July 23, 2014 | 1342 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Christina88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't determine if I really like this product or not. It's really quite bizarre. I like the scent of it, it almost smells like banana laffy taffy, but it almost feels like I'm smothering wax on my hands. I guess that's what it's supposed to feel like but I don't particularly care for it. I tried using the gloves with it and the next morning I still woke up with a waxy feeling on my hands but my hands did feel smoother when I washed them. I guess overall it's an ok product, but I dont think I'll be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by iris0726

I love this creme. It is meant to use with the cotton gloves overnight. Whenever my hands get very dry and skin cracked after heavy lifting and handling paperwork, I use this overnight and the next day my hands are much softer and smoother. This is not your hand cream in your purse kind of thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2007 4:55:00 PM More reviews by chinkywinky

I received this as a gift that was part of the hand kit. The smell of this product is so awful that my boyfriend told me to go buy a different hand creme. The texture is thick and greasy. It takes a few minutes before it absorbs, which is annoying. I recommend Savvanah Bee Hand Creme over Burt's Bees.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

I use this on my feet only. It is VERY greasy and the smell is too strong. I could not stand to have this on my hands it is very hard to wash off after applying it to my feet I have to wash my hands about four times before they feel clean. It does moisturize my feet. so I will use up this jar for that purpose only. I probably will not buy this again I like the body shops body butters much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by kuongkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cute packaging. Very moisturizing on hand and easy to apply. I didn't like the smell of it though - smells like dairy banana products. The texture is thick too. I would prefer the Almond milk beeswax hand creme instead =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 9:47:00 PM More reviews by alegnagogo

I love this smell of this! I use this on my elbows and knees in the winter because I use the Almond Milk one for my hands. It's really moisturizing, but I don't get why it's called Beeswax and BANANA Hand Cream. It smells like bananas, but I checked the ingredients and didn't find banana anywhere! I still love it though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually use this on elbows and feet. I think you know why. Too greasy for hands. The smell is just weired...don't like it. I checked the manufacturing date on my bottle, it was made at the end of 2005! I better check everytime before I buy from now on. Even for elbows and feet, I don't see great improvement. Regret buying.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by jll1637

It works okay.... I was looking for something to replace my Perlier Banana Nourishing Cream, since this is what I loved using on my hands and feet. I thought I would like it in keeping with the Banana theme. But Burt's doesn't absorb as well and leaves the hands greasy. I prefer something that is deeply moisturizing, but leaves the hands clean feeling after a minute. This left grease prints everywhere. The smell isn't so fresh; it is a little heavy...almost a little like the smell of burned sugar...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2007 1:36:00 AM More reviews by tantalumgirl

This is a heavy, waxy, greasy moisturizer, really only good for elbows and feet because it makes your hands too greasy to touch anything after applying. I initially loved the scent, very strong banana, it made my mouth water, but my little jar very quickly turned rancid. The shelf life of this is very short, so if you like it, use it up quickly. Because my jar is still pretty full, I was rubbing it on my feet tonight to see if I could use some up. My little kitty came over and sniffed my foot, grimaced, and almost fell over herself trying to get away, lol, too funny. I guess I'll have to pitch it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yummy what a beautful smell. It is predominantly bannana, very sweet and smells slightly fruity. I was drawn to burts bees as these products are natural and not tested on animals. Secondly, the scent of this is to die for. I smelt it when my sister was applying her smaple size on and it is strong but gorgeoues - thats if you like the smell of banana.
This is a fab hand cream. It is soooo moisturising and it a creameyemoilent that needs a couple of inutes to totally sink in. A little goes a long way and it is twice the pprice of a high street hand cream but you use less of it because this product works. It is like a balm as it is effective and combats dryness on hands, feet and elbows etc.
It is in a glass glass so it does have a bit of weight to it but burts bees do small travel packs and these are great for carrying daily or taking away on holidays.Alternatively dab some into a pot you can buy in your local chemis/drug store.
This can be purchased in leading department stores like harrods, selfridges and john lewis if you are in thhe UK...
I think it is fabulous and I wish they did it in tubes....love this stuff and will buy again and again for ever in fact!!!!!