January 28, 2015 | 925 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As the shampoo, this is a great product just super expensive. Makes my hair feel wonderful, i just cant justify the price tag

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by xoxHannaHxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG!!!
I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw all the negative reviews for this product! This is the best surface conditioner ive ever used. In my experience ive found that if you go for a shampoo+conditioner for coloured hair, you compromise the moisture you would get from a shampoo+conditioner made for dry hair. Which is silly really because those of us who colour our hair need moisture more than anyone. Anyway! Pureology covers both colour retention and adding lots of moisture successfully!

It claims :
To "add moisture and impart excellent shine" - The ultimate test for a conditioner on my hair is using it the morning after Ive been out when ive tortured it with the curlers and sprayed a ton of hairspray to keep my style in place. This leaves it very dry and crunchy the next day. In the morning I used the shampoo from the same line, rinsed, then massaged the conditioner in and left for about 2 mins. It has a pepperminty tingle that's refreshing but not overwhelming which will also help to stimulate the scalp. When i rinsed it out my hair felt so silky and when I had blow dried, the results were comparable to if I had sat with a deep conditioner on for an hour! Ive never kept a regular conditioner on for only 2 mins and had results like this before. Afterwards my hair feels light and "swooshy" like it hasnt been weighed down but still very smooth.

It also claims "to optimise colour retention" - I cant comment too much on this aspect because I bleach my hair BUT Ive found that I have to use a toner much less and it helps to keep brassiness away. My colour also looks more vibrant after a wash with this.

The 250ml lilac bottles are quite pretty and not that difficult to use in a slippery shower. Granted, it IS expensive!! In fact the most expensive ive tried but its thick and concentrated so you only need to use a little each time, so should last about 2- 3 months if you wash your hair every other day. I can see this always being a staple for me, although i may dabble in a few more other brands along the way! I cant help it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Samanna42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I have been trying endlessly to find a shampoo and conditioner combo that would help my color treated, dry, unmanageable hair and this finally worked. I have been highlighting my hair blond for years now and never had a huge problem with it until recently. None of the products I used seemed to work. My hair continued to be dry and tangled and just completely unmanageable. I could barely run a brush through it because of all the knots. After using this conditioner (with the shampoo) I was finally able to comb through my hair pretty effortlessly. After blow drying and straightening it left my hair feeling smoother than it ever has. I can't say much for the color lasting effects as my hair is in desperate need for a touch up, but as far as the hydrating properties go, it worked wonders for my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by marmalade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I *wanted* to love it! My stylist always uses Pureology on my hair and I like the results afterwards - thought for sure I'd love daily usage of it (now that my Wen products are almost out). I started using this & the Hydrate Shampoo the day after Christmas and boy was I disappointed. My hair was not as manageable as it was with the Wen (when I have to do it) - it wasn't near as soft either. The next day my hair looked horrid (I can usually go as an every other day shampoo/condition) - it was flat, not really greasy looking but just not as soft or vibrant as my hair normally is the days I take off (in the a.m. anyway).

SO disappointed. I will NOT buy again. I do love the smell and I do love the idea of Pureology-it's just not for me.

I took it back to the store with receipt in hand and loaded up on 50% off liters of Biolage (which I adore btw).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Danik2

I love this conditioner, it make my hair feel so good in the shower. It makes my scalp tingle the longer I leave it in and I don't even put it near my scalp. My hair is softer and shinier when I use this. It is expenive, but it's worth it. You can also find deals of this online, so look there first.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff... definitely the best conditioner I've used. My super fine, thin hair had become extremely dry and damaged from color treatment, and was very lackluster and just blah. I had tried several salon brands, none of which did much to improve the quality of my hair. My hairdresser uses this on my hair every time I go in, and I figured since my hair always looks amazing after every visit, I should try what she uses. So I went ahead and splurged on the Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner, and I'm so glad I did. I've been using this for about a year now, and the quality of my hair has improved tenfold. I get compliments on how shiny it is. My ends which used to split and break preventing my hair from getting longer, now stay healthy and smooth for much, much longer, which means I don't have to trim as much off when I go to the salon! And the best part is, this doesn't weight my hair down! I've always stayed away from "moisturizing" conditioners and always opted for "volumizing" versions, as my hair gets weighed down very easily. But this is amazing, it gives it body and bounce, AND moisturizes like no other. Also, I am in love with the minty tingle, so refreshing to massage into my scalp every morning. As a side note, I like the shampoo too. I just wish this line was less expensive... I buy this by the litre now. It's lasted a long time, but it's still very pricy. But I don't care, I won't use anything else from now on.

Edit: OH, I totally forgot to mention one huge thing! This (paired with the shampoo) definitely helps prevent color fading! I dye my naturally blonde hair very dark brown and it has without a doubt kept the color much richer for much longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by LaineLaVain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Its not great, but not bad. It doesn't do a bad job of conditioning my hair, it just doesnt do any better than any other brand i've tried. the price is justified by the mediocrity of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by rocker

I've been using this range for a few months now and I'm a big fan. I was sceptical at first due to previous experiences with natural shampoo and conditioner. I didn't think that the conditioner would be enough for my thick long hair. However, I found that I have been able to use a lot less than I would normally use with other brands and it leaves my hair very soft without build up. I love the fresh minty scent as well. My only complaint is that the conditioner bottle is smaller than the shampoo bottle. Not sure why they have done this - I find I go through them at the same rate but I will still repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by dedra40

Love this stuff. I mean, I LOVE it. I don't even need detangler anymore for my very long, naturally curly hair. I usually have to spend about 10-15 minutes picking out all of the tangles, and with this stuff, I can practically finger-comb out all of the tangles and loose hair before I rinse. When I get out of the shower, the comb just flies through my hair. I can even use a fine-tooth comb now! Oh, and yes I have color-treated hair but I haven't been to the salon for awhile now. I'll update once I've had my hair done and can see how well it protects my color. Great vegan conditioner; makes my hair look super healthy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG all the way. I have thick, long, normal (in a dry climate) and thin hair, and this does a perfect job of detangling without weighing me down. Only a very small amount is needed, so that umber expensive bottle is lasting me along time. Peppermint is yummy but not as tingly as Nioxin. Only thing I'll purchase in this line. I'm not a brand loyalist by any means.