October 21, 2014 | 1487 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Poison

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite perfumes. It's very distinct and rich - it's a hard perfume to describe! It's a little floral, a little woody, a little spicy...and I just love it. Definitely my signature scent, and definitely a rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by feili

Even with the EDT, I delight in richness of this perfume. Upon spray, I get visions of dancing light in a dark room. A hint of smokiness and ripeness. It's both sophisticated and playful. A perfect creation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2008 5:33:00 AM More reviews by jeanol

I love this but just cannot wear it. It is such an overwhelming, distinctive perfume......needs a lot of confidence to wear

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When my mom wore this in the '80s, it always smelled like grape cough syrup to me. She recently offered me a huge, 6.8-ounce bottle of Poison EDP and I was tempted to add it to my collection just for the luxury aspect-- but I sprayed it on lightly and all I could think was "cough syrup and wintergreen disinfectant."
It's heavy, ominous, cloying, and very dated, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by meltorme2005

Love this stuff. Just a dab will do ya. We're talking one tiny spritz and it lasts all day. It's a very sexy and unique fragrance. The bottle looks cool, too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Apt name for a perfume that can put me down with a migraine. I mean, I see lights, get tunnel vision, then fall into a two-day abyss of cranial agony. If I'm lucky it will only send me into a fit of allergic misery. And it's so STRONG! It's worse than Clinique Aromatics Elixir, which just give me horrible flashbacks to kindergarten.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is gagging-bad. Strong, overpowering tuberose flowers on a corpse that is starting to rot with that horrible sweet smell.... I abhor it. I can't believe it's considered a classic and that it's still in production when so many fantastic things are not. Note (from Now Smell This): orange blossom, honey, cinnamon, coriander, pepper, plum, rosewood, rose, tuberose, wild berries, cistus labdanum, carnation, jasmine, cedar, sandalwood, vetiver, musk, vanilla, heliotrope and opopanax.
Ah, I see. Plum and berries (wild ones, no less) doing their rotting routine. Great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by niferphoto

I can't help it - I'm a sucker for the scent. From the first ad campaign they had me, a perfume called poison! Who could resist. That being said I think there are 2 keys to it's sucess: 1). you need to use the Esprit De Parfum not the EdT. I find that the scent is really different in the bottle with the stopper (non-spray). Plus the spray bottle deposits way too much scent at one time. That's the whole reason people don't like this scent - it's too strong to be applied with a spritzer top. the 2nd is your own chemistry; on some people this scent just works - on others it really IS death (haha) - follow these two tricks (well if you can call your body chemistry a trick) and you'll leave them swooning in your wake. Smells like honey, blackberries, burgundy wine and spice.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by alabasterkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great currant-y cold as ice oriental. One spritz is enough for an elephant, however, so it must be applied sparingly - overapplication will utterly ruin it. I feel like it's only appropriate in the winter, for some reason. It's sweet, feminine, and strong!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2008 9:02:00 PM More reviews by SadSadie

I first started wearing Poison when I was very young (still in high school) and back then...it was very dramatic. My classmates often commented on it, they either loved it (the girls) or hated it (the boys). Now that I inhabit the (mostly) adult world, I find it's not so much of a shocker or a conversation piece anymore. I also, unfortunately find it doesn't really work on me. It's still very big, very lush, the perfume equivalent of a grand Shiraz, but I now find it kind of annoying (at least on me). I actually wouldn't mind smelling this on a man!