July 29, 2014 | 932 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

With this review, I continue my raves for the Alpha Hydrox line. I switched from the 10% cream and 12% souffle simply because the lotion gives you more bang for your buck---6 ounces for about $11. That's three times as much product for the same price. That means I can apply it on my face, neck, chest and hands, and this will still last a long time because a little goes a long way.

As far as performance, my review for the lotion is the same as for the cream, which to me is exactly the same but with a slightly thicker texture. This stuff definitely stings for the first 10 minutes or so, but it's so worth it. Though I still need BHA's for mild/moderate acne, the AHA has definitely helped and certainly not hurt. My skin is much brighter, smoother, glowy, and even-toned since I started using AHA's. So even if I have a breakout, my skin still looks nicer than it otherwise would. Scars and marks have definitely faded, too.

The lotion isn't heavy or greasy. Yet it is definitely moisturizing, for me better at nighttime. All in all, an excellent product at an excellent value.
EDIT OK, so I took a break from this and noticed upon resuming that I've been getting more pimples when using this. About two per use. Thought it wasn't a big deal, but I've gotten a couple of large, swollen pimples. Sadly, I have to stop using this.But since I only use this once a week or two, and the results are otherwise great, so I will probably continue using. BUT If it doesn't break you out, I highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Monique372

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It is the perfect combination of PH level and glycolic acid that really exfoliates nicely and gives you a nice glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by paig392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this at night only, after cleansing with Neutrogena Healthy Skin anti blemish anti wrinkle and Olay brush, and toning with Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner. I smooth this over my face, and when I wake up my skin is sooo smooth, and I have bad persistent acne. LOVE THIS STUFF

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by vball91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great glycolic acid product for me. It's effective, at the right pH, and has a great price for the value. It's moisturizing enough for my slightly dry skin to use alone at night. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Wow this was the first AHA product I tried, I think it was perhaps the first on the market too if I am not mistaken, this brings me back memories because it was quite a long time ago when I used this, it was when it first came out, I remember getting pretty irritated at first but I didn't give up, I kepted trying and for some reason one summer I stopped getting red and I saw the results. This cream is very good without the hype and the high price tag, but my skin has long adjusted to aha's and I need more than 10% sometimes so I just make my own cream and it works amazing.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was added to my regimen about a month ago, when I started using BP2.5% again.
This really makes my face smooth and get rid of all the flakes. My powder foundation glides on like a dream!! It's amazing!!!
Some of my acne scars are gone, except I have like a quarter size one on my right cheek, no changes in that [yet]. My skin tone's more even, and I'm even thinking of going out without powder now ^^.
I use to use this every night, and after about two weeks, my skin was clear, then I started breaking out on my forehead. I stopped using it for a few days and it got better. I recently started using it again on my face, and after 2 days, I had a few pimple on my forehead. Now, I use this every night still, but only applying it to my T-zone every 1-2 nights, and it's working great for me.
Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After going through 3 tubes of Alpha Hydrox 10% AHA Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Oil Free Formula I decided to try another product from their line because I was very impressed by the results. I chose the lotion formula as I did find the Oil Free version to be drying and I always had to apply a moisturizer over top, plus being winter now my skin just loves to get drier and drier. Overall I think this lotion is fantastic! Actually gently exfoliates my skin, keeps dry patches away, and is quite moisturizing that I don't need to apply another product over top to hydrate my skin. Definitely a keeper and repurchase item!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

I pick up a few of these whenever T.J. Maxx has a sale on them. I use it a few times a week before I put on my moisturizer at night. I use acne.org's treatment and this because it's cheaper than what they sell on the website.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by KerryAnne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Many thanks to all the women who reviewed this product! I bought it based off the great reviews it got! I'm dealing with tons of stress and hormonal changes and this miracle lotion is keeping my skin from freaking out more than it already has! I recently purchased the Nourishing Cleanser and I love it in combination with the lotion! Also, the price is so good that I use it on my "chicken skin" arms! Thanks, ladies!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Katherine222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for years and it works. I just turned 65 so I know. Whenever I get lazy and don't use it for a while, I can really see the difference. Wrinkles and crepyness are better, skin is brighter and clearer. I have read that the only products that really improve aging skin are the retinols (vitamin A) to encourage collagen replacement, and alpha or beta hydrox acids for exfoliation. I have recently added ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream for the Retinol and added to my alpha hydroxy during the day, these two products are really giving me results. I would recommend both. I got the ROC at Costco at a good price, but when I am out, I intend to try Alpha Hydroxy's retinol product since their other products are so good.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No