July 29, 2014 | 2098 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by marildu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't read the ingredients before purchasing. They do get all of my make up off. They are very oily, but I usually just dry my eyes with a towel and then use my facial cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by jaebass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do not know why there are so many negative reviews for this product. This is the only thing that will take off my waterproof mascara- and believe me I have tried ALOT of makeup removers. I have tried the non-oily one and it does not compare to this- so don't even try it. I have also tried the liquid form of this and it sucks too.
I think that people are turned off by it being really oily. But thats the point... It comes right off with your facewash.
I just got another container of this again today at Rite Aid for about five dollars.
I definitly recommend this to people that wear a lot of eyemakeup and waterproof mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by TheMush

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

found this product waaaaaay to oily and had to use a few pads to get mascara (non waterproof) off . Left a greasy film over eyelids. I also found pads were a little scratchy.
Major issue was I had some kind of reaction and my eyes puffed up from using this product. Would not re-purchase obviously !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG, and one of VERY few products I remain loyal to. Coconut oil and jojoba oil simply do not do as good of a job as removing makeup, and leave you with heaps of messy cotton balls. 8 out of 10 removers leave my lids itchy and red--this one doesn't. Also, despite my habitual use of waterproof mascara and liners (I never use regular,) my lashes are in great condition, and never fall out when I'm washing my makeup off with these. I would be devastated if almay quit making this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Does get the waterproof stuff off.

CONS: Too oily for me. Greasy film gets in my eyes.

ALTERNATES: For waterproof, I much prefer Paula's Choice makeup remover. For nonwaterproof, I much prefer the Almay non-oily makeup remover pads or still, Paula's Choice remover. The Paula's Choice one removes my waterproof mascara better than anything else I've tried. (Well, I've had some that work almost as well, but they burn the hell out of my eyes or leave an oily film.)

USAGE TIPS: If the pads don't seem to have enough product on them, just turn the container upside down for a night or two and it will even out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had been using the non-oily version of this for years, and one day I decided to try this version. I used them for a week or two, hoping I'd get used to them, but I didn't and ended up tossing them. They leave an awful layer of greasy nastiness which is definitely not a good thing to have under makeup because it makes everything smear twice as easily, not mention it just feels gross. I went back to the non-oily version which works just great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I bought this two years ago, and I should probably discard it (it's become it's own grave in my medicine cabinet). Regardless, it was unpleasant. Beyond moisturizing, and more like greasy. It even burned my eyes a couple of times. And in the end, my lashes were gross. My eyes, were gross. Just an awful product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by jihunnie23

I wish I found this site before I bought this thing. 3 pads barely removed my non waterproof mascara - but it was a lycra blend - and still had to rub out with tissue. after washing my face with soap/ exfoliator a million times, my oily eye circles remain. plus it irritated my eyelids. do not like.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by csskkai

I feel the urge to defend and bash this product at the same time.
I'll start with defending it:
It DOES clearly say on the bottle that it is a Moisturizing formula. Also, if you read the ingredients, you'll see that the main ingredient is mineral oil. And it also removes makeup as promised. No false advertising
Negatives:
It is SO oily. Again, not a surprise since the main ingredient is mineral oil, but this remover is just downright unpleasant! It feels soooo oily that it goes beyond just moisturizing to turn you into a grease ball.
I left it on my tissue box accidentally, and it left an oil stain the size of a bowl. Ugh.
Overall, it removes makeup, but is just way too unpleasant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This stuff is really oily on your lids but it removes eye makeup super well because it is an oil formula. I do find that the oil free version of this is easier to used but I think this removes stubborn makeup better. I do find this one expensive and unnecessary. I mean its nice that it comes in a pad preloaded with oil but this is no different than if you went out and bought some jojoba oil, put some on a tissue, btw is what I used to take off my makeup everyday. Also, I use waterproof mascara, lots of eyeshadow and heavy eyeliner everyday. Jojoba oil is like a few bucks a bottle and I know that stuff is good for your skin and non comedogenic where as this stuff I'm not sure.