Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara

3.5

on 7/21/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a fairly good mascara. Personally, it gives me more length than volume. The wand is much smalled than I expected, and the tube is thinner as well. The brush is great for hard to reach spots and lower lashes.

on 7/18/2010 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I honestly do not know how anyone can say they have had clumping or smudging problems with this mascara.
The way it is set up makes it seemingly physically impossible to clump, no matter what your lash type. It's the tiniest little brush and it gives you all of the control, while still pulling it's own weight. It's awesome.
The colors are great too, very pigmented. The blackest black is very dark, which is something I always look for in mascara, because I have very fair skin and dark hair, so it makes for nice contrast.
This sticks to your lashes without clumping, or flaking off onto your cheeks. This is one of the only non-waterproof mascaras I can use a curler on, after I apply the mascara, without getting flaked on immediately after removing the curler.
It holds your lashes in place, so for those of you who have sort of downward turned eyelashes, I would definitely recommend this, as it gives you length that you can build, and it dries fast for a natural curl. I have kept this product in my arsenal since I was in high school, and will continue to do so.

I LOVE this mascara! It's better than MAC, Dior, Max Factor and many others i've tried.
Does not smudge, flake or come off in water (yet comes off easily w/ remover). Elongates, separates and holds curl. FABULOUS xxooo

on 7/8/2010 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this mascara - i think it's one of the best mascaras that i have ever used. It makes my individuals lashes look distinct yet natural. More importantly, it doesn't smudge! <3 It does a much better job at not smudging compared to my revlon lash fantasy total definition mascara that comes with a primer!

I absolutely adore this product!

on 6/30/2010 2:53:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for a couple of months now and I've loved it every day I've used it! It does a really good job at seperating my lashes and I NEVER have any clumps. The small brush makes it very easy to reach in all corners of my eye. This mascara also lengthens my lashes very well and lastes throughout the day. Definately a product I'll continue buying :)

on 6/24/2010 6:20:00 PM

WOW, is all I can say. I picked this up after reading a review of this on Beautipedia.
The brush is very small, little bristles, so when I first pulled it out of the tube,
I thought it would never work.
It grabbed and enhanced every little lash. I was able to get the brush very
close to my upper lash line, so it gave me a tight-lining effect very easily.
My eyes popped after applying it this way.
I bought the Very Black, which is a little dark for me, but really enhances my
blue eyes. Did not smudge and washed off easily. I got the tube with the
straight brush.
After using mascara with big bristles for ages, this was a change for sure. My
eyelashes are not lush, but this really impressed me.
I will buy again for sure.

on 6/20/2010 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like how small the brush is, it's so easy to get your lower lashes. But, the brush gives you no separation control so it's kinda clumpy. I'd say it's a little below average. Won't be buying again.

on 6/19/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I expected when I opend the mascara. It has a small brush fits my short eyelashes but I found out this is worthless. This mascara dried out my eyes all day and left black stains around my eyes. Very disappointed.

on 6/16/2010 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think I have short eyelashes and am petite so my eyes aren't very big. That being said, this product is one of my favorites! The wand is small so I can get into my corners and do my lower lash area without getting mascara all over the place and it picks up even my shortest lashes to create length. It doesn't flake and washes off easily at the end of the day. I definitely am not disappointed with this product! I have been experimenting with other mascaras to try to get volume but always make sure to have this on hand if those don't work out (which haven't so far). I love this product!

on 6/15/2010 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I remember I tried this years ago- it was targeted towards the Asian women with sparse lashes. I fit the bill so I picked this up and gave it a go. I have sensitive eyes and thought the formula didnt irritate my eyes, it didnt do much for my lashes either. Doesnt give much volume, curl or anything like that but then again, it wasnt designed to do so. The smaller brush does come handy to reach the shorter lashes so thats a plus. Overall, I wouldnt repurchase.

Popular Mascaras