April 24, 2014 | 1003 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ashes1534

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if i like this stuff im kinda agervated .. i love that it stays and ilove that it doesnt feel heavy once it dries but im having isues with applying it so it looks good? i tried using my foundation brush and i originally had the oily skin one and it just dried the heck out of my skin and looked very splotchy// soo i went back and returned and got a lighter shade in the normal to dry and now im finding that either the color made the coverage seem not as complementing or the formula but its just not as flattering even without flakiness.. im at a loss of if i should return it again.. i think i maybe just dont like the powder that goes with it. but im not sure.. any sugestions!! i have combination skin and acne scars so i want full coverage and im not sure how to get it in a flattering way with this product without purchasing an expensive brush! what are u guys puuting over it for maybe a more coverage powder that still controls oil?? PLEASE HELP! lol

***********************************update

my have been using the oil free one and pores have never looked so huge in the sun.. every single imperfection i have is highlighted and made worse..i look better w.o this stuff! and i have scars it looks okay when i first put it on but in a out a hour it starts to melt! i also have little bumps that have been forming all over my skin and i think its from this! i can figure out where else it came from. all i know is this stuff is a nightmare it even made my cystic acne come back! that i havent had in 5 months despite makeup from other brands. i wish i could find a perfect foundation good luck to me

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 4:31:00 AM More reviews by XsqueegeeX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is nothing less than AMAZING! for years I was a faithful MAC user and I thought that nothing could be better that cost less, but I sure was wrong! I have very oily skin and my foundation would always melt off of my face even with religious blotting and powdering (especially my nose).
For a long time MAC was the only company that made foundations light enough for me (I'm NC15). I tried Colorstay by chance because it looked light enough and because it was for oily skin. Not only does it stay on my face, but it covers beautifully and isn't heavy! This is definitely my HG foundation :)
Anyone with oily skin should DEFINITELY try this product! it won't dissapoint you :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: This remains to be my HG liquid..the key is applying as little as possible and blending with a damp brush or sponge. Then spot concealing using a smaller brush so as not to look cakey. TIS THE KEY, my friends!

www.youtube.com/MadMadamJess
xoxoxo
luv.
jessie

My HG liquid foundation, no doubt! I love using this...it does not break me out and it gives me amazing medium to full coverage. I love applying this foundation with a damp sponge or my Ulta Highlighting Brush which is a great dupe for the MAC 187 brush. It never looks cakey on me and it easy to blend which is great cause you have to blend it quickly before it dries. It gives me a creamy, matte finish that is natural and flawless! It also controls my oil production all day and NEVER transfers!! Definitely worth the money and worth a try if you've never used it. ;-) I highly recommend this product!

xoxoxo
luv,
jessie

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Kaytee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I thought I might need a heavy coverage foundation to cover my red cheeks, but it turns out my 15 year old skin just doesn't need all that coverage. I'm sure this would work out for someone else, but this just isn't for me. This tends to look weird and shiny on my face, which powder helps, and does help cover my redness, but I can just use a tinted moisturizer. I'll come back and edit tomorrow once I see this and Almay's Smart Shade makeup in the natural light.

EDIT: I still don't really like this, but it DOES stay on longer than all of my other foundations. I use the damp sponge and it does help cover my acne a bit, and the powder covers my redness for the most part so I guess I'm satisfied. Once I sweat off my powder though it's really just like a tinted moisturizer, I'll probably rebuy because I don't think it breaks me out. Also, this doesn't dry fast for me at all o_o I usually just let it sit on my sponge while I do my eye makeup. I have it in the Normal/Dry formula.

Another edit: This covers my acne & acne scars buuuuuuuut it doesn't completely cover my red cheeks. :? *sigh* the search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by maribelpezhead

i just bought this last week and have fallen in love with it. i have extremely fair skin, with yellow undertones and very red cheeks, yet this matches my tone completely with very little actual product. it's also covered my pms breakout very well!

+ true to color and very natural looking.
+ little product needed for maximum coverage.
+ price wasn't too bad (a little high for a drugstore brand, but still not bad).

- like the rest, i'd prefer a pump!
- since it immediately clings to your skin, you've got to mix it quickly, which doesn't always work well using a foundation brush!

i've been recommending this to all of my friends, it's really that great. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by helenexox

Okay this foundation is awesome.. I always strayed away from Liquid foundations because I think of them as cakey and gross and sticky and ughhh.. bad experiences with Mac Select Spf... anyways.. I took the plunge and I got this.. It's a LITTLE too light for my NW20 skin but it still works and it isn't really a problem..

This foundation has a really nice, creamy texture that feels moisturizing.. I'm not sure if it is, but it feels nice :)

Lastly, it lasts soooo long!! It lasted throughout the WHOLE day and even through a water gun fight! (dont ask lol) I had a whole bucket of water poured on my head and it still lasted.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Rinchi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I've been using it for 2 days so far (bought it after reading the reviews here) and my skin looks really nice, the texture of my skin is balanced. I have combination/oily skin and this one keeps the oil under control for some time. Sinks in really fast and the coverage is really good, I don't have to put a concealer or anything. What I really really don't like is the packaging. Pump bottle would be awesome. And the place at the top where I'm supposed to take a bit of foundation is too wide for my finger so I guess I'll have to use a sponge and I really don't like to use it with a sponge... Maybe I'll get used to to all that. All of this is just a first impression...
EDIT: After a week, I'm giving it 5 lippies instead of 4. I got over the "messy" package because my complexion looks simply amazing, no more shiny forehead and chin and it REALLY stays put. Ivory is a perfect shade for me. My HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I typically use Lancome Teint Idole Ultra foundation. It's pretty much my HG liquid foundation but I ventured out to try this product after reading good reviews. I have oily, acne prone sensitive skin and many products make me break out, particularly foundations. I typically wear the second lightest shade of a foundation (for Lancome, it's Ivory 2c). However, since my choices were either Ivory or Buff with Colorstay, I went for Ivory in the Oily/Combination Formula.

Let me say, this product is definitely worth trying particularly if you are a budget. I found the application of this foundation to be superior to most DS foundations I have tried. It glided on and blended well. My main gripe is the color selection. Ivory is too light for me and lends a white-ish cast to my skin. I haven't tried Buff but I'd worry that one would be too dark. I typically follow up my foundation with pressed powder, which is darker than Revlon's Ivory shade so that seems to even things out, color-wise.

This foundation does have good staying power. I wouldn't say it stays perfect for 16 hours but I usually don't have to redo my makeup in between classes or work. It provides medium coverage but feels heavy on my skin. Also, I found that my skin appeared more oily than usual by the end of the day. I'd prefer a pump tube--the open bottle puts out more product than I need and thus, product gets wasted.

I always go back to my Lancome foundation but I keep a bottle of this around for when I run out and might be low on $$ at the moment. It actually works wonderfully as an undereye liquid concealer on me! Typically, you want a concealer about a shade lighter than your skin tone so this is the perfect color and has good staying power.

Overall, this wasn't a huge winner for me but while remain a backup in my collection. I'd recommend to anyone looking for a DS foundation with medium coverage and staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the Normal/dry skin version and i really like it. :) I always had the perception that drugstore foundations are not as high quality as high end foundations but this foundation proved me wrong. It was easy to blend, gives full coverage and did not break me out. It was also very moisturising. My only gripe is that it has a weird smell to it which I hate and thats probably one of the reasons why I don't reach for it that often. Also, we pay about 11pounds in the UK which is more expensive than in US. I would probably purchase the combo/oily skin and see how it fares. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

With reviews on MAU saying that this foundation was not as good as the original, I kept avoiding the new formula. I'm glad I finally got a bottle. It covers my redness without looking cakey or fake, doesn't turn orange on my fair skin, and really lasts. Colorstay foundation is a winner in my book!