April 16, 2014 | 1929 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by paig392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this at night only, after cleansing with Neutrogena Healthy Skin anti blemish anti wrinkle and Olay brush, and toning with Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner. I smooth this over my face, and when I wake up my skin is sooo smooth, and I have bad persistent acne. LOVE THIS STUFF

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by vball91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great glycolic acid product for me. It's effective, at the right pH, and has a great price for the value. It's moisturizing enough for my slightly dry skin to use alone at night. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Wow this was the first AHA product I tried, I think it was perhaps the first on the market too if I am not mistaken, this brings me back memories because it was quite a long time ago when I used this, it was when it first came out, I remember getting pretty irritated at first but I didn't give up, I kepted trying and for some reason one summer I stopped getting red and I saw the results. This cream is very good without the hype and the high price tag, but my skin has long adjusted to aha's and I need more than 10% sometimes so I just make my own cream and it works amazing.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was added to my regimen about a month ago, when I started using BP2.5% again.
This really makes my face smooth and get rid of all the flakes. My powder foundation glides on like a dream!! It's amazing!!!
Some of my acne scars are gone, except I have like a quarter size one on my right cheek, no changes in that [yet]. My skin tone's more even, and I'm even thinking of going out without powder now ^^.
I use to use this every night, and after about two weeks, my skin was clear, then I started breaking out on my forehead. I stopped using it for a few days and it got better. I recently started using it again on my face, and after 2 days, I had a few pimple on my forehead. Now, I use this every night still, but only applying it to my T-zone every 1-2 nights, and it's working great for me.
Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After going through 3 tubes of Alpha Hydrox 10% AHA Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Oil Free Formula I decided to try another product from their line because I was very impressed by the results. I chose the lotion formula as I did find the Oil Free version to be drying and I always had to apply a moisturizer over top, plus being winter now my skin just loves to get drier and drier. Overall I think this lotion is fantastic! Actually gently exfoliates my skin, keeps dry patches away, and is quite moisturizing that I don't need to apply another product over top to hydrate my skin. Definitely a keeper and repurchase item!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

I pick up a few of these whenever T.J. Maxx has a sale on them. I use it a few times a week before I put on my moisturizer at night. I use acne.org's treatment and this because it's cheaper than what they sell on the website.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by KerryAnne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Many thanks to all the women who reviewed this product! I bought it based off the great reviews it got! I'm dealing with tons of stress and hormonal changes and this miracle lotion is keeping my skin from freaking out more than it already has! I recently purchased the Nourishing Cleanser and I love it in combination with the lotion! Also, the price is so good that I use it on my "chicken skin" arms! Thanks, ladies!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Katherine222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this for years and it works. I just turned 65 so I know. Whenever I get lazy and don't use it for a while, I can really see the difference. Wrinkles and crepyness are better, skin is brighter and clearer. I have read that the only products that really improve aging skin are the retinols (vitamin A) to encourage collagen replacement, and alpha or beta hydrox acids for exfoliation. I have recently added ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream for the Retinol and added to my alpha hydroxy during the day, these two products are really giving me results. I would recommend both. I got the ROC at Costco at a good price, but when I am out, I intend to try Alpha Hydroxy's retinol product since their other products are so good.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Why I stray from this lotion, I don't know other than it entails a trip to Ulta (thus buying more than I need, cause I'm a beauty junkie!). I've used other Glycolic Lotions (MD Forte, DDF, PTR), for the price, this one is the best. The ingredients in it allow the PH to be balanced so the AHA's actually work like they are supposed too. It doesn't smell bad, but it doesn't smell great, but I don't care for synthetic scents in my Face creams anyhow.

I have bad skin, didn't used to. In HS, My skin was porcelain perfect and then my hormones kicked into high gear around age 20 and I've been battling acne ever since. Now I got wrinkles to contend with too. I do not respond well to BHA's at all, so my only alternatives are lactic acid and Glycolics. I go through good spells with my skin but almost always get a hormonalbreakout on my chin area every month. It sucks because just as it is healing, it comes back again. Never ending. I tried the natural route, it worked to some degree and I still use mostly natural products like Jojoba and coconut oil. But I needed something to replace my Tazorac when my insurance runs out in January (Thanks Obamacare! meh...). So I'm going back to a routine that I know has worked in the past and the Alpha-Hydrox is the one thing I know by itself, cleared my skin, healed my acne scars and smoothed out the texture of my skin. It's really amazing stuff and cheap for what it is. 10% is just about right for Normal to slightly tougher skins. Sensitive types may want to try buffering this with a little face oil or go find a lower concentration. I have fairly tough skin from years of acne products, and this still stings a bit when I first start using it. the stinging goes away after about 10 minutes. It's worth it though. It makes my skin as smooth as a baby's bottom. It evens the texture and color of my skin. I started back on this right before Thanksgiving and it's already clearing a terrible breakout I had right before the holidays. Normally I don't heal that fast. It's aggravating to say the least. I am using this with Mario Badescu's Enzyme cleanser which is gentle and leaves my face clean and fresh, then I use PTR's Unwrinkle pads 3x a week., on nights I don't use PTR, I use a Glycolic toner with aloe, let my face dry and then apply this every night. I am not using in during the day if I leave the house. Mainly because it does make my skin sun sensitive even with sunscreen. Please use SPF30+. Even in the winter you can get a sunburn with this stuff.

I will update later in the month with my progress. Right now, I have a lot of Hyper-pigmentation but no active acne. Two large spots that are healing. Some wrinkle on my forehead that I would like to diminish. I plan to photograph my progress using the 4 products I mentioned above and see if I can banish the hormonal acne.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This is constantly being compared to Acne.org's AHA+ treatment. I've used both and I find this one to be inferior to AHA+ treatment. This lotion is white and it stays white when you rub it on the skin. It takes time for it to sink in. And i don't see the results as fast as AHA+ treatment. I prefer AHA+ since it has licorice extract to lighten skin's pigmentations.