April 24, 2014 | 1073 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Swtest2lips2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the complete set of NYX pigments and I absolutely looove them! They are sooo affordable and pigmented. I dont have much of a problem with the packaging-I just flip the bottle upside down, give it a tap, flip it back and open the cap. The pigment powder will be on the cap and Ill just dip my eyeshadow brush in the cap. ~Viola~ The shades are verrry shimmery btw! Would def purchase again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ellesluvsmac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is such a sad review because i love the colours i bought one to see how i liked it before i bought more and luckily i did because they were horrible to work with the container is so small and the mouth of the container could barely fit a q tip in it i had to pour some out on a pallet to get it on my brush and it made such a mess it was all over my face. it was so pigmented i got pearl rust (or somthing like that) and it barely stuck to my eyelids
if your good at pressing pigments then they would be great for you but other then that i wouldn't waste my time or money im def not going to buy another one of those again

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by MuyBuena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are a MESS to work with. They come in a little tiny jar that you can barely get an eyeshadow brush in. There is TONS of fall out all over your face, and they don't stick well to your eyelid.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Liita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought some NYX products the other day, among them a pigment in purple, and I loved it so much that today I went to the store again and bought two more -silver and turquoise-, eventually Ill buy all that are available at the store because I LOVE em!!! I love the cute little bottle they come in (tho I agree its a mess to get them out with a brush -but I refuse to transfer to other container) it looks so good, great pigmentation, so vibrant and are very easy to apply -even by a makeup newby like me!!- and the staying power is surprisingly good!! even without a base it stays, what I like the most of NYX eyeshadow -except the jumbo shadow pencils- is that they are fragance free, thats a plus. Ill keep buying them cuz theyre THE best eyeshadow Ive had so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by surrah

Gorgeous colours. Easy to apply and blend. Very pigmented. Wonderful colour payoff and staying power. Only complaint is packaging. Cute but not easy to use. Had to transfere all colours to different jars.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 6:39:00 AM More reviews by SarahAfshar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first discovered NYX cosmetics when I was doing a search on MAC pigments. During my search, I had the opportunity to discover the prestige and quality of such an affordable product. It was then that I was ultimately swayed to purchase the pigments for myself. Although the pigments seem huge, they are rather small (not too small to the extent they are misleading in pictures, but about 5 gm), but radically modest. The colors are beautiful and since the powders in these pigments are loose, you can create your own pigment by mixing the shades together. What made me extremely impressed with NYX Ultra Pearl Mania was the fact these shades look even prettier in person and are so versatile and flexible, they work whether for a natural or dramatic kind of look. You can apply them as an eyeshadow or even a luminizer, as well as, top for gloss. You don't even need that much to achieve the desired effect and knowing that these pigments do not burn a hole in your wallet, makes them even more interesting. If you are looking for a great pigment that is universal, yet effective for a rather affordable price, NYX Pearl Mania is your product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jmal

I just ordered a few of these from cherryculture.com just to see how they were. I like the colors, very pretty, but very shimmery. I've found that if I use them with a matte color they aren't so bad. I hate the container though, very narrow, and it's hard to dip a brush in them. I will be buying some sifter jars, and I'm sure that will make it easier to use. But for 99 cents, you can't beat the colors and the payoff is really nice. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer underneath, and that really helps with the staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by dbp1515

These are gorgeous little pigments! They are very shimmery and very pigmented and extremely messy! I've noticed that they don't always go on the same color as seen in the bottle, but they are all gorgeous and can be built up or down for intensity or softness. The pigment itself is very fine and easy to blend and I haven't had much trouble with fallout. I have had a lot of trouble with using them though! The opening for the bottle is incredibly narrow so that most eyeshadow brushes won't be able to fit. Sometimes some pigment escapes and if there's any wind or breeze it will wind up all over you. I have taken to trying to dump a tiny bit out on say a post-it or a magazine card and dipping my brush in that. You don't need very much so even though the containers are tiny, they should last a while. Then when you are done you can fold the paper in half and gently pour it back into the container :) The only thing I don't like, besides the opening, is that the names of the pigments are on the labels which, when you peel off (b/c they keep the caps closed) leaves you clueless (or at least I'm clueless) as to which pigment is which. I guess the next one I'll buy I'll try to leave at least the name part of the label on the pigment. HTH!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 3:02:00 AM More reviews by pinkcl0uds

Very vibrant and pigmented! I bought them in 13 colors and loved every single one of them!!!!! They go on soo smooth too! Another fabulous product from NYX!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by coop008

I just recently bought NYX pigments (the set of 24 shades) and I love them. The colors are great. At first I was not using a base before I applied the pigment so the color was coming out very sheer. After use a base the colors showed a lot better on my skin. They also say to use the jumbo pencil and the color will come out brighter as well. I have not gotten any jumbo pencils from NYX as of yet but I will be and I can not wait to use the pigments and jumbo pencils together, to see how they come out.......