July 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by pwncahontas

why did i stop using this stuff? was using purity by philosophy but that's expensive, wanted to try something different and saw the familiar package and was like, omg noxema! so i bought it and wow my face feels clean! my skin can be sensitive but not with this stuff. i love the familiar tingle and smell, makes me feel like i'm a teen again lol. i use this and finish it with some nivea and my skin feels amazing

AND i got my fiance using this and he has a problem with large pores that are hard to clean but for the first time ever, his face is soft and no gunk in his pores, hope they shrink in time now that his skin can breathe

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by kabanger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the price, you get a ton of product. It really is cleansing and you only need a little bit, but even the one for dry skin is a bit drying. That's probably the only bad part and the smell is pretty strong. Other than that I would say its a good buy. I usually have to use a moisturizer afterwards because it makes my skin tight. It really does work well if you've got acne to dry it up quick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Katzie105

I'm going to give this a 4star rating for now, sometimes things work great in the beginning and wear off shortly thereafter. For now, I think it's working pretty nicely.

I was a bit skeptical of it because my face is just weird. I would classify it as "combination" but it's weird combination. I have super oily T-zone. So I have clogged pores on my nose, and chin, sometimes on the side of my face. And at the SAME time, I will have super flaky skin in those areas indicating dryness? Yeah, my face makes no sense to me either.

Anyway, for my whole life I've had to use super harsh, rough scrubbing pads to get the dead skin off my nose and chin. Also, if I didn't exfoliate several times weekly, the sebum production in my nose and chin would go through the roof and I'd have super clogs all over the place.

Because of my horrible skin, this cleanser which has neither scrubbing particles, nor does it foam and "wash" didn't really seem like something that would work for me. Never the less, it has amazing reviews on here, and many people say this is amazing for combination skin, so I gave it a try.

I've had it for about a week now, and because of how "hardy" my skin is, I've used it twice a day. I know this may be too much for some people due to it stinging, or drying the skin out, but it actually has regulated the dryness that was on my nose and chin. I've even skipped moisturizer after using this and I haven't had the persistent flaky skin that I normally have.

I will use this on clean dry skin. I use MAC cleansing oil to remove makeup first. Then I take out a glob with my finger tips and I massage into my face for a good 3-4 minutes and then I let it sit for 15-20 minutes. It feels cool/tingly for the first minute or so but it dissipates quickly and doesn't burn the eyes. After it sits on my face I run a wash cloth under hot, hot water, wring it out and then apply in onto my face like a steamy mask. I gently rub and wipe away the Noxema. I do this a good three times just to make sure I get all the product off my face. I'll then use a toner, and night moisturizer.

My face after a week seems more even toned. It definitely seems to have drawn the clogs, and infected pores (pus) to the surface, in which they are then easily extracted. It has evened out the dryness on my nose and chin which is amazing. I also am prone to having infected pores---where the sebum gets stuck in my skin and creates an acne which is unable to be extracted. When it finally does become extractable (1-2 weeks later) it leaves a very noticeable deep hole in my face which then doesn't heal for another 2-3 weeks. I had one of these on my cheek and I've become good with not touching them and within a couple days, the hole has virtually healed! It's closed up, and not as deep as it would have been, and I don't see this one scarring and leaving a crater mark behind. The only thing I've done differently has been using this Noxema so this has to be what has helped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(Review for generic brand: Walgreens Studio 35 Beauty)

When my brothers and I were kids and get sunburns, which was de rigueur, my mother would slather this stuff on us and within hours our sunburns had cooled and any peeling was dramatically minimized or halted. Fast forward many years later, my face was breaking out due to Idaho's hard water and I wanted something cheap, effective and something I could use with or without water. Enter this cleanser.
I apply it every night, onto a dry face, making sure to work it into the areas with slightly more makeup (chin, nose and any areas with a blemish; not eye makeup). I then proceed to brush my teeth, letting the cleanser do its thing and clear my sinuses while it's at it (hello eye opening eucalyptus scent!) and then wipe it away with a dry face towel and finish with my toner. My face is left clean and soft , with no dryness in sight and the only time I get a blemish is when "it's that time of the month" and any blemish that does appear is quickly minimized. I do believe the hunt is over for a Summer cleanser. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by annieoakly

I used this when I was younger. Of course I stopped using it and started using other products. I can across this in the store about a month ago and picked it up. When home opened the jar and was transported back it when I was 12. I forgot how Good this stuff was. I will never stop using this again. I love using this as a face mask. It's just Good stuff that gets my fact clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jinxiies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing so much about this product, I decided to try it. I was very impressed. I have acne-prone combination skin, and this helped clear my skin. It wasn't completely gone, but it did wonders clearing up a few pimples and acne scars.

When using this cleanser, my skin "tingles" a little, leaving a slightly cool, fresh feeling. My skin immediately feels very clean and soft. I like using this at night, or in the shower. It doesn't leave my face too dry, or too oily.

The smell is fairly strong, while it may be a turn-off for some people I don't mind it. The main issue I have with this product is the packaging. I generally don't like tubs like this due to the sanitary issues but if you are careful and always keep your hands clean, you shouldn't have any problems. However, I would prefer a different type of container.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this product to someone with acne-prone, combination skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Noxema in my teen years, and even I am not sure why I stopped. Lately I have been dealing with breakouts and finally decided to give this a whirl once again. I noticed a huge difference in less than a week. My skin is much clearer, and I am not developing any new blemishes. This isn't the greatest product to remove makeup with on its own, but using a washcloth while cleansing helps immensly. I don't think that I will deviate from this cleanser again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

As I couldn't get my favourite cleanser any more in New Zealand, I decided to give this a go from the reviews on MUA and the fact I could buy it quite cheaply on eBay. I bought the small 2oz to test it out, and I really do like this product. I have found it doesn't get rid of my makeup all that well, but from reading some more on here I may start using a face cloth to take it off instead of just rinsing and see if that makes a difference. I like the fact it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry afterwards and I have seen an improvement in my complexion. I will be re-purchasing the larger size.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Kellykinz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This stuff is completely legit, bro. I've been using it for years.
Don't like it for your face for some peculiar reason?
Use it on your legs for the most luxurious, cooling shaving cream your legs have ever experienced.
They'll thank you.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by abbeygail

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this almost every night to take my makeup off and it is PERFECT!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! It tingles and feels sooo good!! I love it! i use it as I facial mask some times too!! Also YOU MUST USE THIS AS A SHAVING CREAM FOR YOUR LEGS!! I'm serious it is AMAZING it makes your legs sooo smooth!! Also its great for sunburns it really soothes them! But do not get it in you eyes,it burns!! so please don't try to use it as an eye makeup remover... pheshhh not like i ever did that haha no.. pheshh what are you taking about!! But it is really good so go get!!