April 17, 2014 | 862 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by smartshoppin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First real thing I've bought at a "counter" at 48 years old, but the fac is a changin'!!! So pleased. I almost slipped out without talking to the woman about "how" to apply correctly! Glad I stuck around.
Tip the container upside down and back again. Dip a fluffy brush (they have one just for this powder) and using just what remains on the lid, PRESSING it into place, no sweeping! This stuff will last FOREVER like this and it works great to brighten and set concealer!! Love it! My skin is kind of light-medium and I got #1. I don't use it to cover dark circles, don't think it would work for that, but it definately adds a brighteness and finish that is what I needed.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! Really brightens the eye area. I use YSL Radiant Touch as an under eye conceler as I dont have dark circles just some small lines and this really finishes it off nicely without acccentuating the lines at all. Usually I cant put powder under my eyes - a moist look is just better for those little lines and I just want a finished look. This stuff is so much better than just the YSL by itself. And it will last for a long time as it only takes a small amount. I use a foundation brush and just pat a little under each eye and on the cheek bone sometimes too. Great product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

SUPERB! This brightening powder erases the darkness around the eyes, stays smooth, doesn't disappear during the day, never settles into the creases, and sets concealer. I apply this after foundation, then this product, then blush, then finishing powder. Although other posters use this as an eyeshadow colour, I have not done this yet.

I would definitely re-purchase and this this smaller "pot" will last for some time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Anja89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this to set my Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, but I really don't understand the hype. It does help my concealer not to crease, but I can't say it does anything other than that. I didn't notice the brightening effect at all. I will use it up (and it will take me a couple of years lol), but wouldn't buy again since it is nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I've had this for two years, I have plenty left in it and i say I use it almost twice a week. Only when I'm going out for something special. Or if I've used a dark eyeshadow and the fall out from that eyeshadow will give me black eyes underneath.

Its not a staple. But necessary if you are superficial as I am. It works better with a brush ....but i refused to pay 28 bucks for the brush. Instead I dab it underneath...and then do my eyeshadow and then blend it in. It does brighten, I notice the difference instantly. But you know... its not necessary.

I dont like the package...but then again I dont know how else they could package the product. The top comes unscrewed sooo easily! I've nearly lost all the powder more than twice in my makeupcase. So its best to leave it at home & UPRIGHT.

I don't know if I'll buy again ONLY because I have sooo much of it left. I might have it for another three years at this rate. A little does go a long way.

My cousin who has heavy dark circles under her eyes loves this and I was impressed when I put it on her and it did minimise the darkshadows for her...shame they dont sell it in Greece or else I'd have bought it for her.

Its very pricey which is unattractive as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

I love this product, however I don't know if its absoulutely necessary :P It really helps brighten the under eye area without making it look dry. I always put this on top of my concealer when I want to look my best. When I'm in a hurry I usually just forget it. It also helps my eyeliner to stay on longer and run less. I use a big eyeshadow brush to apply to under eyes and sometimes around the inner corners of my eyes as well. The powder itself is very smooth. Its white with some pretty small shimmers. Not too over the top at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by onestarrynight

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I knew I was going to like this. I put a light dusting on my eyelids and beneath my eyes after my concealer. I was using Bobbie Brown (matte) white eyeshadow on my lids before this and I think I like this better. It doesn't last as long as I would like, but it does brighten my whole eye area without emphasizing lines (I'm 44). I can't stand the container it came in and I wished I'd only pulled off part of the sticker that it came with, leaving only a couple of holes, because the powder is all over the place now. I bought #2 because #1 looked very white and even though I'm pale I wasn't sure if I wanted something quite that light. I don't have terrible dark circles, so I can't speak to it covering those. I've been wearing it over la touch eclat and it looks quite nice.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kesg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. It works for me to brighten my under eye area. It also sets the concealer really well and makes it stay on all day. Unlike my usual face powders didnt last, made it look cakey and show my fine lines. Love it :) Also I think the price of 18 is fairly cheap and It was lower than I expected. And it will last for a ages.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this powder in #2. It is very light cream shade of powder with tiny sparkles in it. This was the shade recommended to me as I have warm toned skin (MAC C4/C5). The powder is very finely milled, too fine to really stop any smudging of mascara you might get if you use under your brows. Did it brighten my very dark circles? No, every time I use this powder it somehow manages to make my dark circles look even darker than how they appeared before I applied my concealer and my undereye area appears to look more sunken than when I use normal face powder on top. I think it must be because the shade of the powder is just too insepid for my colouring which has a fair amount of yellow in it anyway. I'm not sure if I'm right about this but my hunch is if you are someone who suits a white shirt more than an ivory one (try it, one will lift your face much more) then it could be that no #1 is better for you. If it then makes the undereye area look too light, you can always go over it with a very light dusting of bronzing powder.
P.S: Don't apply this between the lower eyelid and the orbital bone, it looks strange in the middle of the summer - I tried it and I did.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ntorki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I apply it over my cle de peau concealer, and it just completely brightens up my face. It makes me look like i'm well rested and basically brings my look together. I'm a little more olive, so I use #2 which I guess has more "gold" in it than "silver". Overall I love this product! I don't even really have dark circles or anything like that, but when used with a good concealer it really gives you a fresh, put together look.