April 18, 2014 | 1962 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2006 9:09:00 AM More reviews by haae_ritz

I have fine, relatively straight highlighted hair and this product is a MUST! I use it everyday before I blowdry and it helps protect my hair when I use the flat iron. I would love for this product to have a stronger Aveda type scent, but it's very light and hardly smells at all. I would definitely recommend this to a friend!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2006 9:09:00 AM More reviews by OhNaturelle

I thought this to be horribly expensive for styling product that didn't do a thing for my hair. I was looking for something to tame frizzies down, but this only works for about 5 minutes and then I have to re-apply. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2006 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't find anything special about this silicone serum. It was "okay", but it surely didn't justify the high price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 1:28:00 PM More reviews by moxiegretl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! I use it on my thick hair to smooth fly-aways after straightening or smooth out curls when I go curly. I've always applied it when my hair is dry; haven't tried it on damp or wet hair yet. I like that it isn't greasy - goes on very lightweight. I use only 1-2 pumps for my long hair.

If you still have product on your hands and need to wash them, you should use less product during application. I've found that if I only do 1 pump (long, thick hair!) and work it in a bit, then it all comes off my hands pretty good. If I do 2-3 pumps of product, then I always have excess to wash off my hands.

The nice thing is though, if you accidentally use too much, your hair isn't going to get that nasty greasy "too much product" look. (At least not for thicker hair.)

As far as price, its fine to me as I get an employee discount! So I have a closet full of Aveda and MOP products, yet I always come back to this little blue bottle. And if you are not a fan of the typical Aveda scents, this one is very subtle with only hints of lavender.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by uofmdem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is great! I use it on my fine, thin hair to control flyaways and little frizzies and it works perfectly. Whenever I tried to use serums before they would weigh my hair down and make it feel greasy, but this product does neither. I apply 2-3 pumps into damp hair (sometimes I mix it with confixor, another aveda product) and blow-dry as usual. I'll alos apply some afterI blow-dry if my ends are looking dry. MY own personal disclaimer: My BF works at an Aveda salon so I've gotten try just about all of their products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by chaeriste

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have two sample tubes of this product and carry one in my purse. My hair is very slippery, but I have a crapload of it... so you can imagine the problem. I use hot rollers all the time, so what I do is use an aerosol hairspray, roll the hair, and after I take the rollers out, I put a bit of this fluid in my hands and then break up the curls with it. Just amazing body and no helmet head. I highlight my hair, so it's very dry, but will behave if I do this. I don't like the standard packaging... everything should come in packaging like Frizz-Ease Wind-Down cream... where the bottom comes up like a vacuum. Oh, well. Totally weightless product, even when I use it near my hairline (I have SERIOUS flyaway problems there... foo).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2006 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Midnight_Aeval

The spa at my work had a great sale on Aveda products and I snagged this up right away. I used to live in a very, very dry place so blowdrying/straightening was never a concern with my naturally straight hair. Now, with all this humidity, I'm not sure how I lived without this Smoothing Fluid! It has a strange consistency, I'm guessing it's silicone based? But in any case, it works it's magic. I use before blowdrying and cut out the straightening. My hair has never looked so sleek! It also has a great smell (lavender). I will be buying this as long as I can get an employee discount!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2006 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ara133

This smoothing fluid is super for taming frizzy, dry or static-prone hair. My hair (kind of coarse & thick brown hair) tends to be dry but when my stylist first used this on me, my hair was smooth and flowy - just like the conditioner ads on tv! I was instructed to use six pumps, rub it in my hands and then apply it throughout my hair before blow-drying, or during blow-drying. This works well, and I've found that six pumps really does seem to be the perfect number for me - five isn't quite enough, and more than six seems greasy. My hair is just below shoulder-length, I suppose people with longer hair may need more product. The bottle just says to use "a small amount". It also says you can use this to tame fly-aways on dry hair (I haven't tried that yet). The only drawback to this is that it's really difficult to wash off your hands... but it's worth it for the effect it has on my hair! Will definitely repurchase, though I consider this to be pretty expensive (I think it was over $20, which, when combined with the cost of the spa/salon hair cut, makes for quite a bill!). You don't use very much, however, so the $20 goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2005 5:39:00 PM More reviews by libby99

This stuff is good. I've had my bottle for over a year and there is still plenty in there, but then, I only use it once a week or so. I alternate between this and Garnier Sleek and Shine serum. This is lighter and does a good job of smoothing my hair, though it doesn't provide a drastic difference, which the Garnier kind of does. I still like this equally well for some reason. My favorite thing about it is that it can be used on dry hair without causing greasiness, which is pretty rare for this type of production. Not a bad buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 7:10:00 PM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Frizz has been the biggest problem for me. I have thick, wavy, coarse hair and this stuff works! I combine a nickel size amount of Universal cream with some of this Light Elements Smoothing Fluid into my damp hair and blow dry. It seals in moisture. When my hair is dry, I pass a small amount of fluid to finish. My hair silky and flyaway free!