April 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

Lol at all these low ratings! I have oily skin, and this lasted all day on me with no shine or anything. I apply serum, lotion, and primer before applying foundation. Then - here's the important part people seem to neglect - I powder my face to set the foundation (I use Coty Airspun Powder. It's amazing at oil absorbing). It's not hard. More people should try it.
Anyway, about this product. I have it in 405, the lightest shade, and it matches my other foundations I use (L'Oreal True Match in W1 and Maybelline Fit Me in 110). I was a little skeptical of this since drugstore foundations can be hit or miss, but this was quite nice. I like the pump too. Whoever said that the pump always puts out too much, well, not if you only push it down half way. I like it....more low end foundations should have one. The only bad thing about this is that the coverage is light to medium. It is not really build able either. I have some acne scarring to cover up, but if you need serious heavy duty coverage, you may not find that this covers everything on it's own. Overall, this is a nice find. It lasted all day with no shine, was very true to my coloring, has the handy pump, and is readily available at drugstores everywhere. If you are n the mood for a new foundation, or you are a pale person looking for a good match, try this!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by chrisvelley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok let's cut to the chase if you have oily skin don't even think about getting this! I would put this on my face and less then an hour later my skin is so shiny especially on my T zone. The pump doesn't help at all! Its still ends up messy AND it pumps out way too much at once even though you try your best to pump only a little out. Also this thing needs to be mixed correctly while its in your bottle, on your fingers before you put it on your face, AND when you are actually putting it on!!!! And if you look closely at the body you'll see that there's like red coloring in it too. Which I really don't need since there's already a noticeable reddish undertone that you can see even on my chestnut colored skin. and this gives you no coverage even though I have no acne what so ever I still have 2 scars from past pimples. Would I buy again?? My answer is I wouldn't buy it if it was the LAST foundation in the world even if I had HORRIBLE acne!!! This thing is a HOT MESS!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by makeuprulesgirl

I love this product! It matches my skin tone so well and blends easily. It is a light foundation that covers so well. I love this product and will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jillheartsmakeup

So far, I really LOVE this foundation. I have it in the colour "buff beige". The colour is a lot paler than I am but it blends so nicely that it makes my skin look airbrushed. I think it cost me $13 at shoppers drug mart, maybe even less I can't remember. The coverage is about medium, so if you have uneven skin and bad acne I don't recommend it. The foundation is very lightweight and silky, and just glides onto my skin.
It's very nice packaging - mine is glass, and the bottle is a pump-style. I love this pump foundation because I can control how much I use so that none of the product is wasted. So far I haven't broken out yet, so let's hope that doesn't change.
Overall I give it five lippies because it's inexpensive, has nice packaging, is good quality and lasts throughout the day, and is easy to find when you're out shopping. AMAZING <3

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by gigirose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've read so many reviews on this product, and they're all different. Some people call it their Holy Grail product, while others say it's horrible, and they'll never buy it again.

I am one of the girls from the second group. It wasn't necessarily horrible, but I don't exactly like it.

For one thing, it doesn't last long. It's usually gone within a few hours. Also, I have very dry skin, so it just accentuates the dry patches on my face.

But it does cover well, since I was just looking for a light coverage type of foundation.

Overall, it's okay, as long as you want your foundation to last a few hours, you don't have dry skin, and you're looking for light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cSquaredFactotum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is more of a first impressions review, since i only go this a few days ago. i can't say whether it breaks me out badly or anything since it hasn't really had time to yet, but so far, i really like this foundation.
i like that is comes in a super pale shade even though i personally am not that pale. 410 classic ivory matches me /perfectly/. if you are looking for really good coverage, this foundation is not for you. i'd say the coverage is medium at best but since that's all i was looking for, it suits me fine.
i like to use a foundation brush to apply this on my face (and you shouldn't need more than one pump) and then do the final blending with my fingers to get rid of any streak marks. i VERY lightly powder my T-zone, but i like to keep the slight dewy finish it gives me.
i don't recommend this for people with very oily skin as i think it will just enhance that (however, i can apply this over sunscreen as it's fine). staying power is okay, it lasted throughout the school day and seems to stay strong for a long time.
this blends like a dream, it seriously melts into the skin and that combined with the finish makes it a very natural-looking foundation. you'll get people saying your skin looks nice, not people asking you if you're wearing foundation. i will probably repurchase this (and in a darker shade in the summer) unless i find a foundation i like even more.
i think covergirl has some of the best colour selection in the drugstore (SO much better than maybelline).
and of course, we all know how much everyone likes a bottle with a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ibeemeechelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I give this an overall rating of a 3 because it broke me out like crazyyy. I would say that the lasting power of the foundation is decent, with a light to medium coverage. In my opinion, the foundation gives a dewy finish which looks oily for me by the end of the day. I think that this would be better for people with dry to normal skin. I like the fact that it has a pump, because most drugstore foundations dont have one. Its easier to get the product out rather than pouring out. The price is cheap and affordable, especially for someone like me who is still in school.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by zippydoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ran out of Cargo oil-free and no B&M store carries the 10 shade (the lightest one) so I stopped in Target to grab something to tide me over until I could find something that would really work. So I didn't go in with the highest of expectations. I essentially checked every display in Target until I found the lightest shade. I am crazy, crazy pale with cool undertones, so everything shows up orange on me. This looked really promising in the bottle, and I really like the pump bottle, but it just oxidizes on me and the color doesn't look quite right. It doesn't blend well and just sits on my skin, and I'm not about it coming off on my hands whenever I touch my face. It also separates really easily in the bottle and requires a lot of shaking. I'll keep it as a backup if I run out, but I just bought Shiseido and plan to move on to that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by heartsp1986

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll tell you why I like this stuff. I was out shopping with my husband the other night under bright lights, when he looked at me and said, "I like that you're not wearing much makeup these days. You look more natural". Little did he know that I did have makeup on, the trublend in 'ivory'. I put this on in the morning, with a very light dusting of the trublend minerals powder in transluscent. Too much powder will make me look 'cakey'.

The trublend liquid works best after skin is moisturized. I have dry skin, and it's worst in the winter time. It works and looks it's best with moisturizered skin so get yourself a good moisturizer. It goes a long way. I don't have to use much out of the pump to get good coverage. I use little because I want a natural look, I don't want to look done up.

I'm acne prone, and really surprised it doesn't irritate my skin. I've tried estee lauder's daywear and it broke me out after two days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ewanfanatic88

I have VERY pale skin and this foundation in the lightest shade matches almost perfectly with my skin. I apply using a stippling brush and then top it off with Maybelline FitMe powder. Without using powder this foundation will come off pretty quickly, but with powder it lasts throughout the school day (I apply it at 5:15 AM and get home at 2:45 PM). I wash it off and reapply if I have a place to be later. I've been using it since Christmas and I don't think it breaks me out (I do have mild acne, but that's because of stress and genetics). I definitely recommend this to people in search of a light to medium coverage foundation.

P.S. It has a pump which is a plus!