NYX Ultra Pearl Mania

Price: $

Price: $

Mica (and) Iron Oxides (and) Titanium Dioxide

on 9/19/2008 10:34:00 AM

It might seem like common sense to us jaded makeup users, but for your own sanity please make sure to transfer any loose eyeshadows to a different container once you get them. These little bottles are cute but not very good at keeping the dust in once they've been opened.

These are super shimmery and nicely pigmented. So cheap for so much product, too. I think I might have to split these with a friend, there's way too much for me to use. NYX works so well and is such a value that if I never try MAC I think I'll be just fine.

on 9/17/2008 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love NYX!! hehe, I buy wholesales form eBay, so I have all the UPM and it as worth it Great highlighters, and I transferred them to 3grm jars to use easier, which is great b/c I gave some to my mom and a friend to try out, it will last many plus applications. Very shinny, best are pearl, white pearl, nude, yellow-gold, and turquoise! but they all good. Good quality of the product.

Edit: I bought these a while back so I don't not own the new 6 colors.

I recommend:

Highlight colors
Pearl, Nude, White (White is a good frosty white), sky pink, mink (slightly darker than Nude)

Lid/ Pops of colors/Crease: Walnut, Lime Green, Turquoise, Space, and Purple

but they're all good!

on 8/21/2008 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have almost every shade. The bottles are annoying but the colors are great. Love them. All very shimmery so some might find them difficult to wear. But on the other hand the colors can be applied sheerly to help w/the wearable angle
Edit: Took a lippie off because the shimmer can be over the top

on 8/16/2008 10:59:00 AM

I love love LOVE these little pigments....granted, the bottles are a little small...but i just use an old (clean) contact case to dump a bit in to use...a little goes a LONG way so theres no need to shake out a bunch....I read a few other reviews on concerns with not knowing the names of the colors once the cap comes off..all i did was peel the labels off and re-suck them so they wrap around the bottle instead of going long-ways...anywho...i bought 3 for 0.99/bottle...super inexpensive for such great colors/quality ...I'll definitely be purchasing more colors soon :)

on 8/12/2008 11:26:00 AM

I love the pay off on these too! However they do need to make a better container for these, The bottle tops are too small, So it is best to either put them into a sample jar or press the pigments, But great pay off :)

I recently bought all 24 colours and I love them so much I just ordered 24 more on Ebay. I rarely go this crazy, but these pigments by NYX are fantastic. They consist of 100% minerals: Mica, Iron Oxides and Titanium Dioxide. So you get a 100% natural product, no synthetics and no animal ingredients. These pigments are also dirt cheap. I got mine for 1$/ 5 ml bottle, which is by far the cheapest I ever paid for mineral eye shadow.

I dont have any problem with the bottle. The opening is just the right size for my angled brush; in fact all my brushes fit in perfectly. Someone mentioned they could barely fit a q-tip, which is an exaggeration. I would advise not to use a big brush for mineral eyeshadow, because it will pick up too much pigment and you will be left with tons of fall-out and wasted product. So use a small brush that will pick up a small amount of powder, draw a line on your eyelid and then if you want to -use a bigger brush for defining or smudging. I use TBS brushes which are best suitable for mineral makeup and are the smoothest, imho.

If you want more pigment to stick and show, you'll definitely need a good base. With the right primer, the pigments stay put, and you get a more vibrant colour.

Speaking of colours, I adore all except the blue ones. Luckily they are just a few. There are wonderful shades of gray, brown and pink that are my favourites. I mix the blue ones with some gray to get darker colour. That's the beauty of mineral makeup: the pigments are loose and you can mix them to create new colors. I mixed some shades with my mineral foundation (Isadora) and that works too. You can create more matte look that way.

These pigments are more metallic than pearly/frosty, imho, but it's nothing extreme. Thankfully the glitter in these is finely milled, so it's easy to create a subtle look. But the gray shades are wonderful for a dramatic smoky eye.

Names of the shades are only printed on a big sticker on the bottle, (including the cap). I just make a small cut with a knife so that I can open the cap, and keep the sticker on the bottle. Some colors look similar in the bottle, but not on the eyelid, so this way I avoid making a mistake.

PS. As a contact lens wearer, I don't experience any problems or irritation with these pigments.
continued >>

I bought the complete set of NYX pigments and I absolutely looove them! They are sooo affordable and pigmented. I dont have much of a problem with the packaging-I just flip the bottle upside down, give it a tap, flip it back and open the cap. The pigment powder will be on the cap and Ill just dip my eyeshadow brush in the cap. ~Viola~ The shades are verrry shimmery btw! Would def purchase again!

on 7/19/2008 11:45:00 PM

this is such a sad review because i love the colours i bought one to see how i liked it before i bought more and luckily i did because they were horrible to work with the container is so small and the mouth of the container could barely fit a q tip in it i had to pour some out on a pallet to get it on my brush and it made such a mess it was all over my face. it was so pigmented i got pearl rust (or somthing like that) and it barely stuck to my eyelids
if your good at pressing pigments then they would be great for you but other then that i wouldn't waste my time or money im def not going to buy another one of those again

on 7/13/2008 3:44:00 PM

These are a MESS to work with. They come in a little tiny jar that you can barely get an eyeshadow brush in. There is TONS of fall out all over your face, and they don't stick well to your eyelid.

on 7/8/2008 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I just bought some NYX products the other day, among them a pigment in purple, and I loved it so much that today I went to the store again and bought two more -silver and turquoise-, eventually Ill buy all that are available at the store because I LOVE em!!! I love the cute little bottle they come in (tho I agree its a mess to get them out with a brush -but I refuse to transfer to other container) it looks so good, great pigmentation, so vibrant and are very easy to apply -even by a makeup newby like me!!- and the staying power is surprisingly good!! even without a base it stays, what I like the most of NYX eyeshadow -except the jumbo shadow pencils- is that they are fragance free, thats a plus. Ill keep buying them cuz theyre THE best eyeshadow Ive had so far.