AmLactin 12%

4.3

Water, Lactic Acid (Neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide), Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth 4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose

Slow but Steady progress sums it up. Great with Retin A. Works under makeup for me. Really smoothes skin and bumps. Helps prevent ingrown hairs. Can mix it with advocato oil or another moisturizer. Really whitens my nails. I could go on, but you get the idea. Cons: burns until your skin gets used to it or when you have a nik. You can dilute it with oil until skin gets used to it. A Great product!

on 3/6/2010 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I get razor burn quite easily, especially on my bikini line. I read somewhere that after shaving, you use this to moisturize and exfoliate. The results have been almost 100%. So, I greatly recommend this product. The smell is not great, but not terrible. And, I think a pump container would work best, but these issues are minor compared to the actual results you get. Will buy again and again.

on 2/26/2010 5:00:00 PM

I liked it for the first few days I used it. I have keratosis pilaris, and it seemed to ease the bumps and redness. Sadly, a week later, my skin broke into a flaming rash and began to peel. Will not repurchase, and will continue to look for a cure for my KP.

on 2/20/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Overall, good product.
It definitely smooths out my skin and makes it feel a lot less bumpy. However, I have KP (like many of the people here) and this unfortunately did not get rid of them. I was not expecting a complete removal but was hoping that they would subside at least. It mostly just got rid of the redness and made it smoother. Would repurchase unless I found a better product.

on 2/12/2010 11:02:00 AM

I have used this for years, and my mom does also. It's GREAT for the areas that get those little bumps or extra dry. Since I think it's a little pricey for an everyday lotion, I use another kind on areas of my body that are not overly dry. It makes my skin really soft!

on 2/12/2010 9:10:00 AM

Edit: used for a while and did not feel that any change was really happening so discontinued.
_____________________________________________________________
I was super skeptical at first... and ive never been good about regularly applying a lotion. This stuff smells funky, comes in the kind of packaging you may expect at your grandmother's house and isnt the cheapest stuff you can get for your hard earned dollar. All that said... this stuff is amazing. Get past all that other stuff and give this lotion three days on your tough spots, you will love it. I developed what I believe to be KP or some skin condition that is pretty spot on similar on the backs of my thighs... no amount of scrubbing made any difference to help exfolliate. I read a few articles that suggested a mild soap (Dove) and this lotion. Everywhere it specified this particular lotion... no others. It is a little runny so it will make you wonder... but it really is great..

on 2/6/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I got this many years ago when I was a teen. I bought it because I was experimenting with different brands and it was at the very bottom of the shelf. I use this AHA Lotion, Lac-Hydrin 12% sold in Canada pharmacy stores for my body, but at odd times, I have applied this on my face. This is not a luxury formulation but it does it's job and gently exfoliate dry skin, but I would also say it is safe to apply on oily skin without clogging pores. My skin always feel extremely smooth, soft, and extremely firm. I've been using this for years and it never fails to work so well. I would say that I use one bottle per month if used regularly for 225 mL.
The scent is smell strong to me, but to my husband, he thinks is smells very mild and smell like cream. The scent disappears quickly and does not affect any perfume you applied afterwards.

on 2/1/2010 5:31:00 PM

Disappointing. The pH is 4.5, which puts it on the upper limit of effective for an AHA. Not very moisturizing, and I had to mix it with vinegar to achieve any exfoliation. I didn't finish the bottle, and it was a waste of money.

on 1/19/2010 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! My derm recommended for ingrown hairs and KP, which I have a mild case of on my upper arm and calf. It is worth using it generously for best results. I've recently started using it on my face. I had a mild PMS breakout on my forehead and it left some marks and tightness (I used Proactive repairing lotion on the breakout for a few days that left me dry). I'm using it on there at nighttime. I'll update when if it seems to make a difference. Also, I'm using it on my neck at nighttime. Also, my cat scratched my face pretty deeply and left a small scar. As soon as the scab was gone and it was healed, I started putting this stuff on. A few days later, the scar is less raised! Edit: I had scaly eyelids and I put this stuff on for two nights and now my eyelids are smooth! This lotion doesn't irritate my skin at all!

on 1/10/2010 7:51:00 PM

Along with the AmLactin XL, this product is a holy grail item for me. I have it in use at all times, especially in the winter for my super dry skin. Since using this product, it has really kept my body from turning flaky and ashy.

Although I don't have the problem of KP, I hear that it helps heal them really well.

So far, I have found it is the cheapest at Costco $16.99 for 500ml.