December 21, 2014 | 1895 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Spikesmom110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what else to say, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this fragrance. I used it exclusively for years, but lately I've been branching out and trying new things. I keep going right back to my Cashmere Mist.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried Cashmere Mist for the first time ever this summer and had to have a bottle. I bought the edt. I was not aware of differences between edt and edp, but I enjoyed the edt all summer, and here it is October and I'm still reaching for it. It's true that it does get stronger after drydown, so you may spray more than you actually want if you're judging by the light, fresh top notes. I don't know how to describe the way it smells. It's soft & powdery, sweet & floral, woodsy & soft-musky on the drydown - but it's all rather vague, too. It's like a wearing a nice dusting powder that you keep getting intermittent whiffs of. I feel about this one the way some people feel about their Jovan White Musk, it's a fresh comfort scent. I agree that the bottle is hideous. I never liked the bottle and THAT is why I was never drawn to it to even take a sniff! Also, the cap doesn't stay firmly on, which is annoying. But apart from that, I love Cashmere Mist, and I'm glad I purchased a full bottle. It could easily become a staple in my fragrance wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After about an 11 year lapse, I've decided that Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist is going to be my fall 2009 fragrance. Back in the 90s, a friend's mother gave me a Cashmere Mist EDT gift set for Christmas. Being a smarmy young lass, I fancied myself far too sophisticated and avant-garde for good old Cashmere Mist. Still, it drove the men crazy and I found myself reaching for the bottle on days when I felt particularly down. I used the bottle up and never thought about it again, until I started using the brilliant Cashmere Mist deodorant a few years back.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, when I replaced my summer deodorant with the CM variety. The smell really started appealing to me, and I pulled out an old sample of the fragrance and wore it again. Just like the boys from days of yore, my boyfriend went wild for the scent. For some reason, he was immune to the deodorant, but loved the fragrance oil. Well, since he insisted, and I needed to use up my VIB discount, I ran down to Sephora and blew $90 on the biggest bottle of the EDP I could find. After reading all of your reviews, I knew that the EDP and the EDT differed significantly, but the store had no EDP tester, and the sales assistants were completely useless. They kept insisting that all EDTs and EDPs were the same scent, differing only in concentration. Yeah, right.

Well, the EDT and the EDP are pretty different, but they're both great in their own way. The EDT is quite powdery and comforting, while the EDP is more bold and luxuriously floral. You can tell they're the same scent, but the EDP is really a heightened version of the heart of Cashmere Mist- it lacks the baby-powder note and really ramps up the bergamot and jasmine. It's especially lovely when layered with the matching body lotion, which is a dead-on match for the EDT.

I've been loving this scent so much that I spray it on after I shower and before I go to bed. The scent lasts for ages on my skin (six hours at least), but I like to refresh throughout the day if I'm at home. Heck, I even sprayed this stuff on my pillows. And my cats. The only downside is the ugly, dated bottle. And since I bought the EDP, I got the even more ugly clear version with the pink breast cancer ribbon emblazoned on the side. Charity or not, that thing is hideous. Still, this fragrance gets five lippies from me, especially for fall and winter.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by kizkad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

well i will be very honest about MY opinion and thoughts on this perfume.... when i first sprayed it the first thing i thought of was, industrial cleaner that has been set alight (!) it smelt horrible and rancid. like burnt cleaning products. i kept sniffing my arm and screwing up my nose, BUT, after half an hour, after that horrible top note starts to fade, my nose was met with something very sweet and comforting, lovely like a warm woolly (or cashmere) jumper, it really has that comforting scent that would be perfect for the winter. i know im being a bit harsh giving only one lippie, but i just cannot forgive that first burst of nastiness. will not buy this perfume BUT i can understand why people love it so much

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by redbeemerbabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this fragrance when it was first released, and I loved it then. It's so powdery and light, but with staying power. A couple of months ago, I sprayed it on again for the first time in a long time, and I discovered my bottle had gone bad. OMG. Needless to say, I had to toss it. Then last week, the new Nordies catalog came, and there was a scent strip with Cashmere Mist. I opened it and left it on my nightstand so I could enjoy the scent. Needless to say, I was reminded of how much I loved it. Of course, I had to get another bottle:-) If you like powdery, light floral scents, you'll probably like Cashmere Mist.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite scent right now. This is definitely powdery, quiet and sweet but in a sensual way. I just love it, and it works with my light, cool coloring and chemistry. I wear it during the day as well as at night. Be careful when applying this, however. At least, for me, it does not come across in its full potency until after having been worn a few hours, so you might have a tendency to think you haven't applied enough. It actually gets stronger a few hours after it has been applied, in my experience. The lasting time is great, too. On me, it lasts 8 to 10 hours; more with a reserved 'touch up.'

I love it all on its own, but I also love cocktailing this with Clinique Happy. The freshness and clean bite of the Happy really enhances the soft, sweet, powderiness of Cashmere Mist. If Cashmere Mist is too soft for you, try layering it with Happy. I spritz one spritz of Happy in one palm, followed by two spritzes of Cashmere Mist, wipe my hands together gently in a circular motion, and then wipe them onto me in my strategic fragrance points.

I really like the fact that the bottle is clear, but I wish that they would redesign the bottle because the plastic cap is cumbersome and doesn't stay seated very well at all. I've read that the EDT is actually better than the EDP, but I haven't noticed all that much difference. A lovely, year-round, all-purpose scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never would have thought that a powdery scent could feel refreshing to wear! It must be the jasmine in this...I love it. It seems perfect for the office, quiet, soft and understated, but still interesting. I'm fickle with my fragrances but I always go back to this, especially in Spring and Summer, when it really comes alive on my skin. I've always been a fan of jasmine, sandalwood, and musk, and this satisfies my craving for all three. The Moonlit Path line from B&BW resembles this fragrance a little, so I use the lotion and it makes this last a little longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by pearlstuds

Oh, almost. This perfume has SUCH potential to me. It has a soft and quiet presence, which is what I think I perfume should ideally have. But the drydown is awful! It smells synthetic and musty, like perfume that has settled into clothes in the dirty hamper. The bottle is beautiful and unique, but, unfortunately, the contents of that bottle disappoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by kathyfff

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift. I had to go back and repurchase after I used it up. I use the layering effect, because it just does not last as long as I would like. If you use this fragrance, you must try the deoderant. It really does work.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by beantown620

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Easily one of my Top 5 Scents of all time.

I dunno what it is, I just love the musky, soft, comforting smell. It reminds me of soft cashmere sweaters (go figure)
It's pricey, but if you like warm, sensual musky scents this should a must-buy for you.