April 20, 2014 | 874 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - Ooh la lift!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by lilmissbroadway

I don't understand the hate! I actually use this on my brow bones and the inner and outer corners of the eyes. It makes my eyes look so much more awake and the doe foot applicator gives better precision a highlighter with a built in brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by peachiful

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

MAYBE my eyes looked ever so slightly better if I stared in the mirror long enough and talked myself into it. OOh La No thanks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I have no idea what the purpose of this product is, I wear it underneath my primer, concealer and foundation on my under eye area and I see nothing. I honestly dont know what is meant to happen after I use it. I saw a before and after picture in a magazine add for this product and I thought wow, got to get myself one of those. Brought it home and saw nothing change.
It is quiet expensive for something that does not work at all.
Would I buy it again? No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2010 4:48:00 AM More reviews by herehereandhere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really disappointed. I suffer from allergies and the dreaded genetic undereye circles. I saw this in Ulta and got super excited because I thought I had finally found something to brighten my undereye area. I purchased it, ran home and tried it on. Nothing. No brightening, no lightening. Just blah. I tried applying it several times, with or without concealer, still no results. I even gave it to my mom to try and she didn't see anything either. Complete waste of money. Makes me sad because I really wanted it to work :[

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

I said I wouldn't buy this product again but I'm not sure.

I actually LIKE the product itself, it glides on very smoothly and I pat it under my eyes and it sinks right in. I use more than what's recommended (placing it in 3 spots under the eye) because I feel like the 3 spots just doesn't do anything for me. Others have said that it makes their undereyes ashy looking, I've never had that problem. I'd say I'm somewhere on the lighter end of medium skin tone though.

Anyhow, whether this product actually works...I don't know. I like putting it on under my concealer (I find it doesn't work that well over my makeup) and under my foundation just because I feel like it smoothes out the area. Other than that I don't know if it does anything. Maybe it makes my undereye circles ever slightly less noticeable? Or is that just wishful thinking...that's how little I find this product works.

Also, the product has seeped into the neck of the tube so it makes a little squishy sound everytime I twist the cap closed due to all that build-up product. I don't like how much product that wastes that I have to clean off.

My friend who is caucasian (I'm asian) and fair-skinned recommended this product to me. She's on her second bottle now and says that since she started using this she doesn't need concealer anymore. I think maybe it depends on your skin tone since this definitely doesn't do that for me.

Gave it a 3 because I use this under my foundation/concealer EVERY time. I think it makes a little bit of a difference but mostly I just like how it feels.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Cazzy21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Its a fairly decent product and it does seem to brighten up the baggy bits but not the best product ever! I would probably buy it again because it will last ages and ages i think! deffo worth buying it on ebay tho ;) got it at over half the price at just 4.00 :D

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by natablue

I bought Benefit's Ooh La Lift in hopes of brightening my undereye area. I don't have dark circles, but I do have a bit of a shadow effect that needs a little brightening.

I do see a slight difference, but not enough. I see a slight bit of shimmer when I apply it under my eyes - but if I put it on top of my foundation, it's hard to blend. Under my foundation, it disappears.

I think the price is a little high, especially for the claims this product makes. I like the doefoot applicator and it does seem moisturizing, but in my opinion it just doesn't live up. I won't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

This feels like a huge gimmick to me. Yes I did see a lifting/lightening effect when swatched on the back of my hand. However, on my undereye areas, it did nothing - trust me, I looked for it. I think this is definitely not a work-alone product. It may enhance the lightness of the undereye area slightly IF you don't have any darkness there AND have concealed and lightened it with other products already. Although it felt pretty moisturizing and is thus less likely to cause dry cakiness, I'd rather use as few products as possible for my undereye area. For around 35 CDN, this is not worth it to me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

oh la baloney.

this product does nothing except I use it to clean up any stray ES or product before I start the corrector/concealer application.

another pffft

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by JenniferWild

I think this is really good, no idea why everyone else doesn't like it. I do have very fair skin, and most days have quite bad dark circles under my eyes. I use studio finish concealer over the top and it works wonders. I would recommend :) Plus! Handy packaging!