Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Makeup

3.1

Water (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylmethacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 36

on 3/30/2012 6:56:00 PM

I bought this for my mother who is 50+ and she looks STUNNING with this on. I'm a L'Oreal True Match fan, but this made me do a double take. Application was smooth and my mom's usually uneven skin tone looked flawless. Now all my mother will wear for foundation is CG True Blend. She doesn't even need a powder to set it! Great price and excellent results.

on 3/27/2012 1:11:00 AM

I have super dry skin, and this is the only foundation that looks good on me. I have so many, NARS Sheer Glow, Inglot, Several MAC and Makeup Forever foundations. When my skin is especially acting up, they all look horrible on me. They all accentuate the dryness, flakiness and peeling on my cheeks and around my nostrils. I could use a tinted moisturizer, but I feel like they don't cover up the redness on my face enough. This one feel like a moisturizer with enough coverage to make it a foundation instead of a tinted moisturizer. I love it. I'm Ivory, the lightest shade.

on 2/24/2012 4:20:00 PM

Actually pretty good and gave my face this snow white glow :) thats probably because i am pale, but i would repurchase it.

on 2/5/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at a whim. I used to have acne prone skin, with red bumps everywhere. I couldnt figure out how to control it, so I bought this foundation to use for when I go out at night and want to make my skin look good enough to go out in.

Anyways, the pump is really convenient. However, the product is not good, it clumps on my face, get grainy and is not a smooth finish. My ex boyfriend looked at my face and gave me the only good advice I ever got from him, he said Take off that makeup, its not good for your skin and it doesn't even look good anyway.

So, I stopped using this foundation, deciding to instead focus on making my skin healthier. After I broke up with that guy, I figured out the perfect method to clearing up my skin - now I have beautiful, glowing skin, without makeup. And its not because he told me to, its really because I want naturally nice skin,

Ladies, from my opinion, I dont think it looks good to use foundation. I want people to see ME, MY face, and not a makeup product covering it. If you have problematic skin, like I did, this is only my opinion but I think it is so much healthier to let your skin breathe and focus on making it look and feel healthier.

I no longer have to conceal blemishes, i only use a moisturizer as my going out look for skin.

on 1/30/2012 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this because the color actually matched my skin (I'm extremely fair-skinned). I have dry skin, especially on my face, that I moisturize twice a day. When I tried to use the Covergirl Trublend, it dried out my face even more! It also caused severely noticeable dry patches. I tried putting on moisturizer and letting that set directly before applying, no difference. When I tried fixing the dry patches after, the foundation just came right off onto my hands!
This isn't a good foundation for people with dry skin.

on 1/27/2012 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eh, I didn't really like this. The quality just seems cheap to me. It applies sort of...grainy. Like the foundation isn't rich with pigment but sort of just thrown together. Maybelline's Fit Me and L'Oreal's True Match, which seem to be the equivalents of this are much, much better than this. I like the pump on this but I don't like the plastic container. I like the glass on the other two. No SPF, which I think a foundation must have. UPDATE: Liking this more, upon trying for a second time. I didn't use concealer this time and it looks good. I think the formula is very similar to the ones I listed above, except this has less coverage, I would say.

on 1/26/2012 2:25:00 PM

I used to use this foundation in high school. Everyone would always ask me what make up I used because it looked so flawless, yet natural. It never broke me out & was very light & not cakey. However, I did find it kind of hard to build it up to get better coverage. It felt very smooth going on my skin & it never looked orange. I have to agree with a previous reviewer that this foundation did emphasize on dry patches. This may be better for use in the summer when skin is more hydrated. I love the pump it comes with. I honestly don't really remember why I stopped using it. I would buy again:)

on 1/23/2012 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I picked this up on a whim at CVS and I was really hopeful that I could use this as an alternate to my favorite, but expensive, foundation. What I like about it: I'm really pale, so I often have trouble finding a color match, but Ivory (the lightest shade) was an okay-enough match. I also like the consistency of the foundation, because it's not super liquidy (I only use a little anyway). What I dislike: This foundation really emphasized any dry spot on my face, even though I use moisturize beforehand. I could get over that part, but what I *really* don't like about this foundation is the way it emphasizes any peach fuzz I have on my face. It really makes it stand out. Needless to say, I'm not really reaching for this product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly I didn't like this at first. I thought it was kinda crappy and didnt cover well. Plus the color was WAY too dark and made me look orange. But then I took it our during the summer and it is AMAZING!! Since I tan really easily, the color matched me perfectly!! The coverage is light to medium. The best thing though is how NATURAL it looks. Most people say they're jealous of me because I don't even need to wear makeup! I set it with a light dusting of translucent powder and I'm good to go!! It's so lightweight too so I don't even feel like I'm wearing makeup! It feels more like a tinted moisturizer. Overall this foundation is AMAZING for the summertime when you don't want to cake on lots o makeup and need something natural and lightweight(: <3 Buy It!!

on 12/28/2011 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this foundation for over a year. It's very creamy, and goes on smoothly. I've applied using brushes, sponges, and my hands, and all techniques have worked well with this foundation. It gives medium coverage, and the lasting power is alright. However, I have combination skin and I've found that I need a lot of powder with this foundation to avoid feeling oily during the day. I have switched to other foundations in the past few months, and have seen a significant improvement in my skin blemishes, and have needed to use less powder to set my make-up. For oily skin, or blemish prone skin I would suggest a lighter foundation that's oil-free.