April 16, 2014 | 1682 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never would have thought that a powdery scent could feel refreshing to wear! It must be the jasmine in this...I love it. It seems perfect for the office, quiet, soft and understated, but still interesting. I'm fickle with my fragrances but I always go back to this, especially in Spring and Summer, when it really comes alive on my skin. I've always been a fan of jasmine, sandalwood, and musk, and this satisfies my craving for all three. The Moonlit Path line from B&BW resembles this fragrance a little, so I use the lotion and it makes this last a little longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by pearlstuds

Oh, almost. This perfume has SUCH potential to me. It has a soft and quiet presence, which is what I think I perfume should ideally have. But the drydown is awful! It smells synthetic and musty, like perfume that has settled into clothes in the dirty hamper. The bottle is beautiful and unique, but, unfortunately, the contents of that bottle disappoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by kathyfff

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift. I had to go back and repurchase after I used it up. I use the layering effect, because it just does not last as long as I would like. If you use this fragrance, you must try the deoderant. It really does work.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by beantown620

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Easily one of my Top 5 Scents of all time.

I dunno what it is, I just love the musky, soft, comforting smell. It reminds me of soft cashmere sweaters (go figure)
It's pricey, but if you like warm, sensual musky scents this should a must-buy for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Beacon444

I think this is just beautiful. I actually prefer the EDT - it smells nicer to me. Its a very comforting scent - light - fresh - gets tons of compliments. I can't imagine anyone not liking this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Nuriel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yum, I am in love with the heavenly light and baby soft scent of Cashmere Mist! I got a sample of the lotion at the Seattle Women's Show a couple years ago and knew I needed to have it. When Christmas came around this year I saw a DK sale display in the Macy's fragrance section and was pleased to find a gift set featuring edt and lotion for 20% off so I got it. My boyfriend does not care much for fragrance as he is sensitive to most parfumes, sprays, and incense, but he actually like the clean light scent of Cashmere Mist. I am not sure what the spastic reviewer below me was talking about, but this scent is very clean and very pure smelling. With high floral jasmine notes, a smooth sandalwood and amber base, and a slight undertone of white musk, it leaves one smelling like they just emerged from a Persian day spa or a romantic garden sanctuary!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by JMarieA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had a bottle of Cashmere Mist for several years now. When I first discovered this scent I loved it since I am not a fan of overly bold frangraces. I wore this scent religiously for quite awhile when all of the sudden I began to acquaint the scent to that of the smells of a hospital. I don't know if I wore the frangrance once and entered a medical center or what, but now everytime I smell it I think of hospitals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

On me this is a nice,light floral,powdery scent. Its a long lasting scent thats imo suitable for daytime or nighttime..pretty much a all around scent that anyone could wear at anytime of the year...I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was a decent fragrance, but not on my top killer 5 list though. I bought it back in '99 and had it for a lonnngg time. It was ok just to have, but I don't think I would fiend to buy it again. Have a soft musky scent. A little different for my taste.Overall its ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by kblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sounds like a tangent but it's not...
my favorite scented candle ever is/was Henri Bendle's "White Pepper". I bought one from BBW several years ago before I was aware of LE issues. Later, I scored another "White Pepper" off of ebay at a ridiculous price.

Which brings me to Cashmere Mist.

In massive googling, I kept seeing that notes in Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist were similar to HB's "White Pepper". I would have liked to get a sample, but Sephora was having a huge sale, and I'd had a glass of wine...so I ordered 1 oz of the EDP.

Oh, hell yeah.

I get the complaints of others about the funk and body talc scent, sort of. But this has the notes that made me search and hoard "White Pepper". I would not want this to be my only scent option (but there is...ahem...no need to worry on that score) but it is lovely, warm, with a slightly sharp edge (to me) that is probably as close to my beloved WP as I can get.

And the testosterone-carriers in my household agree that it is an EDP version of WP.

I would buy it again if Sephora ran another sale or I found the EDP cheap somewhere. It is not foody or citrus or "lychee", and it's not, as far as I know, trendy, but it is soft, comforting, and not uninteresting.
It actually reminds me of Ava Luxe Love's True Bluish Light in tone and overall feel, but maybe a bit more personal.