October 31, 2014 | 1029 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I used this product and it just didn't work for me ... but now I found out how to use it and it is part of my daily routine. My tip: first apply your usual concealer, then turn the pot around so that some powder falls into the lid. Turn the pot back its normal position and shake it gently so that all the powder in the lid falls back in the pot. The film of powder that stays in the lid is ALL you need.
Take a small but fluffy brush and sweep through lid. Apply under your eyes and - if you wish - on the lids.
I mainly use it to set my concealer and it works so much better in doing that than any other face powder (which cakes). As for the illuminating effect - I'm less impressed by that effect, but still it's a really nice and useful product. If you use this product correctly it lasts very very long.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this product based on the positive reviews on MUA. Thank you for the recommendation, Ladies!

I have been using this to set my HG LM Secret Concealer and I am very, very pleased with the additional benefits this product provides. I apply it sparingly to the under eye area with a large concealer brush immediately after applying Secret Concealer.

It is subtle, but appreciable. The powder is very, very fine and has an exceptionally subtle luminescence that helps light up the under eye area.

XO's to Laura Mercier.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I don't know if I don't get it or if this just don't suit me...? If I put it lightly over my face or cheekbones I look sparkling/glittery...and if i put it around my eyes/under eyes it does not hide more than a light concealer + shadow.... I don't know if I use it in the wrong way, but this is nothing special....

Beside all this I don't like glitter in my face cause it easely looks "too much" on acne-prone skin... I "light reflecting" concealer is something else, but this contains glitter/sparkle...

The price is also very high.

So until I really learn how to use this or if it suits me, i won't repurchase...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by malane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample awhile ago and just started using it. I was amazed at how it brightened up my under-eye area (applied over concealer, of course). A little goes a long way -- I just dabbed a tiny bit on using my pinky finger (didn't realize you're supposed to use a fluffy brush!) and it really helped.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by maggiemondanile

I have used this powder for quite some time now! I really do think it works, I have severe dark circles and have yet to find my perfect concealer but if i top with this, it does make a difference. I apply it with a medium sized fluffy brush and blend it into my undereyes, going out towards the sides of my face and onto the cheek area. I believe that it does work, you just have to use it right.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think the people who rate this poorly just aren't using it right. This is not a stand alone concealer. This is a finely milled powder to set your undereye concealer WITH. If you have lines, using a regular powder will not be pretty. This definitely brightens up the area as well. I've had no problems with the lid coming off, packaging is perfect. I use it with a smallish fluffy UD brush I got with a palette of theirs with great results. I have super dark circles and with BB correcter, Lancome Effecernes, and this, I don't look like I've been pulling all nighters for a month. :) Oh, and anyone complaining about the price -- this stuff lasts a LONG time. It's a bargain. I don't really get people who review stuff poorly because of price... you knew what it cost when you bought it. To say it works but is too expensive? Not helpful!

In short -- it works and is well worth the price. :)

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by LoveMyGirls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just don't get it... I've had this for quite a while and still don't get it... It does nothing for me except actually illuminate the darkness and lines under my eyes like a big ol' spotlight.

Evidently I fell for the presentation on qvc or hsn or whatever. This stuff is useless to me.

I can't get over all the good reviews. That's what made me keep trying it, but I just can't get it to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by smartshoppin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First real thing I've bought at a "counter" at 48 years old, but the fac is a changin'!!! So pleased. I almost slipped out without talking to the woman about "how" to apply correctly! Glad I stuck around.
Tip the container upside down and back again. Dip a fluffy brush (they have one just for this powder) and using just what remains on the lid, PRESSING it into place, no sweeping! This stuff will last FOREVER like this and it works great to brighten and set concealer!! Love it! My skin is kind of light-medium and I got #1. I don't use it to cover dark circles, don't think it would work for that, but it definately adds a brighteness and finish that is what I needed.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! Really brightens the eye area. I use YSL Radiant Touch as an under eye conceler as I dont have dark circles just some small lines and this really finishes it off nicely without acccentuating the lines at all. Usually I cant put powder under my eyes - a moist look is just better for those little lines and I just want a finished look. This stuff is so much better than just the YSL by itself. And it will last for a long time as it only takes a small amount. I use a foundation brush and just pat a little under each eye and on the cheek bone sometimes too. Great product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

SUPERB! This brightening powder erases the darkness around the eyes, stays smooth, doesn't disappear during the day, never settles into the creases, and sets concealer. I apply this after foundation, then this product, then blush, then finishing powder. Although other posters use this as an eyeshadow colour, I have not done this yet.

I would definitely re-purchase and this this smaller "pot" will last for some time.