September 22, 2014 | 1284 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by malane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample awhile ago and just started using it. I was amazed at how it brightened up my under-eye area (applied over concealer, of course). A little goes a long way -- I just dabbed a tiny bit on using my pinky finger (didn't realize you're supposed to use a fluffy brush!) and it really helped.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by maggiemondanile

I have used this powder for quite some time now! I really do think it works, I have severe dark circles and have yet to find my perfect concealer but if i top with this, it does make a difference. I apply it with a medium sized fluffy brush and blend it into my undereyes, going out towards the sides of my face and onto the cheek area. I believe that it does work, you just have to use it right.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think the people who rate this poorly just aren't using it right. This is not a stand alone concealer. This is a finely milled powder to set your undereye concealer WITH. If you have lines, using a regular powder will not be pretty. This definitely brightens up the area as well. I've had no problems with the lid coming off, packaging is perfect. I use it with a smallish fluffy UD brush I got with a palette of theirs with great results. I have super dark circles and with BB correcter, Lancome Effecernes, and this, I don't look like I've been pulling all nighters for a month. :) Oh, and anyone complaining about the price -- this stuff lasts a LONG time. It's a bargain. I don't really get people who review stuff poorly because of price... you knew what it cost when you bought it. To say it works but is too expensive? Not helpful!

In short -- it works and is well worth the price. :)

22 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by LoveMyGirls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just don't get it... I've had this for quite a while and still don't get it... It does nothing for me except actually illuminate the darkness and lines under my eyes like a big ol' spotlight.

Evidently I fell for the presentation on qvc or hsn or whatever. This stuff is useless to me.

I can't get over all the good reviews. That's what made me keep trying it, but I just can't get it to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by smartshoppin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First real thing I've bought at a "counter" at 48 years old, but the fac is a changin'!!! So pleased. I almost slipped out without talking to the woman about "how" to apply correctly! Glad I stuck around.
Tip the container upside down and back again. Dip a fluffy brush (they have one just for this powder) and using just what remains on the lid, PRESSING it into place, no sweeping! This stuff will last FOREVER like this and it works great to brighten and set concealer!! Love it! My skin is kind of light-medium and I got #1. I don't use it to cover dark circles, don't think it would work for that, but it definately adds a brighteness and finish that is what I needed.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! Really brightens the eye area. I use YSL Radiant Touch as an under eye conceler as I dont have dark circles just some small lines and this really finishes it off nicely without acccentuating the lines at all. Usually I cant put powder under my eyes - a moist look is just better for those little lines and I just want a finished look. This stuff is so much better than just the YSL by itself. And it will last for a long time as it only takes a small amount. I use a foundation brush and just pat a little under each eye and on the cheek bone sometimes too. Great product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

SUPERB! This brightening powder erases the darkness around the eyes, stays smooth, doesn't disappear during the day, never settles into the creases, and sets concealer. I apply this after foundation, then this product, then blush, then finishing powder. Although other posters use this as an eyeshadow colour, I have not done this yet.

I would definitely re-purchase and this this smaller "pot" will last for some time.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Anja89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this to set my Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, but I really don't understand the hype. It does help my concealer not to crease, but I can't say it does anything other than that. I didn't notice the brightening effect at all. I will use it up (and it will take me a couple of years lol), but wouldn't buy again since it is nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I've had this for two years, I have plenty left in it and i say I use it almost twice a week. Only when I'm going out for something special. Or if I've used a dark eyeshadow and the fall out from that eyeshadow will give me black eyes underneath.

Its not a staple. But necessary if you are superficial as I am. It works better with a brush ....but i refused to pay 28 bucks for the brush. Instead I dab it underneath...and then do my eyeshadow and then blend it in. It does brighten, I notice the difference instantly. But you know... its not necessary.

I dont like the package...but then again I dont know how else they could package the product. The top comes unscrewed sooo easily! I've nearly lost all the powder more than twice in my makeupcase. So its best to leave it at home & UPRIGHT.

I don't know if I'll buy again ONLY because I have sooo much of it left. I might have it for another three years at this rate. A little does go a long way.

My cousin who has heavy dark circles under her eyes loves this and I was impressed when I put it on her and it did minimise the darkshadows for her...shame they dont sell it in Greece or else I'd have bought it for her.

Its very pricey which is unattractive as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

I love this product, however I don't know if its absoulutely necessary :P It really helps brighten the under eye area without making it look dry. I always put this on top of my concealer when I want to look my best. When I'm in a hurry I usually just forget it. It also helps my eyeliner to stay on longer and run less. I use a big eyeshadow brush to apply to under eyes and sometimes around the inner corners of my eyes as well. The powder itself is very smooth. Its white with some pretty small shimmers. Not too over the top at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No