Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 2/12/2010 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I should have realized that "moisturizing" would mean soaked with oil. These were soo greasy, and not just the pads in the bottom of the container, even the very first one was. The excess product mostly just smeared my makeup all over my eye area, and even made my eyes burn! I am a fan of the other type by Almay (sorry cant remember the name). However, I just assume wash my face with the light cleanser and use baby oil for the stubborn leftover mascara. This was a miss for me : /

on 2/12/2010 2:42:00 PM

My old roommate used to use these. I recently bought them and I love how quickly and easily they take off even the heaviest of makeup.

on 2/9/2010 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I didn't read the ingredients before purchasing. They do get all of my make up off. They are very oily, but I usually just dry my eyes with a towel and then use my facial cleanser.

on 2/7/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not know why there are so many negative reviews for this product. This is the only thing that will take off my waterproof mascara- and believe me I have tried ALOT of makeup removers. I have tried the non-oily one and it does not compare to this- so don't even try it. I have also tried the liquid form of this and it sucks too.
I think that people are turned off by it being really oily. But thats the point... It comes right off with your facewash.
I just got another container of this again today at Rite Aid for about five dollars.
I definitly recommend this to people that wear a lot of eyemakeup and waterproof mascara.

on 1/21/2010 9:45:00 PM

found this product waaaaaay to oily and had to use a few pads to get mascara (non waterproof) off . Left a greasy film over eyelids. I also found pads were a little scratchy.
Major issue was I had some kind of reaction and my eyes puffed up from using this product. Would not re-purchase obviously !

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG, and one of VERY few products I remain loyal to. Coconut oil and jojoba oil simply do not do as good of a job as removing makeup, and leave you with heaps of messy cotton balls. 8 out of 10 removers leave my lids itchy and red--this one doesn't. Also, despite my habitual use of waterproof mascara and liners (I never use regular,) my lashes are in great condition, and never fall out when I'm washing my makeup off with these. I would be devastated if almay quit making this product.

on 12/28/2009 2:31:00 AM

PROS: Does get the waterproof stuff off.

CONS: Too oily for me. Greasy film gets in my eyes.

ALTERNATES: For waterproof, I much prefer Paula's Choice makeup remover. For nonwaterproof, I much prefer the Almay non-oily makeup remover pads or still, Paula's Choice remover. The Paula's Choice one removes my waterproof mascara better than anything else I've tried. (Well, I've had some that work almost as well, but they burn the hell out of my eyes or leave an oily film.)

USAGE TIPS: If the pads don't seem to have enough product on them, just turn the container upside down for a night or two and it will even out.

on 12/25/2009 12:44:00 AM

I had been using the non-oily version of this for years, and one day I decided to try this version. I used them for a week or two, hoping I'd get used to them, but I didn't and ended up tossing them. They leave an awful layer of greasy nastiness which is definitely not a good thing to have under makeup because it makes everything smear twice as easily, not mention it just feels gross. I went back to the non-oily version which works just great.

on 12/24/2009 9:21:00 PM

I bought this two years ago, and I should probably discard it (it's become it's own grave in my medicine cabinet). Regardless, it was unpleasant. Beyond moisturizing, and more like greasy. It even burned my eyes a couple of times. And in the end, my lashes were gross. My eyes, were gross. Just an awful product.

on 12/18/2009 12:23:00 AM

I wish I found this site before I bought this thing. 3 pads barely removed my non waterproof mascara - but it was a lycra blend - and still had to rub out with tissue. after washing my face with soap/ exfoliator a million times, my oily eye circles remain. plus it irritated my eyelids. do not like.