Clinique Lash Building Primer

3.8

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Overall, impressed with it. Easily covered w/mascara, didn't leave white on lashes. Cheaper than others. Will repurchase.

on 4/26/2009 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am generally pleased with my results with this primer, but a few tricks are needed to get good results, which is why I've removed one lippy. First, I never, never let it fully dry. Second, I find a mascara like lash blast with very firm bristles is necessary to separate the lashes. Without this things clumping is very likely. I don't find this difficult to do, and the results are dramatic enough on my short eyelashes that I have repurchased. I do agree with some reviewers that this can cause irritation if you get it in your eye while removing.. be careful!

on 4/19/2009 2:54:00 AM

This product is the absolute WORST!! It irritated my eyes so much I can't believe it - worst product I've ever tried!

on 3/27/2009 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

omg this is crap im sorry lol I mean I bought this because it was cheaper than my favorite lash primer by estee lauder. Big mistake. OMg ths is seriously clumpy and doesnt do much for my lashes. It left white crap on my lashes. i wuld never buy this again. This is prolly the only thing Clinique messed up on cuz Im usually pleased by their products.

on 3/1/2009 7:37:00 PM

it worked great. i applied this then i use the dior show "blackout". it gave length to my eyelashes and sort of curled a little.

on 2/20/2009 9:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i love this stuff. i don't understand what the complaints are about! i tried using chanel's lash primer last time i ran out of this but it just didn't cut it. i have dark lashes but they are not particularly thick or long. when i run out of this primer, and still use mascara on my bare lashes, i can definitely tell a difference with how my lashes look. without it i just can't get the length i want, and application gets a bit difficult. this helps define each lash so when i put mascara on over it, it goes on smoother and thicker. haven't ever had a problem with the white color showing through but maybe because i use a thick black mascara? i don't know. all i do know is that i've been using this product for almost 10 years now and don't plan on switching to any other!

I did not like this primer. It left too many white flakes that my mascara could not cover up. Wanted to love it, but it got returned. Still searching for a good primer...

on 1/11/2009 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this! It's my HG lash primer. It works wonders on my short, brittle and thin lashes. I see a big difference with my lashes if I don't use this under my mascara. Helps make my lashes look longer. It's a definate make-up staple for me. It's the first and only lash primer i'ved tried so far. I heard the MAC one works just as well. My sister got me that for Xmas but I haven't tested it out yet. Once I run out of this one, I will. Then i'll update to see if this will still me my HG. :P

on 12/25/2008 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the absolute worst! I tried the Shisheido base, which I LOVED, but it was too hard to remove, so I tried this. I have naturally long lashes and was hoping for some volume and some curl. All this did was make my lashes look thinner and clump them all over each other. Awful!

on 11/11/2008 6:29:00 PM

I've tried it and I don't understand what the hype is all about. My lashes don't appear to be longer, and it doesn't make makeup removal any easier (cus isn't that what primers are supposed to do - act as a layer between your makeup and your skin/lashes?). Quite disappointed. Maybe I'm not using it correctly. Should you let it dry first or what? I've tried both ways and my lashes just look the same. The only good thing is that it did not make my mascara clump. Would not repurchase, although the price is reasonable.