Dior Skinflash

3.9

on 7/2/2007 10:34:00 PM

Ordinary concealors just dry and cake under my eyes, especially as I've gotten older. Skinflash is light enough not to dry in a layer like foundation but disguises dark shadows subtley.It seems to reflect light off your skin without being at all shimmery.
It would not however cover spots or blemishes as it's so light in texture and color. Actually it would highlight them! I prefer it to YSL Touche Eclat also. Maybe the color suits my pale skin better (I use #2 in both). And anyway it's cheaper.
Beautiful elegant packaging too.
I've bought several of these and when I've strayed I've never found better.

on 6/11/2007 9:23:00 PM

I was very pleased w/this product. I use this on needed areas instead of foundation allover. However, if you have serious dark circles or imperfections, it isn't the best concealer. I know it's supposed to be a highlighter, but I use it as a concealer. One gripe I have is that the color slightly turns grayish under my eyes after a long day/night. But it isn't enough so that I would stop using or repurchase this product.

on 5/9/2007 1:33:00 PM

Very pricey, for what you get. More of a highliter, than a concealer -- does squat for those with inherited undereye darkness. Does not last long - it is impossible to see how much product is left in the applicator (however attractive & sleek it may be). Save your money & give Clinique's "All About Eyes Concealer" a try.

on 4/14/2007 8:36:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product..but it dissapointed me. This product should be used more as a highlighter than a concealer..i have no idea why they would even say it hides imperfection or under eye circles..it doesn't really hide much of anything. It does have some light reflecting pigment in it..but it really isn't all that special. I dont see any difference wearing it, or not. The only thing nice about this product is the packaging.. which is probably the reason why it's so expensive..of course it's dior, so anything from them will clean up your wallet. Unfortunately this was not worth the money...in my opinion.

on 4/10/2007 5:16:00 AM

I got this as a present. I think I was expecting more coverage, even though I knew it wasn't a proper concealer. So many seem to be addicted to Skinflash and keep saying it makes a huge difference, but to me, it doesn't.. It's kind of a light creamy luminizing foundation in a small pen.. It brightens but also makes the eye area look more shiny and ironically HIGHLIGHT your dark circles.. I need more time to try to make it work my way (even though I've had it for 3 months).. I like the look of the pen though and the smell.. :) but I think I'll try a cheaper knock-off next time!

I don't really know.I always was buying no 1 in any cancealer,no 2 in dior is too pink for me and a bit too havy.I prefer lancome which is similar price,but more light.

on 2/22/2007 10:03:00 AM

This works great as a highlighter. I don't really use it as a concealer.

on 2/21/2007 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

A fancy highlighter with an annoying fragrance, didn't conceal much, works well a as a highlighter, the colour--no 2--was good for my light olive skin tone, for some reason I kept on trying to open it from the wrong end, wouldn't waste my money on this again, CD make up usually doesn't dissappoint but this one did, YSL is far superior.

on 2/8/2007 9:40:00 AM

I actually use this under my regular concealer as a base, as it is way too light to conceal my dark undereye circles on its own. But applying this and then my regular concealer, Dermablend, looks amazing! Dermablend tends to look a little cakey, but applying this prior, really helps it to look smooth and polished. Despite how light it is, the Skinflash really has made all the difference in making my undereye area look great.

on 1/21/2007 1:53:00 PM

Love SKinflash. I use it after my regular undereye concealer to enen further brighten my eye area since this is NOT a concealer. I don't see any shimmer in this at all just creamy pale pinky/beige. I use it in the #2 every single day now for almost a year & still have plenty left. I have YSL's TE & prefer Skinflash because it's creamier & is more opaque. I also prefer the twist pen of Dior over YSL's click pen.