Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

4.2

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea

on 12/22/2011 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this, but I cant use it every night unfortunately. I have this in the jar though. It makes my skin super red if i do. But so far it seems to do its job and I will continue to use it.

on 12/2/2011 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite facial lotion for two reasons. First, it smooths out my skin and gets rid of fine lines making me look younger than people my age. Second, it helps keep my skin clear by exfoliation. This enables my acne medication (2.5% benzoyl peroxide) to penetrate the pores. I also don't get flaky skin anymore from the medication because of this lotion. I still use a physical exfoliating scrub to get rid of some dry skin so my makeup goes on smooth. It's very important to wear sunscreen with this lotion especially in the summer otherwise you can damage your skin and end up looking older in the long run. I hope they never discontinue this line. I naturally have very oily skin but the alpha hydrox lotion paired with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cuts the oil down significantly.

on 11/23/2011 4:42:00 PM

Sale alert : $4.99 on www.neotericcosmetics.com.

I totally stocked up! This is HG.

on 11/15/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

woke up with smoth soft skin. I can only use it at night because it is a bit oily on my oliy skin. Hasn't made my ance prone skin break out and only cost $14 at walgreens.

Update: This is a good place to start before moving on to higher % AHA's

on 8/14/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Horrible product, even though I do like most glycolic acid products, this was not one of them. I should have taken a closer look at the ingredients, but didn't do so until after I put this lotion on my face and it started to BURN like fire. It wasn't because I wasn't used to glycolic acid because I was, and have used products with the same amount of glycolic acid as this. I rinsed this off fast, and took a look at the ingredient list and saw that this contained Ammonium Hydroxide (yuck! ammonia!), and when I brought this back to Ulta they kindly allowed me to exchange it for something else and they told me that Ammonium Hydroxide is used to neutralize the lotion. Well, I looked up this ingredient and most people seem to have little or no reaction to this, but there are some people who do have an adverse reaction to ammonium hydroxide in cosmetics. I think the reason it is cheaper is because they use cheaper ingredients in conjunction with the glycolic acid. I most definitely don't recommend this to people, as there are FAR FAR better glycolic acid products out there such as Reviva and Peter Thomas Roth!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE THIS STUFF. I have hormonal acne that I haven't been able to control that well and I get about three cysts around "that time" that leave behind red marks. Using this stuff twice a day every day has helped to fade those marks in about two-three weeks. Mind you, I mix this in with a separate moisturizer as I don't find it to be very moisturizing on its own. I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to brighten up their complexion.

on 7/21/2011 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was expecting a moisturizing lotion but this ended up making my skin sting after putting it on. I guess its my fault as I should have researched this product a little more before assuming that it was actually a lotion. My skin felt tight and dry after using it and I ended up returning it within a week of purchase. I also broke out in tiny pimples and then three cystic pimples which did not make me happy. I always read great reviews for these products but I guess they may just not be for me.

on 6/15/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I went all over town looking for this stuff before finally finding it at Ulta. I have to say, it is pretty great. I was worried that it would dry out my skin or burn, and surprisingly, it does neither. It didn't force me to add lotion to my regimen (which is great because I still haven't found a lotion that doesn't break me out). I put it on at night, and in the morning, my skin looks much smoother and clearer and fresher. Good stuff. I'm 31, and this makes me look about 3 years younger. The wrinkles on my forehead are even diminished.

I haven't found it to be the miracle cure all for acne that other's claim. It smooths the texture and seems to get rid of the little bumps, but it does nothing for the blackheads and I think it even gives me 10% more zits. It has silicone in it, which seems a little nefarious. That said, my skin looks brighter and younger when I use this, so I'm not complaining.

on 6/7/2011 5:04:00 PM

I have to say that after faithfully using AH products for nearly ten years now, I was eager to try this lotion. I must confess that I was surprised at the way it seems to prickle and tingle when it first goes on, due to the glycolic elements no doubt. However, I would like to think that after all the heavy duty face peels and other AHA, BHA, retin A and other treatments, that my skin is pretty strong. Amazingly, not with this OTC product. That said, the lotion feels great once on the face and after the initial tingling, it makes the skin glow and feel so soft and smooth. I love the cleanser and Souffle which has 2% more glycolic acid than this lotion and interestingly does not prickle as much. Overall, a very good lotion that really works to smooth the skin and take away minor lines and wrinkles. Final word of recommendation: WEAR AT LEAST 30 spf sunscreen when using this or any of the other AH products, that's a must!

on 5/31/2011 7:04:00 PM

This ruined my skin.. Literally. Never Again.

Popular Moisturizers