October 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by pathetique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A great clarifying shampoo! It smells awesome and I look forward to using it every week (I use it once a week). Smells like oranges. I recommend using a good moisturizing conditioner after, I use it with the all soft conditioner. It restores my hair and adds a little volume.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by spicedchaiprincess

Awesome product. I have an interesting story behind how I tested the true effectiveness of this product. A few weeks ago, I put almond oil in my hair from my scalp (big mistake) to my ends, because I heard it's good for your hair. It was fine except that the oil on my scalp did NOT go anywhere after I washed my hair. There was a huge patch of product left on my hair close to my scalp and I could feel how much buildup there was whenever I touched it! I was so grossed out and I kept shampooing my hair with my regular Redken Smooth Down, and I particularly scrubbed and scrubbed that area for DAYS and DAYS (maybe even weeks?) and IT STILL DIDNT GO ANYWHERE!! the almond oil would not wash out of my hair no matter how much I shampooed and scrubbed it with my other shampoo. I knew about this product so I decided to buy it and see if it would work becausemy hair needed some intense shampoo to get the almond oil out.

I used this ONCE and my hair has never felt cleaner. Every trace of buildup feels completely gone. No more oil on my scalp or my hair!! In fact, when i used this, my hair felt so much "lighter" after, as though there was a ton of product weighing it down that was jjust rinsed off with this shampoo. It also smells nice (citrus like) and definitely worth the price ($13-15). LOVE THIS!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by beesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this shampoo as I need something that will clean my oily hair really well. It is a pretty good shampoo and left my hair less oily the next day than other shampoos do. As seems to happen to me though, my hair gets used to shampoos and after a while they aren't as effective at cleaning the grease from my hair and leave it sticky even 12 hours or so after washing it. I would definitely go back to this shampoo though and try it again. I wish it wasn't so expensive here though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by asmith923

leaves your hair squeaky clean. delivers as promised. you NEED to use a shampoo and conditioner after using this though. And only use when needed. Also just because you dont use extra hair products doesnt mean you dont need a clarifying shampoo. Shampoos and conditions also leave residue in your hair.

A good dupe is the neutrogena clarifying shampoo.. much cheaper but not as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by meowow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

very good cleansing shampoo, it does everything its meant to

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by kcsunshine1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awesome product. As someone with dry, wavy/curly hair, I always avoided clarifying because I was afraid that it would do more harm than good. That was a serious mistake b/c I think that by NOT clarifying, the products that I was using weren't doing their job. For reference, the last time I clarified my hair was probably a decade ago (maybe more).
After my hair gradually got worse and worse looking, I tried to figure out why the head of hair I consistently got compliments on looked parched, stringy and dull. I chalked it up to aging and the demi-permanent hair color I started using to attempt to soften grays. It never even occurred to me that I should clarify. Out of desperation, I turned to this and I can't believe the difference. My hair looks and feels completely different after only ONE application.
I did get a little freaked out after rinsing it out because my hair SQUEAKED clean, yes I really did hear it squeak! However, after I applied my usual Pureology Hydrate conditioner, my hair began to feel silky. I plan to use this 1x/month and I think that you should too.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most gentle clarifying shampoo I've ever used, hands down! I use hair styling products daily (mousse, shine serum, and heat protectant) and this clears the residue these leave behind quite efficiently, leaving my hair super shiny and not overly dry like most can. Another plus is that this shampoo has a nice citrus scent. I plan on buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does the job but leaves my highlighted hair dry. I prefer Joico's version better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Rinchi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Strange enough, this doesn't strip my hair or make my hair straw like, like som other cleansing shampoos do. In fact, this is one of the few shampoos that make my hair super soft, baby-like.I use it once in a while, about every two weeks and leave it on for a couple of minutes and I really love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by jpintane

Hair feels squeaky clean,not damaged. I love it, looking for bigger bottles, it is pricey but everything Redken is.