July 29, 2014 | 1924 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Shizuku2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Funny how things come full circle. This is my HG foundation, i can honestly say that. I used this foundation when i was in college years and years ago (like 15? years ago) when it first launched, and loved it, but i was a broke college student with only drugstore foundation in my budget. Once i ran out, i never repurchased and thought i'd move on to "bigger and better" things, and switched to more expensive department store foundation. But i was never able to find a perfect color match (although i did like some of the formulations/coverage/lasting ability of many of them). I have a weird skin tone (i'm half Asian, and the caucasian side of me has lots of reddish undertones), so out of frustration decided to come back to True Match and sure enough, i remembered why i loved it so much and it's an absolute perfect color match for me (in the Neutral line classic ivory). It has medium buildable coverage, goes on so smoothly and evenly (i love how fluid it is), and an almost-matte finish (close to satin-y in my opinion). It doesn't break me out (i don't get breakouts very often anyway), and has fairly good staying power. It's very cheap, can be found in any drugstore, and probably the only con i would say is the bottle (wish it had a pump). It's so light that it really feels like you have nothing on your skin (and no joke, i've used several BB creams that felt much heavier than this), and doesn't accentuate fine lines or pores on me (again, i've had BB creams that were worse in this aspect). Love this foundation, after so many years of searching i'm so glad to have found a holy grail foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by xdanilouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on streaky and sticks to dry patches on your skin. Also wears off during the day and is quite expensive considering it doesn't do much!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Choievelyn3

This product's coverage is amazing! Medium to full coverage, but after a few hours, the foundation starts to look cakey. Also the foundation made me breakout, but because the coverage, I'm giving it 3 stars. The bottle makes a mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ivanenrile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this foundation! Not my HG yet (I'm still on the search for the ONE), but I really enjoy this foundation.

In terms of consistency, it is very creamy and very smooth to apply. I use my flat top buffing brush or damp beauty blender sponge and it gives me pixel-perfect coverage.

Coverage is medium to full. It has some sparkles in it, but they are really not visible to the naked eye. The finish is semi-matte to matte. By the third hour, my T-Zone and cheeks would start to get oily, but that's usually my experience even with other foundation that I have tried that claim great longevity (ie Revlon ColorStay, Shiseido). I just blot my face with a single sheet of tissue and I look fresh again.

But what really attracted me to this foundation is its wide selection of colors, especially for those with warm/yellow undertones. THIS IS THE ONLY DRUGSTORE foundation that I know that genuinely suits warm/yellow undertones. I have tried CoverGirl, Photoready and Colorstay shades that are supposed to match those with warm undertones, but they still run PINK to me. Not cute.

This foundation has Titanium Dioxide (for SPF), so it tends to leave a white cast under flash photography. It's not really that horrible (unlike ColorStay), because I make sure I don't pack too much amount on my face and that I blot it with a damp sponge after leaving it to set for a few minutes. (I really don't understand why cosmetic companies add SPF to their foundation. Foundations with SPF are useless anyway because a strength of 15-20 isn't going to protect you. Might as well use an SPF 30 PA+++ or higher under regular foundation). Also, you need to exfoliate and moisturise well before putting on this foundation, otherwise, it can accentuate your dry patches.

So minus points for the unnecessary SPF, but I'm just happy that I've finally found a TRUE MATCH for my yellow/warm undertone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MicahIsBored

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I think I would have LOVED this foundation if it was for my skins reaction to it!

Okay so, I spent months looking up reviews and Youtube tutorials all about this product! and thought I may have found the one! they said it would give you a natural finish, It wouldn't look greasy or caked on. So I thought I was in the clear.

Now, I love the color selection. the only flaw in that is that the colors look so much darker in the bottle then on the skin. I was so afraid I was going to get a color to dark for me (Which they all looked to dark for me) that I got N-porcelain (Way to light for me)

Anyway, I got home excited to try it out! put a little near my jaw line (It blended into my skin nicely) and I let it sit (Like I do with all new foundations)

Now through out the day I noticed that my skin was feeling super tight and itchy.
I thought nothing of it until I wash my face that night, I saw some kind of redness, I thought it was strange so the next morning I tried it again, this time on my forehead. just a little patch over my right eyebrow. and when I washed my face at night, in the spot where I put the foundation it was red, dry and there were little bumps!

Well, it's safe to say I returned it the next day. (Thank God my local Walmart will let you return open makeup products)

It's a shame this product didn't like my skin, I had such high hopes for it.

Here are the pros and cons (Not including my reaction to it)

Pros: Blends nicely, Doesn't smell of anything,

Cons: Little bits of sparkle (if you are looking for matte, this is not for you), The bottle doesn't have a pump, It's hard to find a nice color for you without testing it (which some places wont let you do)

Coverage: Light to Light-Medium

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I, too, do not understand the hype about this product. Let me start off by saying that it is YELLOW - I looked in a mirror while in Sephora and almost screamed when I saw how yellow my face looked (I was wearing True Match that day). It looks amazing when you first apply it, but then it dries to this strange, unnatural, paint-like yellow colour. Not just orange, but yellow - So strange! It looks so stupid compared to my neck, which I never put foundation on. It's really too bad, because as I said, it looks amazing when you first apply it. I seriously do not get how Lauren Curtis (YouTube beauty guru) makes it look so flawless. It just looks horrid on me :/

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by bianca123

I personally do not understand the hype on this foundation.. I didn't like it for a couple of reasons...

First of all, it's SUPER sticky! Has anyone else experienced this? Like, to the touch, it was sticky all day! I hated it! I normally use high end foundations, and I don't normally feel them on my skin, but with this, I definitely felt the foundation on my face ALL DAY, I even tried using a setting powder. I just did not like how it felt.

Secondly, I feel like it made my skin reallllyyy oily, I do have combo skin, but I never really have problems with my skin getting too oily, but wow, this foundation certainly made my skin super shiny, did not like!

I do have to admit though that it had good coverage and it blended really easily into the skin, but those two things above just killed it for me. I definitely won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by LK177

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favourtite foundation- covers well and just makes your skin look healthy and even. Colour range is great. I find it does need to be set with powder and can get oily/shiny on my skin towards the end of the day. Bit pricey here in NZ- around $50 bucks. Love the pump, and this foundation does last awhile, at least 5 months for me with daily use of 1-2 pumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by jlxinle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and its really hard for me to find a suitable liquid foundation for my skin type. Majority of those I've tried either made me look horrible or I would end up having break outs the next day. However, the L'oreal True Match Super-Blendable foundation works well for me!

I am more to a medium skin tone and I use the shade G3, Golden Beige and it suits me great! I apply it with my beauty blender and I have to agree that it is really blendable. It has a satin finish and coverage is buildable. It does not cake and turns out very natural on my skin.

I prefer a matte look so I'd always set it with my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder which suits really well with this product and I only have to touch up once throughout the day unlike other liquid foundations which makes you look really oily in an hour or two.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by MarissaS05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing special. It looks very natural but I also get a chalky finish? Everyone raves but I don't think it's the best foundation I've ever had.