October 1, 2014 | 1691 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mcgrath1375

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion. I have suffered from Acne my entier life, and have some hyperpigmentation from it. My skin tone was dull and uneven and spotted. I was on Accutane once and my skin looked wonderful. Since then, I had a bad winter battling hormonal acne around my chin, and I didn't want to go as far as to go on the meds again.

I use this lotion at night time and it is slowly giving me a new glowing complextion. When I do get a new breakout, it goes away much faster. I don't even have to apply rentin-a or a mask to it. It naturally exfoliates enough without being too harsh. The price is amazing. I am interested in seeing if this will help dimish the look of Stretch marks as well, since it is a gentle exfoliator.

Message me if you have used it for SM. In any case, it seems like this product has been around for a while, and it hasn't changed. It looks like there are woman in generations above me that are happy with the results long-term. I think I am sold forever. This is the only product in the Alpha Hydrox line that I have tried, but could be pursuaded to buy more if anyone has recommendations.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

I absolutely love this product it works wonders. I'll worship Neoteric cosmetics forever for making affordable AHA products. I was looking for something to prevent future wrinkles and improve my acne prone skin. I researched around and picked the enhanced lotion for it's reasonable price, 10% AHA, and you get the most for your money at 6 oz when other companies are asking $20 or more for 1 oz treatments. I was totally sold. I've used it this past month and already my skin tone is more even, less breakouts, and blackheads are gone. I can go outside without putting on makeup. Seriously it's that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by lisahmad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is AWESOME. Ok ..its not a miracle product and no product out there (La Mer included) is. But for the $$, its a home run for sure. I've used high end products like SKI II, Estee, Chanel and Lancome and they are expensive and good. This lotion is cheap and good. I have OILY skin but this lotion (even tho it says FOR DRY SKIN TYPE) is exactly right for my face. I use it at night under my moisturizer and in the day under my sunscreen. I've waited 4 weeks before writing this review because I want to make sure I see results before I do this. My blotchiness/redness has gone down TREMENDOUSLY and my skin tone is really even now; I can see less defined number 11 (between my eyebrows) and overall, I see clarity and a more CLEAN face. I used it on my rough patches on my elbows and it has helped PLENTY to soften the area; I used it on my back when i get occassional pimple-ish spots and it helped those too. I will definitely buy more boxes of this when I get to my nearest ULTA shop. The downside? Packaging is HORRID - but hey, thats why its so cheap, right? I am all for that =) highly recommended!!

Oh and I need to add: PLEASE use sunscreen after you use this product - you should use sunscreen with high SPF regardless, but especially after using AHA products - if you don't you might end up with red blotchy damaged skin!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by tapasnut

This is a terrific product that I can't live without. I use 3-4x per week at night and it leaves me with the softest, break-out free skin imaginable. Before I started using this product, I would get regular clogged pores and break-outs. But, I've been using this for a couple years and my skin has changed to completely clear. It also seems to help with signs of aging since my skin looks healthier and younger than years ago. For a miracle product (for me) it is an amazing deal at about $10 per bottle. I actually like the texture of the lotion better than the souffle (which also works well) and prefer this lotion to pricier AHAs I've tried. I haven't seen this at any drugstores in my area so usually purchase from neoteric cosmetics's website, which has monthly coupons and specials.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by mikesgirl1990

Love this....great price, excellent feel on skin- no breakouts. Have repurchased twice!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

With this review, I continue my raves for the Alpha Hydrox line. I switched from the 10% cream and 12% souffle simply because the lotion gives you more bang for your buck---6 ounces for about $11. That's three times as much product for the same price. That means I can apply it on my face, neck, chest and hands, and this will still last a long time because a little goes a long way.

As far as performance, my review for the lotion is the same as for the cream, which to me is exactly the same but with a slightly thicker texture. This stuff definitely stings for the first 10 minutes or so, but it's so worth it. Though I still need BHA's for mild/moderate acne, the AHA has definitely helped and certainly not hurt. My skin is much brighter, smoother, glowy, and even-toned since I started using AHA's. So even if I have a breakout, my skin still looks nicer than it otherwise would. Scars and marks have definitely faded, too.

The lotion isn't heavy or greasy. Yet it is definitely moisturizing, for me better at nighttime. All in all, an excellent product at an excellent value.
EDIT OK, so I took a break from this and noticed upon resuming that I've been getting more pimples when using this. About two per use. Thought it wasn't a big deal, but I've gotten a couple of large, swollen pimples. Sadly, I have to stop using this.But since I only use this once a week or two, and the results are otherwise great, so I will probably continue using. BUT If it doesn't break you out, I highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Monique372

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It is the perfect combination of PH level and glycolic acid that really exfoliates nicely and gives you a nice glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by paig392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this at night only, after cleansing with Neutrogena Healthy Skin anti blemish anti wrinkle and Olay brush, and toning with Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner. I smooth this over my face, and when I wake up my skin is sooo smooth, and I have bad persistent acne. LOVE THIS STUFF

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by vball91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great glycolic acid product for me. It's effective, at the right pH, and has a great price for the value. It's moisturizing enough for my slightly dry skin to use alone at night. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Wow this was the first AHA product I tried, I think it was perhaps the first on the market too if I am not mistaken, this brings me back memories because it was quite a long time ago when I used this, it was when it first came out, I remember getting pretty irritated at first but I didn't give up, I kepted trying and for some reason one summer I stopped getting red and I saw the results. This cream is very good without the hype and the high price tag, but my skin has long adjusted to aha's and I need more than 10% sometimes so I just make my own cream and it works amazing.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No