Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cetyl Ricinoleate(Chamomile (chamomilla recutita) extract), Isohexadecane, TEA Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Bisabolol(anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory), Chamomile Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate(vitamin E), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate(licorice root extract), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, BHT, Geranium, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben 5/29/09

on 12/20/2010 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I usually have normal to slightly oily skin, but this fall and winter my skin has been slightly dry and fairly sensitive. I switched to this cleanser from Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Face wash, which was too harsh for my now-dry skin. The Extra Gentle Cleanser is perfect for me. My skin doesn't feel dry or tight after I wash it, just clean. This cleanser also doesn't irritate my facial skin like the Fresh Foaming Face wash was beginning to do. Overall, I'm happy with this cleanser right now, but I can see switching back to the Fresh Foaming Face wash if my skin changes again in the spring/summer.

on 12/16/2010 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchase this product over and over. Cetaphil is gentle enough but I don't feel that it cleans my skin well enough. Chamomile cleanser by Villa Floriani cleans my skin well and is ALMOST as gentle, but not quite, it is also costly! The Neutrogena fragrance free that my daughter (with younger, more oily skin) really likes is not gentle enough for me . . . I always come back to Neutrogena Extra Gentle. My skin feels clean and I never have any irritation whatsoever, and many cleansers, even gentle ones, do irritate my skin.

This is my "In Case of Emergency, Break Glass to Retrieve" Cleanser, when all else is an epic FAIL. This product literally salvaged my skin after a terrible run-in with Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser, which left my skin so stripped and burned, I couldn't apply anything to it. Whereas, this product is very straighforward, effective and affordable. Good in hard water environments, too. Reliable favorite. Not harsh at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just started using this cleanser today so I can't say that much about it right now. I can say that it removes makeup in a snap and is extremely gentle on my skin. I have combination-dry skin that is extremely sensitive and reacts to almost anything so I have to be very careful with what I buy and I have to read ingredient labels very carefully as well. I have been breaking out a lot lately because of the weather change so I have to find something that was a bit more moisturizing. This stuff says that it adds moisture to your face each time you use it so I figured I'd give it a try. Will update soon. Hope all goes well.

on 11/30/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first cleanser and I don't like it. I wouldn't say I hate it since this word is only reserved for products that break me out. Anyway, it had this weird scent( so do all neutrogena's cleansers that I've tried) and I kept sneezing while cleaning my face.

on 10/26/2010 7:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Excellent and truly extra gentle, I use this to remove makeup (even when I use colorstay foundation) and it is really great. Some others say it doesn't remove all your makeup which surprises me. Because it does with me. I put a decent amount on and massage it around thoroughly, around the eyes and everywhere and let it sit on my skin for a bit to lift the makeup and rinse thoroughly and that works a treat. Makeup all gone. And skin still nice, smooth, soft and most of all not irritated or dry! A wonderful product when my skin is feeling sensitive or irritated. Although it is the only thing I use to remove makeup regardless of whether my skin is feeling good or not. It's just so soft and smooth and kind to my skin. I don't like having my skin stripped of all its oils, I don't like that tight, itchy squeaky clean feeling. So very good for a more mature skin too. Packaging is pretty good, although I wish the pump could more easily be screwed down or closed off for travelling. I pay around $14 AUD for this which is fairly good but it did used to be about $10 and I was much happier with that price..of course. I highly recommend this product, I have used it for years and will continue to do so.

on 8/30/2010 1:33:00 PM

Oh how I love this face wash. My skin is somewhat difficult to cleanse. It's very sensitive to washing, and I get a lot of redness and irritation. It's also dry, which means most face washes leave my skin even drier. This is the best cleanser I've tried. It's amazing gentle (but still cleans thoroughly) and leaves skin feeling moisturized. There's absolutely no scent. The texture is very creamy with little lather. If you have more oily skin, this might not work for you. My friend tried it and felt like it was washing her face with lotion. But for the dry, sensitive skin types out there, this is a great product. For reference, I've tried many of the cleansers supposedly designed for sensitive skin - Eucerin, Purpose, etc. They all still irritated. I'm so glad I found a cleanser that works and is inexpensive too.

I like this cleanser. It doesn't dry out my skin like my other nutrogena product does and it does make my skin feel soft and smooth. I wish that it helped my breakouts a little more but it's a good nightime cleanser. I will buy again,

on 8/12/2010 6:53:00 AM

i love this product! i have sensitive combination skin and ive used so many face cleansers and masks and wipes and everything made my skin feel tight and extremely uncomfortable until i used this. the only problem is that it doesnt help acne at all but it makes your skin feel soft and moisturized and it really helps for sensitive skin

on 8/11/2010 8:06:00 PM

This is the only change i have made in my skin care routine and i used it as my night time cleanser

I do not have sensitive skin. However, I bought this thinking why not, its "extra gentle" so it won't make me break out and it'll be calming for night. WRONG. I have tiny red bumps in between my eyes and it's making me break out randomly.

really bad cleanser!