Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 7/30/2014 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this cleanser for almost 2 years now. I really like this cleanser. I think it does his job very well. This cleanser removes all of my make up. It doens't dry my skin out. It is just a basic cleanser. I use this cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia 2 and I love the combination of this two products. You can buy a little travel size at Sephora if you want to try this cleanser out. I really recommend this cleanser :)

on 7/20/2014 7:36:00 PM

This was my first time trying a philosophy cleanser and I was really excited to try this out but it made me breakout !! I don't break out EVER it was very creamy had a good smell Nd everything but broke my heart I'm glad this works for a lot of people I wish it would of worked on me I'm going to stick with my enzyme cleansers by DermaMD idk why I strayed away ....at least the bottle is pretty and will look cute on my bathroom counter !

on 7/11/2014 5:05:00 AM

I have been using this product for 3+ years now so I feel like I can offer up a decent review here. Bottom line, this cleanser is amazing for an everyday face wash. I use it morning and night- it's great with a clarisonic as well. Plus it will last you a VERY long time. I buy one every year at Christmas time when it's on sale (24oz). I do have a few cons though. One being it doesn't remove makeup incredibly well. I wash my face and still go over with Bioderma when I have a lot of makeup on. And secondly, of course, the price. This soap is very overpriced considering how "simple" it claims to be. You're paying for the brand. I say get a sample before you purchase, as with most products anyways. But I recommend it as it's a high quality, fresh, everyday face wash for most skin types.

on 7/7/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought the small 10 dollar bottle of the cleanser and i Love it. I have been using it for 2 weeks now. I have oily and problem (acne) skin. This product even out my skin tone and gave my skin a soft and firm feeling to my face. I gave it a 4/5 because i still get one or two pimples. Overall it is a great product.

on 7/3/2014 6:53:00 AM

I was give a sample of this cleanser and was really excited as I had never tried Philosophy products before and had always wanted to and I had heard great things and had very high hopes for the cleanser. After years of using very cheap cleanser such as Avon I decided it was time to up my skin care routine and this was my starting point I used this cleanser for 2 weeks and I NEVER have pimples!!!!!!!!! This cleanser broke me out like crazy I had tiny under the skin, rash like reaction on my forehead and under my eyes and I was honestly so disappointed and sad I have never been embarrassed about my skin before up until now and my heart honestly goes out to acne sufferers. Overall the product packaging was great the cleanser had a creamy texture the smell was honestly very plastically and not like anything i had used on my face before, the cleanser after using didnt make my face feel clean like others rather very sticky.

I would not repurchase this product or recommend it to anyone ever and have heard from many of my friends that work at cosmetic stores that alot of people return it for the same problem.

on 6/29/2014 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this facial cleanser. I use it to wash my face and also take off my eye makeup, and it does not irritate my eyes. It has a very clean and light smell that I love. My face easily breaks out and my skin has cleared up since I've been using this. Love it!

on 6/28/2014 1:15:00 AM

Initially, I was really impressed with this facial cleanser. It cleans without making my face feel dry or tight/striped feeling. Now, throw makeup removal into the mix and it just didn't cut it. It didn't take off my eye makeup, which wasn't even waterproof. I'm not going to buy eye remover or makeup wipes when I can get a cleanser that will do that.

Texture: Creamy, gel-like consistency. A little bit goes a long way, so I can see this product lasting a long time.

Scent: Fresh smell. Pleasant. Not overpowering.

Packaging: The packaging looks cute but a pump would be much more convenient.

Effects: Not drying but I would feel oily by the end of the day, no makeup. If I wore makeup, I'd feel oily/greasy after a few hours. More so than normal.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again and probably going to give this away to someone interested in trying it. This didn't improve my skin in any noticeable way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. What attracted me to it was the bottle, it looked very clean and simple. But my face did not like it at ALL! I'm usually oily but not as oily as this face wash has made me, it literally looked like I dipped my face in baby oil throughout the day. Also I only break out with a few bumps on my check during my period and I kid you not my face looks like a teenage boy. I'm broken out everywhere on my face, not just small pimples but huge bumps right beside each other all over my face. I am embarrassed to even go around people I know because I've never been broken out this bad. Save your money. I've already switched back to my Cetaphil cleanser for acne prone skin with no oil. And I also noticed in the ingredients for purity they have several different oils in this product.

on 6/20/2014 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Although I absolutely love this product, it is extremely pricey! I cannot see myself repurchasing this as soon as it runs out. Possibly later on when I start to miss it.

The texture is perfect, very creamy. The scent reminds me of something medicinal but I do not mind that at all. I would rather that than something fruity or too perfumed.

Overall I will repurchase once I start to miss it - but not without hesitation, the price is ridiculous for a cleanser.

on 6/10/2014 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I used this for maybe a year and considered it my HG. It did a really great job of removing my Revlon Colorstay foundation, which by itself is a tough foundation to get off and even harder when I wore primer and powder to keep it on. For the first few months or so my skin felt really nice and soft and I swore by this cleanser.

Eventually, my skin stopped feeling so soft and moisturized. Instead my skin felt irritated and extremely dry. I blamed this on my moisturizer instead of my face wash and tried many different moisturizers hoping to find one that would help. I decided to look up this cleanser and do some research and see if anybody else was having problems with this cleanser.

It has so many irritating ingredients I cannot believe I went so long with using this on my extremely sensitive combo skin. Once I stopped using this and tried a different cleanser my skin gradually felt much better.

I now use Olay's Sensitive Foaming face Wash which is my new forever HG. It leaves my face soft and moisturized and it has done so for months without breaking me out. It's also much cheaper with only being $4.99. Philosophy's Purity Made Simple is overpriced and horrible for my skin, I definitely wouldn't buy this again and I don't recommend it.