April 16, 2014 | 862 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Extra Gentle Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by beachblond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. HG!!! It's like washing your face with moisturizer. My skin is so baby soft after I use this, I can't stop touching my cheeks. It removes all of my make up (even sunscreen), and has no smell. 'Everything' has to smell like 'something' so I don't know what everyone is complaining about. It has no added fragrance, it just smells like unscented lotion. I love the basic packaging and the nice wide locking pump. I haven't broken out at all, and my face feels very clean after I use it. Will continue to purchase as long as they keep making it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Girlygirl491

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was impressed. Its a good product

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Rina7

Revised review: It does feel like rubbing lotion on your face and rinsing it off, and it leaves a film... unless, it turns out, you ignore the directions and use really warm water instead of the recommended lukewarm water. Then it does a better job of cleansing and rinsing off. I like that it doesn't leave my skin dry. However, it's not as good at cleaning my pores or removing makeup as my old cleanser, and gets in the way of exfoliating with a face cloth. I like Earth Science A-D-E Cream Cleanser much better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Broke me out in tiny bumps. Left film

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Jessica13th

Gets your skin feeling kinda clean, but it doesn't do anything about taking off makeup. It's ultra gentle... I don't know if it's a good thing or not. If you have sensitive skin than try this, otherwise it makes an ok morning cleanser (if your skin isn't too oily)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by elin22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser. It is soothing and moisturising, so it suits my sensitive combination skin. I was wary of it at first, as my skin is prone to a few pimples, but I've never had any breakouts from it. Whenever I use it my skin is smooth, calmed and soft. I tend to favour using this in winter or when my skin needs a little TLC.
I apply a decent amount to dry skin and then use a little water to 'lather' it. After rubbing this in I'll wash it off.
My main problem with this cleanser is that it is quite expensive and doesn't seem to last long. The bottle is also a little annoying as it can be difficult to use up the last of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this cleanser as a package with the deep wrinkle moisture cream. The cleanser itself is NOT gentle. It actually burns my skin if I use it after removing my makeup with almond or jojoba oil. Also the packaging is not good. The product clogs in the dispenser and flys out when you push it too hard, then when its halfway done you have to open the bottle to take out the rest of the product. Overall I would not buy this product or recommend this. The name Extra Gentle makes this product very deceiving.

EDIT: i realized there is lactic acid in this cleanser which is why i initially was reacting to this cleanser, and now after using it for almost 6 months, my skin is seriously better than ever, followed by the deep wrinkle moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by karaEMP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't find this product to be extra gentle at all. It dried my skin out, and did not remove my makeup at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Hollynla

This just doesn't feel like it's cleansing my face at all. I feel like I'm just smearing lotion on and rinsing it off. I also feel like it's leaving some sort of oily residue behind. I will not repurchase this nor will I use it again. In the trash it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ambodidi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently tried this product because I'm trying to spend less money on my regime (aren't we all?). My skin has become very dry in the last two years because of thyroid issues, and because I use retinoids and Mandelic Acid in spite of this. This cleanser is excellent, it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry like most others. It usually leaves my face feeling clean. Some people don't feel clean unless they're squeaky clean, but that is a sign of your skin being stripped of its natural oils completely. It doesn't do a good job of taking off make-up and sunscreen, so I'd probably have to use a cleansing oil if I wore a full face of make-up. I need to use it twice to take off sunscreen. Some people have said it's too greasy, but I haven't found that to be the case at all. It's not as good as my favourite, Dermalogica Ultra Calming, but it's still very good and probably about a quarter of the price. I'd definitely buy it again.