October 26, 2014 | 1633 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Hautepants

This cleanser makes my face feel and look amazing! I seriously look younger after using this. The only thing I wish this cleanser was better at, is getting off all my makeup. I definitely have to use makeup remover with it. It's so worth it though, I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

Let me say I was a skeptic of high end facial cleansers. I was at ease with my Cere Ve foaming face wash. I was hesitant to buy this in the full size so I got the $10.00 bottle at Ulta. It seriously cleanses your face like none other. This cleanser left my skin smoothe like a baby's butt...like flakes I have had for years that appear in the winter on my face were gone in 2 days. The smell is pleasantly earthy and is addictive. It removes eye makeup and face makeup like a champ. I will be buying the larger size next time I go to Ulta. Great product and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by BenzaitenNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite cleanser EVER. I love how clean my skin feels. I went through a lot of cleansers trying to find the one. And this is it. Simple, clean and doesn't irratate the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by sarahmann175

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great cleanser, pricey but does a great job for oily skin

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by magnisky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I am rating it sort of harshly. I wanted to put 3.5 lippies. Honestly, comparing all the worlds cleansers, I am sure this is actually pretty good. But this is not my HG cleanser. It will dry out skin, it will not completely remove makeup, there will leftover detergent from the cleanser stuck on your skin unless you use a toner. There are other cleansers out there that are probably very good. Examples include clarins cleanser, fresh soy cleanser, and hands down #1 would the bioderma h2o crealine cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by NJquilter55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best facial cleanser on the market. Remove all of your makeup easily without drying out your skin. Leaves no residue and if you have allergies or sensitive skin, this may be the perfect product for you to try. I have been using this to wash my face at bedtime every single night for the last 6+years. I buy it in the supersized 32 oz pump bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by marifixx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have found my perfect cleanser. This does not only do the job - it does the job WELL! I like everything about it except the funky smell, but it's not something I can't live with.

Also love using this with my Clarisonic!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ellierosepoppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in my late 20's and I've been using this cleanser since college (so roughly 8 years at this point) and I've hardly used any others. Removes all makeup, evens out the texture, softens, doesn't cause me to breakout, isn't drying, doesn't irritate my eyes, and smells like a garden. It's worked wonderfully on my acne-prone and sensitive skin. The scent is from some of the natural ingredients included since this product has zero added fragrance. A little goes a long way and it's available in various sizes. I have no complaints about it. I really think this cleanser is amazing and has been and will continue to be an essential product in my skincare routine.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by RLDonaghy

I thought I was crazy because I can't stand this face wash, and so many people just LOVE it. I will say, it is GREAT at removing all makeup. It's even good at removing waterproof mascara. Leaves your skin feeling clean. That's where the benefits end. The smell is horrible, it's a lemony plastic smell, that I just can't get used to. Also, this breaks me out horribly. Over the years I have tried this face wash several times, just to see if it is a coincidence that I am broken out after using because I do have acne prone skin, or if it is this product. It never fails, I always get a breakout after using and most of the time it will include cystic acne.
I think this product works well for people who DO NOT have sensitive skin. If you are prone to breakouts I would highly suggest you stay away from this face wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MaigeAda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a philosophy gift set for Christmas with different skin care products. Of the 5 or 6 products, Purity cleanser was probably my favorite next to HIAJ Day cream.

The cleanser does what it promises and my skin feels really clean afterwards and It washes off makeup and mascara really well. I also really like the packaging as opposed to a pump cleanser. My only complaint is that it dries my skin out more than I would like it too, especially for the price of the cleanser.

Having that said, I'm not necessarily overwhelmed by this product. Yeah, it cleans, but it's way too pricey for what it does and I've used other cleaners that are just as good and less than half the price of Purity. I said I would buy it again because compared to the other Philosophy cleansers in the gift set, I'm most satisfied with this one. I would say it's really only worth the price if you have the money or are a fan of Philosophy products and know they work for you.

Because it is expensive and kind of drying, I've been using Purity just a few times a week and sticking with my regular Aveeno Ultra Calming cleanser which I love a recommend for daily use!