October 23, 2014 | 2194 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 10:59:00 AM More reviews by lolo10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE these little pigments....granted, the bottles are a little small...but i just use an old (clean) contact case to dump a bit in to use...a little goes a LONG way so theres no need to shake out a bunch....I read a few other reviews on concerns with not knowing the names of the colors once the cap comes off..all i did was peel the labels off and re-suck them so they wrap around the bottle instead of going long-ways...anywho...i bought 3 for 0.99/bottle...super inexpensive for such great colors/quality ...I'll definitely be purchasing more colors soon :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by wickedbatman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the pay off on these too! However they do need to make a better container for these, The bottle tops are too small, So it is best to either put them into a sample jar or press the pigments, But great pay off :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 7:24:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently bought all 24 colours and I love them so much I just ordered 24 more on Ebay. I rarely go this crazy, but these pigments by NYX are fantastic. They consist of 100% minerals: Mica, Iron Oxides and Titanium Dioxide. So you get a 100% natural product, no synthetics and no animal ingredients. These pigments are also dirt cheap. I got mine for 1$/ 5 ml bottle, which is by far the cheapest I ever paid for mineral eye shadow.

I dont have any problem with the bottle. The opening is just the right size for my angled brush; in fact all my brushes fit in perfectly. Someone mentioned they could barely fit a q-tip, which is an exaggeration. I would advise not to use a big brush for mineral eyeshadow, because it will pick up too much pigment and you will be left with tons of fall-out and wasted product. So use a small brush that will pick up a small amount of powder, draw a line on your eyelid and then if you want to -use a bigger brush for defining or smudging. I use TBS brushes which are best suitable for mineral makeup and are the smoothest, imho.

If you want more pigment to stick and show, you'll definitely need a good base. With the right primer, the pigments stay put, and you get a more vibrant colour.

Speaking of colours, I adore all except the blue ones. Luckily they are just a few. There are wonderful shades of gray, brown and pink that are my favourites. I mix the blue ones with some gray to get darker colour. That's the beauty of mineral makeup: the pigments are loose and you can mix them to create new colors. I mixed some shades with my mineral foundation (Isadora) and that works too. You can create more matte look that way.

These pigments are more metallic than pearly/frosty, imho, but it's nothing extreme. Thankfully the glitter in these is finely milled, so it's easy to create a subtle look. But the gray shades are wonderful for a dramatic smoky eye.

Names of the shades are only printed on a big sticker on the bottle, (including the cap). I just make a small cut with a knife so that I can open the cap, and keep the sticker on the bottle. Some colors look similar in the bottle, but not on the eyelid, so this way I avoid making a mistake.

PS. As a contact lens wearer, I don't experience any problems or irritation with these pigments.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Swtest2lips2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the complete set of NYX pigments and I absolutely looove them! They are sooo affordable and pigmented. I dont have much of a problem with the packaging-I just flip the bottle upside down, give it a tap, flip it back and open the cap. The pigment powder will be on the cap and Ill just dip my eyeshadow brush in the cap. ~Viola~ The shades are verrry shimmery btw! Would def purchase again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ellesluvsmac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is such a sad review because i love the colours i bought one to see how i liked it before i bought more and luckily i did because they were horrible to work with the container is so small and the mouth of the container could barely fit a q tip in it i had to pour some out on a pallet to get it on my brush and it made such a mess it was all over my face. it was so pigmented i got pearl rust (or somthing like that) and it barely stuck to my eyelids
if your good at pressing pigments then they would be great for you but other then that i wouldn't waste my time or money im def not going to buy another one of those again

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by MuyBuena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are a MESS to work with. They come in a little tiny jar that you can barely get an eyeshadow brush in. There is TONS of fall out all over your face, and they don't stick well to your eyelid.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Liita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought some NYX products the other day, among them a pigment in purple, and I loved it so much that today I went to the store again and bought two more -silver and turquoise-, eventually Ill buy all that are available at the store because I LOVE em!!! I love the cute little bottle they come in (tho I agree its a mess to get them out with a brush -but I refuse to transfer to other container) it looks so good, great pigmentation, so vibrant and are very easy to apply -even by a makeup newby like me!!- and the staying power is surprisingly good!! even without a base it stays, what I like the most of NYX eyeshadow -except the jumbo shadow pencils- is that they are fragance free, thats a plus. Ill keep buying them cuz theyre THE best eyeshadow Ive had so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by surrah

Gorgeous colours. Easy to apply and blend. Very pigmented. Wonderful colour payoff and staying power. Only complaint is packaging. Cute but not easy to use. Had to transfere all colours to different jars.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 6:39:00 AM More reviews by SarahAfshar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first discovered NYX cosmetics when I was doing a search on MAC pigments. During my search, I had the opportunity to discover the prestige and quality of such an affordable product. It was then that I was ultimately swayed to purchase the pigments for myself. Although the pigments seem huge, they are rather small (not too small to the extent they are misleading in pictures, but about 5 gm), but radically modest. The colors are beautiful and since the powders in these pigments are loose, you can create your own pigment by mixing the shades together. What made me extremely impressed with NYX Ultra Pearl Mania was the fact these shades look even prettier in person and are so versatile and flexible, they work whether for a natural or dramatic kind of look. You can apply them as an eyeshadow or even a luminizer, as well as, top for gloss. You don't even need that much to achieve the desired effect and knowing that these pigments do not burn a hole in your wallet, makes them even more interesting. If you are looking for a great pigment that is universal, yet effective for a rather affordable price, NYX Pearl Mania is your product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jmal

I just ordered a few of these from cherryculture.com just to see how they were. I like the colors, very pretty, but very shimmery. I've found that if I use them with a matte color they aren't so bad. I hate the container though, very narrow, and it's hard to dip a brush in them. I will be buying some sifter jars, and I'm sure that will make it easier to use. But for 99 cents, you can't beat the colors and the payoff is really nice. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer underneath, and that really helps with the staying power.