Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 10/13/2014 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the most overrated, crap product I have ever used in my entire life. Not only does it suck, I don't feel it gets the makeup off my skin at all. It is suppose to "melt your makeup off your face" as the people on QVC state (if you have ever watched the Phiosophy special they have). That too is a lie. It doesn't melt anything. I have to go back and rewash my face after using this product.

The ONE and ONLY thing that I can and will say on a positive note about this product, and I am not sure if it was the cleanser or something else, was that I had a spot on my face from where I picked at a pimple (yes, I know) and it actually cleared up the red mark and it made it go away. I think that was more from the use of the hope in a jar than the actual purity product. With that said, I will never use this product again, and hope this will save many people money.

on 10/11/2014 4:41:00 AM

I've already used up two or three big bottles of this cleanser. It works so well with my clarisonic mia and does a great job in removing my makeup. The texture of the cleaner is so gentle and the smell is so calming. HOWEVER!! I finally realize this is the one that cause me BREAKOUT after I've used up two bottles.... I had breakouts and pimples on my chin and forehead during the period of using this cleanser. I thought it was because of my period and sleeping too late at night. I switched to Kiehl's after and my chin stopped breaking out. After i finished the Kiehl's I started using the philosophy again, and there the breakouts come n say hello. It also causes my husband breakouts after he uses this. He doesn't like the sneaky feeling of this cleanser.

on 10/3/2014 8:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I've been breaking out like crazy recently, Just loads of little spots and bumps, and I'm not even too prone to breakouts. All my other skin products I've been using for a while so this cleanser must be the cause of the problems. Luckily I bought the smallest bottle size they did, but it's still way too overpriced for what it is. It didn't particularly hydrate my dehydrated combination skin either, and doesn't remove a lot of makeup. Overall, not great.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this cleanser so much so I bought a second bottle. My skin rebelled against me.

on 8/21/2014 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Someone at Philosophy sold their soul to the devil to make this. It's too good to be true. I use this for a full 60 seconds twice a day and it leaves my combination-oily skin beautiful and matte (nearly all day!) without any tightness or dryness. Hasn't caused any breakouts. Skin is softer and smoother than ever. Love, love, love.

on 8/12/2014 9:32:00 PM

worst product i have ever used do not buy

on 8/10/2014 4:22:00 PM

My friend recommended this to me. She wears a lot of makeup and she said this takes out makeup very good, so that is a good sign for me. I've always been skeptical about this because it has a lot of oils and my skin doesn't react well with oils..but I went ahead and buy a bottle to try. To my surprise, this does remove makeup really well, the creamy, liquid texture kind of get me thinking this is just some light duty cleanser, but I was wrong, it removes makeup very well and didn't make my skin tight at all. I really like it and I kind of enjoying the scent of those fragrant oils too..I will keep using this for the whole 2 weeks and report back but so far so good, I'm liking it

on 8/9/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I find this to be the best cleanser to use with my clarisonic mia. I have dry sensitive skin and this cleanser neither irritates the skin nor leaves dry patches. Rather than having a foaming consistency, it has almost a milky consistency and leaves the skin clean without feeling tight or dry. I should add I only wash my face 1x a day with this and it's at night to remove my makeup. I think if you used this 2x it may be too much for the skin.

My recommendation is to use a small amount at a time and purchase the travel size bottle before committing to the actual sizes. If you use a small amount a time, the travel size bottle will last you a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My skin dislikes this product, very, very much. It broke out like crazy when I used it. The scent reminded me of something, of LUSH. That should've been my sign to return it and close the cap, but I couldn't do that (It should've been my sign because Lush and I are allergic to each other, even the bath bombs break my body out). Not only did it break me out, but it spilled al over my luggage. This product has black pepper in it, an irritating ingredient. If you want a place to give you the truth about what your paying for, check out paulaschoice, she sorts through the ingredients in products.

on 7/30/2014 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this cleanser for almost 2 years now. I really like this cleanser. I think it does his job very well. This cleanser removes all of my make up. It doens't dry my skin out. It is just a basic cleanser. I use this cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia 2 and I love the combination of this two products. You can buy a little travel size at Sephora if you want to try this cleanser out. I really recommend this cleanser :)