the MAC 187 brush. It never looks cakey on me and it easy to blend which is great cause you have to blend it quickly before it dries. It gives me a creamy, matte finish that is natural and flawless! It also controls my oil production all day and NEVER transfers!! Definitely worth the money and worth a try if you've never used it. ;-) I highly recommend this product!

xoxoxo
luv,
jessie

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Kaytee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I thought I might need a heavy coverage foundation to cover my red cheeks, but it turns out my 15 year old skin just doesn't need all that coverage. I'm sure this would work out for someone else, but this just isn't for me. This tends to look weird and shiny on my face, which powder helps, and does help cover my redness, but I can just use a tinted moisturizer. I'll come back and edit tomorrow once I see this and Almay's Smart Shade makeup in the natural light.

EDIT: I still don't really like this, but it DOES stay on longer than all of my other foundations. I use the damp sponge and it does help cover my acne a bit, and the powder covers my redness for the most part so I guess I'm satisfied. Once I sweat off my powder though it's really just like a tinted moisturizer, I'll probably rebuy because I don't think it breaks me out. Also, this doesn't dry fast for me at all o_o I usually just let it sit on my sponge while I do my eye makeup. I have it in the Normal/Dry formula.

Another edit: This covers my acne & acne scars buuuuuuuut it doesn't completely cover my red cheeks. :? *sigh* the search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by maribelpezhead

i just bought this last week and have fallen in love with it. i have extremely fair skin, with yellow undertones and very red cheeks, yet this matches my tone completely with very little actual product. it's also covered my pms breakout very well!

+ true to color and very natural looking.
+ little product needed for maximum coverage.
+ price wasn't too bad (a little high for a drugstore brand, but still not bad).

- like the rest, i'd prefer a pump!
- since it immediately clings to your skin, you've got to mix it quickly, which doesn't always work well using a foundation brush!

i've been recommending this to all of my friends, it's really that great. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by helenexox

Okay this foundation is awesome.. I always strayed away from Liquid foundations because I think of them as cakey and gross and sticky and ughhh.. bad experiences with Mac Select Spf... anyways.. I took the plunge and I got this.. It's a LITTLE too light for my NW20 skin but it still works and it isn't really a problem..

This foundation has a really nice, creamy texture that feels moisturizing.. I'm not sure if it is, but it feels nice :)

Lastly, it lasts soooo long!! It lasted throughout the WHOLE day and even through a water gun fight! (dont ask lol) I had a whole bucket of water poured on my head and it still lasted.