December 20, 2014 | 1687 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Poison

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by TrashyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This fragrance is insanely STRONG. It's the strongest fragrance I've ever smelled, and I've smelled a lot!! I was shopping and smelled it and sprayed some on and I really liked it, so much that I bought it. But after wearing it only a couple of times... it became waay too strong for me (and I LOVE strong fragrances, but this one was way too much) and it started to make me sick and nauseous and it started giving me headaches, which had never happened to me with any fragrances, and I LOVE strong fragrances, but not to this extreme. One really tiny spritz of this fragance is enough for you to make any room you're in and anywhere you walk by smell absolutely like Poison, it's that strong. And honestly, it truly is like poison, this perfume is able to knock people out if you wear too much of it (and too much of it can be only 2 sprays!!)... it's not that the scent is bad at all because I do like it a lot, but I hate that strong thing that it has which is what makes me get sick. I'd totally LOVE it if it was the same scent but waaaay much lighter. It's not fruity at all, it's not foody or vanilla-ish at all either, it's just an insanely strong floral I guess and I love how it smells, but it's crazy strong, and I own the EDT, don't wanna even imagine how INSANELY crazy sickening strong the EDP must be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite perfumes. It's very distinct and rich - it's a hard perfume to describe! It's a little floral, a little woody, a little spicy...and I just love it. Definitely my signature scent, and definitely a rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by feili

Even with the EDT, I delight in richness of this perfume. Upon spray, I get visions of dancing light in a dark room. A hint of smokiness and ripeness. It's both sophisticated and playful. A perfect creation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2008 5:33:00 AM More reviews by jeanol

I love this but just cannot wear it. It is such an overwhelming, distinctive perfume......needs a lot of confidence to wear

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When my mom wore this in the '80s, it always smelled like grape cough syrup to me. She recently offered me a huge, 6.8-ounce bottle of Poison EDP and I was tempted to add it to my collection just for the luxury aspect-- but I sprayed it on lightly and all I could think was "cough syrup and wintergreen disinfectant."
It's heavy, ominous, cloying, and very dated, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by meltorme2005

Love this stuff. Just a dab will do ya. We're talking one tiny spritz and it lasts all day. It's a very sexy and unique fragrance. The bottle looks cool, too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Apt name for a perfume that can put me down with a migraine. I mean, I see lights, get tunnel vision, then fall into a two-day abyss of cranial agony. If I'm lucky it will only send me into a fit of allergic misery. And it's so STRONG! It's worse than Clinique Aromatics Elixir, which just give me horrible flashbacks to kindergarten.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is gagging-bad. Strong, overpowering tuberose flowers on a corpse that is starting to rot with that horrible sweet smell.... I abhor it. I can't believe it's considered a classic and that it's still in production when so many fantastic things are not. Note (from Now Smell This): orange blossom, honey, cinnamon, coriander, pepper, plum, rosewood, rose, tuberose, wild berries, cistus labdanum, carnation, jasmine, cedar, sandalwood, vetiver, musk, vanilla, heliotrope and opopanax.
Ah, I see. Plum and berries (wild ones, no less) doing their rotting routine. Great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by niferphoto

I can't help it - I'm a sucker for the scent. From the first ad campaign they had me, a perfume called poison! Who could resist. That being said I think there are 2 keys to it's sucess: 1). you need to use the Esprit De Parfum not the EdT. I find that the scent is really different in the bottle with the stopper (non-spray). Plus the spray bottle deposits way too much scent at one time. That's the whole reason people don't like this scent - it's too strong to be applied with a spritzer top. the 2nd is your own chemistry; on some people this scent just works - on others it really IS death (haha) - follow these two tricks (well if you can call your body chemistry a trick) and you'll leave them swooning in your wake. Smells like honey, blackberries, burgundy wine and spice.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by alabasterkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great currant-y cold as ice oriental. One spritz is enough for an elephant, however, so it must be applied sparingly - overapplication will utterly ruin it. I feel like it's only appropriate in the winter, for some reason. It's sweet, feminine, and strong!