September 19, 2014 | 1203 users online

Lotions/ Creams - AmLactin 12%

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by c1wall

Edit: used for a while and did not feel that any change was really happening so discontinued.
_____________________________________________________________
I was super skeptical at first... and ive never been good about regularly applying a lotion. This stuff smells funky, comes in the kind of packaging you may expect at your grandmother's house and isnt the cheapest stuff you can get for your hard earned dollar. All that said... this stuff is amazing. Get past all that other stuff and give this lotion three days on your tough spots, you will love it. I developed what I believe to be KP or some skin condition that is pretty spot on similar on the backs of my thighs... no amount of scrubbing made any difference to help exfolliate. I read a few articles that suggested a mild soap (Dove) and this lotion. Everywhere it specified this particular lotion... no others. It is a little runny so it will make you wonder... but it really is great..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by tulipflower

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this many years ago when I was a teen. I bought it because I was experimenting with different brands and it was at the very bottom of the shelf. I use this AHA Lotion, Lac-Hydrin 12% sold in Canada pharmacy stores for my body, but at odd times, I have applied this on my face. This is not a luxury formulation but it does it's job and gently exfoliate dry skin, but I would also say it is safe to apply on oily skin without clogging pores. My skin always feel extremely smooth, soft, and extremely firm. I've been using this for years and it never fails to work so well. I would say that I use one bottle per month if used regularly for 225 mL.
The scent is smell strong to me, but to my husband, he thinks is smells very mild and smell like cream. The scent disappears quickly and does not affect any perfume you applied afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Catzel

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Disappointing. The pH is 4.5, which puts it on the upper limit of effective for an AHA. Not very moisturizing, and I had to mix it with vinegar to achieve any exfoliation. I didn't finish the bottle, and it was a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! My derm recommended for ingrown hairs and KP, which I have a mild case of on my upper arm and calf. It is worth using it generously for best results. I've recently started using it on my face. I had a mild PMS breakout on my forehead and it left some marks and tightness (I used Proactive repairing lotion on the breakout for a few days that left me dry). I'm using it on there at nighttime. I'll update when if it seems to make a difference. Also, I'm using it on my neck at nighttime. Also, my cat scratched my face pretty deeply and left a small scar. As soon as the scab was gone and it was healed, I started putting this stuff on. A few days later, the scar is less raised! Edit: I had scaly eyelids and I put this stuff on for two nights and now my eyelids are smooth! This lotion doesn't irritate my skin at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by moppie2005

Along with the AmLactin XL, this product is a holy grail item for me. I have it in use at all times, especially in the winter for my super dry skin. Since using this product, it has really kept my body from turning flaky and ashy.

Although I don't have the problem of KP, I hear that it helps heal them really well.

So far, I have found it is the cheapest at Costco $16.99 for 500ml.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by brookebaird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have Kp on the back of my arms - the little white and red bumps that won't go away and become worse with scrubbing.
I have tried several creams and prescription but the Amlactin lotion works best on this area. After a week of use I saw a smoother surface. After a month, I still have some outbreaks but I can wear sleeveless tops without looking like a have some "icky" skin condition. While not perfect, it's the best solution I have found.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This summer I went to the doctor to see how to deal with my bacne, which had gotten pretty bad and was bothering me a lot. To my surprise, she told me it wasn't bacne but KP. She told me to "exfoliate a lot". I already use scrubby mitts in the shower almost every day so I didn't really understand how I could possibly exfoliate more than I already do. Thanks to MUA I was turned on to lactic acid as a treatment for KP. I read the reviews, and they had AmLactin 12% at my local CVS, available without a prescription, for $15.79. I've never used body lotion before because I thought it was causing my "bacne", so it's a little strange for me. But I have to say this stuff definitely helps! Like the previous poster said, SLATHER it on. When I use this regularly it really helps heal the bumps. It's still pretty bumpy back there at the momnt because it had gotten really bad, but the KP on my arms is mostly gone and I'm hoping my back will clear up almost completely. On the negative side, it does reek of ammonia. I've found the smell stays for quite a while. Also, it takes a long, long time to sink in. I wouldn't wear this during the day for both these reasons, so I have another shower at night to put it on. Overall I think this is a great product for KP and the pros definitely outweigh the cons! But I did take off one lippie for the smell and time commitment involved.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this product for about 3 months, and it did help clear up my keratosis pillaris. The KP on my upper arms is the type where my little arm hairs get stuck in the pores and coil up, leaving a dark brownish bump. There's a small bit of hardened *stuff* in the pore as well.

My KP got better only after I started SLATHERING this stuff on. Don't go for the wimpy amount that you use for most lotions, it won't work with this lotion. Use enough so that you have to stand there and rub it in for a minute or two. Kind of annoying, but when I put up with it for a few weeks, I saw drastic improvements in my KP. However, it does not do much, if anything at all, for the hyperpigmentation left behind.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

I am writing about LacHydrin, which I presume is a similar product. It is completely my HG skin lotion and the skin on my legs and arms has never looked so good. I have been using this for about 5 years and it has cleared up those keratosis bumpies that I've had on my upper arms for 30 years. Before using a 12% lactic acid lotion, I used to moisturise morning and night, every day. Now I can get away with lotioning up only after bathing. I really love this - and it is much cheaper than the glycolic acid-based lotions (I have used Reversa and NeoStrata), which are great, but not more effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

My dermatologist recommended this product to me after determining that I have the driest skin EVER! I started some exfoliation in the shower before using it and within days could see and feel such a difference. I have been using it now for three months and it is by far the best lotion for super dry skins I have ever used - and I have tried my share, believe me! Highly recommend spending a little more for this product. The smell isn't all that great and the packaging could be more user friendly but I would still give it a try. It might help you like it has me.